+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    yes that's a shame, what could we do to avoid that, we should make it more public... Gho and Mousseigne and stem cells transplantation in general!!!

Facebook? Twitter?
    I dont think theres much we can do about it - but when traditional HT surgeons start to see their patient numbers declining as people refuse to have permanent hair loss in donor regions they will be forced to adjust their offering or go out of business. Similarly the more surgeons who can offer donor regeneration the lower the price will be for consumers.

Default FUE-L scarring

Mathieu

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to come onto the forum and informing us about Dr. Mousseigne's very exciting work.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on the degree of scarring resulting from this procedure. Would you consider if to be the same as that resulting from a procedure with Dr. Gho's clinics - no visual scarring but micro scarring of some degree?

Thank you in advance for your response.

This is an awesome development ! Solely the fact that you are based in France and not in some 3rd world country gives me a lot of hope that you're not pulling a "Nigam". Also the fact that you're conservative yet about your (recipient) results and not yet promise us the skies without any evidence, gives me even more hope that you're onto something. Donor regeneration should replace FUE as the golden treatment method asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    This is an awesome development ! Solely the fact that you are based in France and not in some 3rd world country gives me a lot of hope that you're not pulling a "Nigam". Also the fact that you're conservative yet about your (recipient) results and not yet promise us the skies without any evidence, gives me even more hope that you're onto something. Donor regeneration should replace FUE as the golden treatment method asap.
    Totally agree Arashi. We need more and more doctors to see that regeneration really is possible and to start learning to do it themselves. We need them to see that we as patients will no longer stand for the crappy that is currently offered as the gold standard for hair transplants - we need regenetative procedures to be the standard! It's 2013 and this should be the start of a long awaited evolution in the hair restoration industry.

Mathieu - are you going to address the pricing issue? Even if this regeneration works, it will be out of the hands of 90% of us. No one is going to choose a 10$/graft transplant over Gho (which is too expensive as it is). If we get right down to it, even FUE in the US is way overpriced. FUT is a more attainable goal price wise, but not a good option for most of us. It really is ridiculous.

yes, regeneration should be the standard in 2013 and hair multiplication the final ultimate holy grail in 2015.

am just wondering if we will be OK for hair multiplication if we were HSTransplanted one or many times before?

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    Mathieu - are you going to address the pricing issue? Even if this regeneration works, it will be out of the hands of 90% of us. No one is going to choose a 10$/graft transplant over Gho (which is too expensive as it is). If we get right down to it, even FUE in the US is way overpriced. FUT is a more attainable goal price wise, but not a good option for most of us. It really is ridiculous.
    +1
    Also, who would be the ideal candidate for the free test in terms of Norwood level and age?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yes exactly, and if you can recall, that took a hell of a long time when Dr Woods came up with his technique.

Its a shame because the majority of customers out there are ACTUALLY still getting hair transplants after seeing an advertisement online (i.e no research/no forums etc).

Crazy!
    UK_, please take into consideration that each country has different laws and culture, which implies for instance that active medical advertising is (theoretically) forbidden in France; while, in the US, you may come across Bosley ads when you turn on your TV.
    In France, 95% of HT doctors are still performing obsolete techniques, like micro-mini grafting with strip harvesting or very large punches. They usually charge a fixed cost of about 3-5K€ for a 600-1200 grafts procedures (1200 being their top limitation due to technical & logistic shortcomings). Their business might have declined a little thanks to the internet, but far from enough to close down their practice; I'm actually inclined to believe that some of these doctors earn BIGGER salaries than the ones often discussed here for their brilliant skills.
    So how does the majority of french patients find about their doctor? Well, through the recommendation of another doctor, i.e. their regular M.D. or their dermatologist. The doctor being an authoritative figure in our society, most people just listen religiously to his words and then act accordingly.
    When average prospective patients use the internet for research, a good percentage of them falls indeed for the first links brought back by Google. Blame it on a mix of naivety and intellectual laziness. Unfortunately, many bad docs have invested their money in Google ranking improvement, or simply already had a website up & running 10 years ago (which naturally won the best visibility & ranking over time). These are the same who are invited on TV as "HT experts", because of their natural exposure, or active lobbying within the medical & mundane spheres.
    As a consequence, and with the help of most patients' flawed mindset (i.e. naivety & intellectual laziness), these docs' misinformation still rules the market.
    Based on personal observations, the same status is valid on other european markets.

