+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

oh and of course htere should be threads on the latest HT
    techniques, and I don't know if you wanna have just one big thread or a separate thread for each doctor undergoing research

I really would appreciate it if we had just one thread for each of the companies undertaking research (i.e. Histogen, Aderans, Replicel, and perhaps a few others). I think a lot of times forum newbies start new threads when it would be better if they searched the forum and posted their comments in an existing thread. It is so much easier to have all the information in one place.

I know it requires more moderation to move posts, or try to get people to follow forum guidelines, but it is much appreciated!

One thing to keep in mind about making one big master thread for each company is that the threads will have so many posts in it that new guys trying to catch up on what's going on, but don't have the time to go through 500 pages, will make a post in the thread asking "So can some one summarize what is going on", and like the majority of times, this new person will be rejected by the more knowledgeable people and be sent to "Go find it yourself".

Not that it has happened to me, my experience on BTT has been great, very helpful info. But I have seen it happen to other new guys.

Also, from my experience of posting in 7 different forums, the earliest join date being 2005, too many master threads would definitely lower the traffic on this site, which is something that i'm not sure if BTT wants. People will become disinterested because of the large threads and being lost, and would stop coming.

With that said i'll give one positive review of this proposal and that is I vote for Desmond84 to be "The Guy" or the moderator in charge of posting news.

Change is good sometimes, hopefully this works out for all of you guys. It looks like every one is for this new style so I will go ahead and agree with it too but the above paragraphs is just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    One thing to keep in mind about making one big master thread for each company is that the threads will have so many posts in it that new guys trying to catch up on what's going on, but don't have the time to go through 500 pages, will make a post in the thread asking "So can some one summarize what is going on", and like the majority of times, this new person will be rejected by the more knowledgeable people and be sent to "Go find it yourself".

Not that it has happened to me, my experience on BTT has been great, very helpful info. But I have seen it happen to other new guys.

Also, from my experience of posting in 7 different forums, the earliest join date being 2005, too many master threads would definitely lower the traffic on this site, which is something that i'm not sure if BTT wants. People will become disinterested because of the large threads and being lost, and would stop coming.
    But keep in mind someone would just refer you to the first page. Whoever is in charge of updating it will keep everything important on the first post and continue to re edit whenever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    But keep in mind someone would just refer you to the first page. Whoever is in charge of updating it will keep everything important on the first post and continue to re edit whenever needed.
    That could work, but the opening poster will have to have moderating powers for sure. Because normal posters can not edit their own posts after a certain amount of time has passed.

Thumbs up

Wow what a great idea...I especially really like the idea of:

- Voting threads up and down based on popularity! and

- Allowing the Original Poster to alter its original post which can always keep that thread up to date! It can state something like post "last edited on 5/3/13" for example!

I also wanna thank everyone who thinks I should have my own thread You guys are too kind! Either way I'll be updating you guys anyways!

Let's make BTT the one and only forum

Oh also, just an idea:

What's the point of subforums? Let's just get rid of them!

If there is anything groundbreaking anyways, it will be voted up and stay on top right? At least in theory I suppose :P

No ones visits the subforums anyways

exactly

PS the thread for general new research publications doesn't have to be solely maintained by Desmond... that's like a job! Everyone should be allowed to post - but we all know he'd obviously contribute a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Oh also, just an idea:

What's the point of subforums? Let's just get rid of them!

If there is anything groundbreaking anyways, it will be voted up and stay on top right? At least in theory I suppose :P

No ones visits the subforums anyways
    Agreed, the cutting edge forum should be much higher. We're pretty close on actual treatments and theres a lot of stuff coming out through trials from forum members with experimental stuff.

We *NEEED* to spread awareness!! Get people riled up and move away from Merck's garbage and push for a legitimate treat and quick release frmo Aderans and Histogen.

We've been waiting LONG ENOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Wow what a great idea...I especially really like the idea of:

- Voting threads up and down based on popularity! and

- Allowing the Original Poster to alter its original post which can always keep that thread up to date! It can state something like post "last edited on 5/3/13" for example!

I also wanna thank everyone who thinks I should have my own thread You guys are too kind! Either way I'll be updating you guys anyways!

Let's make BTT the one and only forum
    Hey Desmond, glad you liked the idea about voting on posts. The thumbs up and down would work best so that if a post had e.g -20 score then the post is grayed out or perhaps deleted completely, otherwise it just becomes an ass licking contest based on popularity, it has to have real value behind it.

The main benefit is to cleanse the thread of all ridiculous, unhelpful & nasty posts. Each user just gets one vote per post, so nobody could spam a comment into obscurity purposely.