+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

IM, I didn't know that this comment could be interpretated as "inappropriate" or offensive. I wasn't pointing at BTT (or AHLA)'s recommended doctors, but at the overall situation in the US, which is in fact quite similar to everywhere else's. That is to say a majority of HT doctors still practicing obsolete techniques, dating back from the pre-follicular transplantation era, OR practicing follicular transplantation with poor settings. I don't think any BTT doctor matches this description.

I used that assessment to explain why believing that every HT doctor will soon adapt to FUE-L or another similar technique is just... not matching the reality of this industry.
    You can see these new techniques as an enhancement of the previous FUE standard. Mastery of this previous standard would be very helpful for quick learning & adjustment; while starting the learning from scratch (i.e. no previous experience with hair transplantation) would require a longer period of time prior to operating with autonomy & efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    did Mousseigne operate Nicolas Bedos with his technique? because he for sure, did something in 2012 and got a huge improvement in his hair situation...
    I can't answer your question about N. Bedos without violating medical secrecy.

However, F. Pagny is Dr Mousseigne's patient, and he has freely communicated about his HT in the medias. His results were achieved with the traditional FUE technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post

I must emphasize the fact that the FUE-L protocol is different from Dr Gho's. Indeed, we use our own instruments and medium storage, which make the FUE-L procedure stand on its own. I will appreciate when you eventually differentiate the two techniques, although they may both aim at the same goals. I suppose that this distinction will naturally occur as we share more documentation and results, so I understand why many members still need to refer to Dr Gho.
    Could you please be a little bit more specific about the "goals" you mentioned?

What exactly is the goal of the FUE-L technique?

Arashi, thanks, I appreciate your support.

What you call "conservative" is actually just relying on basic scientific principles. I suppose this should be the norm when it comes to medical matters.

As all of you, I hope and long for an efficient treatment. And I would rather avoid any self-deluding approach. If the FUE-L technique provides steady regrowth both in the donor & in the recipient areas, then, I'll be over the moon with this fact. For the time being, I can only assert and prove that steady donor regeneration is achieved. This is a first important step, but it will take another whole meaning if, after transplantation, the recipient regrowth is up to our expectations. All of this is in the process of being thoroughly documented, and I can tell you that I've got some reasons to be "optimistic" already.
    It's such a relief to hear that someone who actually makes sense is booking result in the donor regeneration field, without posting fake photoshop pictures, stolen pictures from other doctors and what not. And regarding the pricing, I can surely understand it must be extremely frustrating if you can't pay for such treatment, but if you can beat Gho's results, I for one would be happy to cough up 17k. To me it's all about results. And to the people complaining I'd say: think about the bigger picture. More doctors researching and succeeding at this will ALWAYS mean lower pricing in the future.

All the best to you !

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Could you please be a little bit more specific about the "goals" you mentioned?

What exactly is the goal of the FUE-L technique?
    Obviously he means transplanting hairs while also increasing the amount of hair on your scalp. But you get that too so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here ?

IM, sure.
    The main goal of these new techniques is to achieve (1) steady donor regeneration after FU's sane harvesting, and (2) steady regrowth in the recipient area after FU's transplantation. In other words, it aims at multiplying the donor potential as much as each patients' physiology allows it.
    I wouldn't talk about "unlimited donor" yet, because, as you already know, it seems that Dr Gho's HST causes progressive thinning of the FU's after multiple harvestings (on top of the 15-20% FU's loss). This is why I did communicate both total FU's count & hairs' count; depending on how one proceeds, one could say that the former regenerated at a 86,5% rate, while the latter regenerated at "only" a 75,5% rate. I think the hairs' count gives a more accurate picture of the amount of regeneration achieved... even though the FU's count sounds more flattering!

Arashi, it's nice to know that a patient can be operated by another leading doctor and still behave like you do. The sectarian's/soccer supporter's attitude can really distract from the actual medical perspectives. That's unfortunately an inherent part of the forums. But they also make it possible to exchange with civilized, genuine people, which is always nice & rewarding. So I may stick around a little longer

Mathieu

I'm saying this for the majority of the forum here, please do not leave this forum because of a few of the members who tend to act childish. There are many of us who like to see and discuss the scientific information that you post here, like adults should.

Winston, I suggest you begin to ban members here who don't have these intentions, because we do not want to lose members like Mathieu that are our biggest contributors by their childish actions.

IM, maybe unlimited (or nearly so) donor could be achieved thanks to the application or the injection of extra-cellular matrix (e.g. acell), growth factors, and other stimulating compounds straight on/into the donor area after the FU's extraction was performed. On top of my head, I remember Dr Cole and Dr Nigam alluding to such additional steps. What do you think about it?

Arrow

IM, I didn't know that this comment could be interpretated as "inappropriate" or offensive. I wasn't pointing at BTT (or AHLA)'s recommended doctors, but at the overall situation in the US, which is in fact quite similar to everywhere else's. That is to say a majority of HT doctors still practicing obsolete techniques, dating back from the pre-follicular transplantation era, OR practicing follicular transplantation with poor settings. I don't think any BTT doctor matches this description.
    As a representative of a hair transplant clinic you are held to a higher standard than the average BTT user. Whether or not your comments were referring to "BTT" doctors is not the point, these type of comments are considered incendiary and possibly defamatory and will not be hosted on this forum. This is why they were deemed to be inappropriate.

Good some progress.
    Thnak you Mathieu. More options. Now I'll wait patiently to see if Histogen, Aderans or Replicel manage to do something. Then maybe we can combine multiple routes. Who knows...