So how to change this situation in the best interest of most patients? First, you have to accept that not everybody will be "saved", because some patients will always go to the wrong doctors, and then it is important to have an examplary physician ( as much technically as ethically) to communicate in the mainstream medias, and to use them in a clever way. In other words, we need a "positive" Bosley type of structure, with appropriate funds to perform mass marketing so the perceived norm about HT is impacted in a positive way. Sounds ambitious? Sure. But you're talking to a determined guy For instance, I know for a fact that Dr Mousseigne can & will benefit from mainstream medias' exposure (TV, papernews, etc.) because he did operate journalists, media CEO's, TV hosts, actors, directors, etc. So he has the means to reach a national audience, and thus to reach patients' brain before it gets soiled with bad docs' misinformation. In fact, Dr Mousseigne has also worked on a few Hollywood actors, british journalists, and so on. Trust me, this is an aspect not to be neglected when you want to get the word out about a new revolutionary technique.
    All in all, this is why I decided to instigate this medical project with Dr Mousseigne: he's got the technical experience and skills, and he also has an access to greater means of communication. You may be surprised to learn that some very respected HT doctors on BTT and other forums... do only exist through these medias. They exclusively rely on them to fill up their schedule. All of their patients are forum users (mostly ghost readers). It's an efficient business plan only if you are not wanting to expand too much, i.e. you're an isolated doctor running one practice. I personally know very well most of the belgian FUE doctors and how their clinics are run... and NONE can compete with Dr Mousseigne's greater communication potential.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    American doctors will keep denying it's possible for as long as they can so they can continue making money giving people 32cm scar lines from ear to ear and minimal coverage....they will do this until the general population is smart enough to do their research and fly overseas to Gho or Mousseigne
    yes that's a shame, what could we do to avoid that, we should make it more public... Gho and Mousseigne and stem cells transplantation in general!!!
    Facebook? Twitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I dont think theres much we can do about it - but when traditional HT surgeons start to see their patient numbers declining as people refuse to have permanent hair loss in donor regions they will be forced to adjust their offering or go out of business. Similarly the more surgeons who can offer donor regeneration the lower the price will be for consumers.
    Guys, please check my answer above.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Mathieu

Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to come onto the forum and informing us about Dr. Mousseigne's very exciting work.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on the degree of scarring resulting from this procedure. Would you consider if to be the same as that resulting from a procedure with Dr. Gho's clinics - no visual scarring but micro scarring of some degree?

Thank you in advance for your response.
    UK Boy, thanks for your kind words, very much appreciated.

Based on our first observations, the FUE-L technique leaves no visible scarring in the donor area. Please keep in mind that the whole healing process of the tissues is completed after +/- 6 months, so hypopigmentation ("white dots") could only be assessed after this amount of time. Many traditional FUE clinics use 1-2-3-4-5 months post-op pictures to supposedly demonstrate the lack of visible scarring where the Follicular Units were harvested; it's in fact a deceptive advertising trick, because these same displayed donors could really show visible scarring once the healing process is completed.
    So I'll stick to my cautious approach, which consists in saying "for now" we have observed no visible scarring after FUE-L extractions, although it will require further follow-ups to become a definitive assessment.

I must emphasize the fact that the FUE-L protocol is different from Dr Gho's. Indeed, we use our own instruments and medium storage, which make the FUE-L procedure stand on its own. I will appreciate when you eventually differentiate the two techniques, although they may both aim at the same goals. I suppose that this distinction will naturally occur as we share more documentation and results, so I understand why many members still need to refer to Dr Gho.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Arashi, thanks, I appreciate your support.

What you call "conservative" is actually just relying on basic scientific principles. I suppose this should be the norm when it comes to medical matters.

As all of you, I hope and long for an efficient treatment. And I would rather avoid any self-deluding approach. If the FUE-L technique provides steady regrowth both in the donor & in the recipient areas, then, I'll be over the moon with this fact. For the time being, I can only assert and prove that steady donor regeneration is achieved. This is a first important step, but it will take another whole meaning if, after transplantation, the recipient regrowth is up to our expectations. All of this is in the process of being thoroughly documented, and I can tell you that I've got some reasons to be "optimistic" already.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    youngin, yes, I will address the pricing issue in the other thread. I wish this one could stay on track and discuss medical aspects of the FUE-L technique, based on the documents I openly shared with you.

yes, regeneration should be the standard in 2013 and hair multiplication the final ultimate holy grail in 2015.

am just wondering if we will be OK for hair multiplication if we were HSTransplanted one or many times before?
    caddarik79, with all due respect, if you want to question your HST personal experience and its potential consequences, I think you have a dedicated forum for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    +1
    Also, who would be the ideal candidate for the free test in terms of Norwood level and age?

Thanks
    Breaking Bald, the optimal characteristics would be the following:
    - straight hair
    - high contrast between hair & skin colour
    - average or above-average hair caliber
    - young age (> 35) for ideal skin's penetrability & subsequent healing
    - from Norwood 1 to Norwood 7, as long as test areas can be clearly determined and analyzed

Asians (Japanese, Koreans, but also other nationalities & ethnies) could be labelled as the perfect patients for this procedure.
    Last edited by Winston; 05-02-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Inappropriate commentary removed.

did Mousseigne operate Nicolas Bedos with his technique? because he for sure, did something in 2012 and got a huge improvement in his hair situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post

Last edited by Winston; Today at 12:45 PM. Reason: Inappropriate commentary removed.
    [False and misleading commentary removed]
    Last edited by Winston; 05-02-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: False and misleading commentary removed.