+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Good luck, Mathieu. I hope the limitations aren't too significant (i.e. a lack of sufficient recipient growth). This latest post doesn't sound as positive as your earlier ones, but I wish you and Dr. Mousseigne the best. Please continue to keep us updated on the new cases.
    Me too, hope it doesnt induce permanent limp dick.

Hi,

my last post seems to have confused a few forum members. In reality, it should have been understood as a cautious statement, and not as a negative assessment of the FUEL's current achievements.

At this point in time, I have seen several cases with very high regenerative rates in the donor area, and viable grafts (harvested from these -then- regenerated donors) transplanted safely into recipient areas. Older test patients do report regular regrowth in the recipient too. Therefore I can't see a reason to be pessimistic. Just allow me to be cautious, because ongoing tests are precisely meant to explore the technique's limitations. Or maybe you want me to make big claims without undisputable proof to back it up, capitalize on your hope for a "cure", and take over the board with the help of a few clueless members? ... well ... if you don't mind, I'd rather avoid that approach!

In the beginning, I just intended to get the word out about that new technique, and I wasn't planning to contribute frequently to the forum. If everything goes well, you should hear more about it soon enough, and not necessarily through my personal posts.

By the way, I'll be undergoing a test in just a few hours from now; a small amount of grafts into my strip scar. Soon I'll do a larger procedure for the hairline (despite the positive results I've seen, I still feel a bit shy about using my poor donor after 2 failed HT's - stripx1, mix FUE-FUT-BHTx1 ... you'll excuse me for being irrational on this one ).

Good luck! and remember to take lots of photos

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Me too, hope it doesnt induce permanent limp dick.
    Rest assured: no such side effect will be induced!

In fact, the only downside I can see for now is that one will need to prevent further hairloss if he doesn't want to undergo repeated FUEL procedures. The problematic remains the same as with former hair transplantation techniques, BUT with a regenerated donor. An adjuvant treatment which could block MPB progression would make a great combo; some guys will rely on finasteride and minoxidil; for the others, I wish Histogen and the likes to be released asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Good luck! and remember to take lots of photos
    Thanks Kiwi.

So far, the main problem we have faced in our effort at documenting the whole protocol has been... taking good shots of the recipient area. It hasn't been about the quality of the shots per se, but about the type of test patients we've had. Everyone of them suffers from diffused thinning, and therefore we had no strictly bare perimeters to work on. You can talk about a bad casting...
    Given the time and involvement it takes on both sides (doc/patient), we can't have too many test patients. Ideally, a Norwood grade with slick bald spots, agreeing to be grafted on this particular area, should undergo the test and do the follow-ups. It sounds easy to achieve, but in reality, it is not. For instance, I'll have the test done tomorrow in scar tissue, but these are not regular/optimal conditions for evaluation, because the final yield in the recipient will depend on the same variables as the ones already observed when classic FUE grafts are implanted into fibrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I hope it is a limiting factor. I wouldnt trust somebody to operate on me if they hadnt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Mathieu.

I definitely understand your interest in locating an American doctor who performs manual FUE surgeries, but I hope you will not necessarily make that preference a limiting factor.

Many doctors use automated systems to lower the costs of their procedures, but might be willing to return to manual systems if donor regeneration can be proved (which your initial study has done). For example, Dr. Cole has done a lot of work with ECM materials and donor regeneration, and would almost undoubtedly be willing (and able) to implement a manual technique if it advanced the goals of his patients.

Please let us know if there is any way American forum members can help you move things forward. Again, good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I think Cole would be a great doctor here in America..he's open minded to advancing techniques.

Mathieu, where are you brother?
    Guys,

I'm sure you will understand if some things are meant to be discussed and planned out of the forum. Commercial strategies and so on have no reason to be displayed publicly here. But don't you worry: North-Americans won't be left apart, and local solutions will be offered to them.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    When can we expect to see these 3 different showcases?

I'm very anxious to take a look at these.
    Hi FTL,

I read elsewhere that you'll have a procedure with Dr Gho... I wish you all the best!

I should focus again on the showcases' analysis. I didn't manage to do it properly these past 10 days, my bad. I do have all the pictures though!
    The thing is: donor regeneration can be attested even by naked eye, i.e. gapless donor after approx. 10 days ; although exact numbers shall be analyzed, hair groupings look just as they did before being entirely harvested with the new technique. Which is not happening after a FUE procedure involving an equivalent amount of graft harvested from an equivalent donor surface.

is it going to beat Gho 80-85% (even if discussed) ?

A combo or an HST 3.0 with more hairs from one would be nice.

Dr. Nigam should take note, this is exactly how you document donor regeneration.

agree