+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thanks for clarifying Mathieu - I totally understand the desire to be cautious, and I respect it. I really hope your procedure continues to work as you state, it would be a huge breakthrough for all of us. Please continue to work on the showcases, as your method of identifying the regrowth of individual hairs is what separates this procedure from others (that may or may not just split follicles without actually creating more coverage). Good luck with your recent surgery! If FUEL grafts grow in scar tissue, that would be a huge testament to the viability and durability of the whole process. Looking forward to more details, more showcases and hopefully commercialization in the (hopefully) near future.

I've got a really good feeling about Dr Mousseigne.

Can you tell me if this is Invivo or Invitro method?

Do you have any data as yet to conclude whether re-harvesting previously harvested grafts is possible?

All the best.

Oh and your documentation is probably the best I have ever seen, as others have said, Dr Nigam should present his cases exactly like so.

I don't know how to feel. Mathieu's statements are exciting, but as he's stated - they haven't been fully documented/proven yet. I just hope Dr. Mousseigne/Mathieu can continue to work fast so that we can get more information on the details of the procedure (i.e. why does this method work when so many other methods don't?), more test subjects and commercialization.

I also hope his earlier prediction of months, not years, before this information will be made available holds true, and progress doesn't slow down/disappear like usual.

One interesting thing about this technique (as we understand it so far) is that repeated extractions of the same follicle - while ideal - probably wouldn't even be necessary to transform a NW6 to a NW2. We've seen 60% of a donor area harvested successfully. If 60% of an ENTIRE donor area was harvested successfully, that would easily be enough to cover the top of a NW6 at original density - and the total donor area would only deplete by 15% (60% harvested x 25% of hairs that don't grow back).

As always, fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don't know how to feel. Mathieu's statements are exciting, but as he's stated - they haven't been fully documented/proven yet. I just hope Dr. Mousseigne/Mathieu can continue to work fast so that we can get more information on the details of the procedure (i.e. why does this method work when so many other methods don't?), more test subjects and commercialization.

I also hope his earlier prediction of months, not years, before this information will be made available holds true, and progress doesn't slow down/disappear like usual.

One interesting thing about this technique (as we understand it so far) is that repeated extractions of the same follicle - while ideal - probably wouldn't even be necessary to transform a NW6 to a NW2. We've seen 60% of a donor area harvested successfully. If 60% of an ENTIRE donor area was harvested successfully, that would easily be enough to cover the top of a NW6 at original density - and the total donor area would only deplete by 15% (60% harvested x 25% of hairs that don't grow back).

As always, fingers crossed...
    That's true, but you would have to do the whole procedure in one sitting, because if you come back for a second transplant then you won't know what was extracted last time. I might be wrong, but you don't hear often about people having more than say e.g 5000 fue in a day.

Not necessarily. You could divide all of your treatments into quadrants. First transplant you extract 60% of follicles from the far left, next transplant you extract 60% of follicles from the mid left, etc. 4-5 transplants later you've achieved the same result as one massive transplant. Matthieu suggested that each session is limited to 1500, but I think they could get around that with innovation. Doesn't make sense to use a treatment like this in small increments if you're significantly bald and it works as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Not necessarily. You could divide all of your treatments into quadrants. First transplant you extract 60% of follicles from the far left, next transplant you extract 60% of follicles from the mid left, etc. 4-5 transplants later you've achieved the same result as one massive transplant. Matthieu suggested that each session is limited to 1500, but I think they could get around that with innovation. Doesn't make sense to use a treatment like this in small increments if you're significantly bald and it works as expected.
    True or even better to do consecutive days.

Regardless of how you do it, being able to re-extract a follicle would be comforting. Especially when today you may only need e.g 3000 grafts, but as your hairloss advances you may need another 3000-5000.

No doubt - re-extraction would be quite preferable. It's just nice to know that even an imperfect version of this procedure could get potentially paradigm-shifting results. Let's just hope the basics (extraction, regrowth, full recipient growth) continue to work as expected and we get more info/pics soon.

How close are we to knowing this is a success and therefore be available to the mainstream. Surely this technique would be used by all hair surgeons in the future.

As a very bald guy with limited donor this is the kind of advancement for Hair Transplants that I am after.

Probably take quite a few years for other doctors to adopt these techniques ... seeing how the strip technique is still being used by most doctors in the west.

Any updates on this ?