+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default FORUM Section Reordering and Reorganization

Hey guys

with so many interesting threads being opened and different things being said about the same topic in different places, I was wondering if anyone else also thinks it's time to reorganize the section...

I used to follow the Italian section of Skyscrapercity.com once and those guys really had it figured out.

Each major topic of importance had its own thread clearly referencing the subject; for example a thread about Histogen would be "Histogen thread - News, Developments, and Opinions" and so on.

We should have one for each major company instead of having 3 subforums no one ever uses like right now.

These threads should become "stickies" and always be at the top. And also it would be really cool if we had a mod or someone who is really into it who opens the thread and makes a really nice summary as first post, with basically an explanation of what is going on officially.

Then, when new developments come out, they should go back and update that first post.

Additionally we should continue to have topic threads like the ones on the congress in Scotland, which of course are mainly temporary and everyone can start.

Among these more temporary threads, each one of us who is trying some kind of innovative regimen should be posting their progress so we could all access the information efficiently and be able to learn from it.

Anyone else agrees? I feel like despite all the great interest and intelligent people in here, there is also a lot of useless whining and with all due respect I say we're all on the same boat so let's leave the depression posts for the other sections of the forum and instead organize information so that it is readily accessible to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Hey guys

with so many interesting threads being opened and different things being said about the same topic in different places, I was wondering if anyone else also thinks it's time to reorganize the section...

I used to follow the Italian section of Skyscrapercity.com once and those guys really had it figured out.

Each major topic of importance had its own thread clearly referencing the subject; for example a thread about Histogen would be "Histogen thread - News, Developments, and Opinions" and so on.

We should have one for each major company instead of having 3 subforums no one ever uses like right now.

These threads should become "stickies" and always be at the top. And also it would be really cool if we had a mod or someone who is really into it who opens the thread and makes a really nice summary as first post, with basically an explanation of what is going on officially.

Then, when new developments come out, they should go back and update that first post.

Additionally we should continue to have topic threads like the ones on the congress in Scotland, which of course are mainly temporary and everyone can start.

Among these more temporary threads, each one of us who is trying some kind of innovative regimen should be posting their progress so we could all access the information efficiently and be able to learn from it.

Anyone else agrees? I feel like despite all the great interest and intelligent people in here, there is also a lot of useless whining and with all due respect I say we're all on the same boat so let's leave the depression posts for the other sections of the forum and instead organize information so that it is readily accessible to everyone.
    I can't disagree with any of that!

I would also add the privilege of being able to thumb-down a particular post, if the post get's say -50 thumbs down, then it disappears from the thread. That would get rid of the pointless arguing! Making the important posts stick keeping the threads on topic (Each member can only give one thumbs down per post.)

That would be awesome!

We need a more organized forum, I mean I am trying to get some friends give me an opinion on stuff I read here and I can't even reference a page!

It literally takes hours of digging through useless information to get anyone to understand what the **** is going on! If we can't create our own cure at least let's become well informed and cut the whining on how life is going to be so hard and we need a cure tomorrow!

We should also have a thread owned by Desmond where he can post his findings, like papers and new studies and all that stuff he finds.

+1

Agree completely. Definitely need stickies. As an aside I've spent a lot of time on skyscrapercity.com and it is fantastic.

The Desmond thread should also be a sticky.

Thumbs up

I would even contemplate renaming the forum desmond84talk.com

Totally agree with T87 that there's way too many sub-folders here, in the Cutting Edge section and BTT in general.

Arrow

BTT is very interested in implementing user suggestions to better organize the Cutting Edge/Future Treatments forum of our community.

Please provide your detailed suggestions in this thread, along with the usernames of those you believe to be best suited to compose the various summaries for each major sub forum.

BTT wants our users to have the best experience possible and will seriously consider each and every reasonable suggestion.

I want to second some of the useful suggestions others have posted. Right now it seems like there are dozens of individual threads related to topics like Histogen, Aderans, Replicel, etc. I think it would make things so much easier to have stickies, rather than having people create a new thread every time they think of a question or we get some additional news on these topics.

Inactive

+1 guys, we need better organisation here

Ok, as soon as I have some time I'll make a proposal containing these improvements and open a poll; I'll provide some links to point to as examples of forums we should take after.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    BTT is very interested in implementing user suggestions to better organize the Cutting Edge/Future Treatments forum of our community.

Please provide your detailed suggestions in this thread, along with the usernames of those you believe to be best suited to compose the various summaries for each major sub forum.

BTT wants our users to have the best experience possible and will seriously consider each and every reasonable suggestion.
    Ok so first of all we should decide if we want to keep the subforums; I see they are not used very much, probably because there are so many things happening and there are only 4 subforums (why is there a PRP subforum and not an Aderans subforum for example...)

If we want to get rid of them, which I propose, then we can organize all information in separate and neatly organized threads:

1) Create a subject thread for every major legit company/research effort that produces a somewhat consistent amount of literature and is credible; so for example Replicel, Histogen, ARI, Team Tokyo, Dutasteride, or its new substitute that is under development, and so on....

A) These should be named consistently e.g. "Histogen - Latest News, Opinions, Rumors" or whatever naming convention you guys want to use.

B) These should be opened by someone who is consistently on the forum and follows things. The first post is essential: it needs to describe fully what the subject is, link to websites and sources, and most importantly it needs to be updated by whoever wrote it if something new happens.

C) I don't know if you want to count RU, Dut, and BNP as also threads in this category

2) Then we'll have other threads where we'll discuss stuff; these do not necessarily have to be stickies but I would have a few of them be: for example as proposed there could be a "new research published" thread which some of us wish Desmond would do, where he and others can post research they find online and we can all discuss... this is a place to post the most random stuff, from the BS researchers who believe soy food combined with spicy foods helps, to the most advanced studies made in Asia. So the Edinburgh congress would be one of these, but certainly not a sticky, whereas the "Desmond thread" should be a sticky.

3) Other great threads I've seen on here are the ones recently opened by Hellouser on his use of RU and his cutting edge regimen: there will probably be a similar one on BNP at some point in time, and so on... the "guide to using RU thread" should be a sticky, but for example his log of what he has done with it should not (IMO).

4) Also IMO threads on Gho, Nigam, and the new French guy should be (A) Unique! Let's not have 2 threads for each of them people... and (B) not stickies as there is no consensus on them yet - IMO

This is just a start and the more suggestions the better. What do you guys think?