Has anyone lost hair from cutting back on propecia but still taking a lower dose?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OMNIBUS
    • Mar 2012

Has anyone lost hair from cutting back on propecia but still taking a lower dose?

In order to save money and reduce possible sides. I've started cutting finasteride(1mg) in half. I could be paranoid, and this could all be in my head. but i've noticed that my hair in my temporal area looks slitghty thinner and higher since the 2 weeks i've been cutting the pills in half. Before i started taking half dose i was taking propecia full dose for about 8 months. I have had no big sheds or improvement to hair but i also have not lost any more hair until maybe now(its hard to say for sure, its not too noticable if i did). By the way, I have also seen multiple threads online saying half dose should be almost as effective as full.

Even so, i really want to know has anyone taken propecia full dose and went to half dose and lost some hair? Is it possible to have a shed 8 months in?
  • Shan
    • Feb 2013

It is possible to have a shed at 8 months but why would you change something that was working.
    Look to a generic brand if you want to save money

Comment

• OMNIBUS
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Shan
      It is possible to have a shed at 8 months but why would you change something that was working.
      Look to a generic brand if you want to save money
      My financial situation is really bad right now. I alrdy switched to generic brand which saved me 30$ a month. but it still wasnt enough since my credit card is almost full =/. So im taking half until i get a job(if i lose more hair tho i will go bak to full dose immediately). My hair is very important to me and my confidence so im a bit worried.

Comment

• Woodyy
        • Apr 2013

Could have just bought generic proscar and cut that into 4ths or even 5ths, that would have saved even more money without lowering the dose as much.

Comment

• OMNIBUS
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Woodyy
          Could have just bought generic proscar and cut that into 4ths or even 5ths, that would have saved even more money without lowering the dose as much.
          Proscar is a perscription tho right? My doctor wasnt even sure if should prescribe me propecia, i barely convinced him lol, i think its because im so young(21). I doubt he would give me a proscar prescription. When i have health insurance again tho(cant pay for it now -__-), ill talk to him about it.

Comment

• Woodyy
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by OMNIBUS
            Proscar is a perscription tho right? My doctor wasnt even sure if should prescribe me propecia, i barely convinced him lol, i think its because im so young(21). I doubt he would give me a proscar prescription. When i have health insurance again tho(cant pay for it now -__-), ill talk to him about it.
            Could just buy generic 5mg finasteride pills online, inhouse is legit and cheap as hell.

Comment

Working...