+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^^strong nw2

3rd month into fin, and the shedding has stopped! no hair when shampooing. Huzzah!

No sex sides to speak of either, apart from sometimes a less than solid erection, but that happened occasionally before i took the drug anyway.

just started the gym, weights and stuff. anyone know anything about fin and muscle building, does it affect it?

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    3rd month into fin, and the shedding has stopped! no hair when shampooing. Huzzah!

No sex sides to speak of either, apart from sometimes a less than solid erection, but that happened occasionally before i took the drug anyway.
    This worried me as well, especially because I had one bad experience. Then I realized it was because I was fatigued and had been drinking. Have been performing great otherwise.

Let me suggest good sleep, nutrition, and CARDIO (ughh even though I hate cardio).

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    just started the gym, weights and stuff. anyone know anything about fin and muscle building, does it affect it?
    You can find all sorts anecdotes on the topic if you look for them, but I'm in the best shape of my life and almost 9 months on fin -- stronger, leaner, more ambitious.

I actually have a thread on the topic due for an update.

I say don't stress it and just keep bettering yourself everyday.

encouraging words big thinker! glad to hear alls going good!

Hi there, Stimpy here.
    I posted just over a year ago, when I trepidatious about going on fin and seeking advice.
    Well here is an update with pics (if you go to the first page of this thread, you will see the pics posted 2 - 3 months before starting fin.)
    ... its been 12 months- though i did miss a month- and im kind of dubious about how effective the fin has been. Shedding shedding, stopped shedding, have been shedding for a week here and there from the 6 month mark, hard shed on the 10th month- i'm not sure how drastic its been, but i'm always running my fingers through my hair and counting, so maybe im being over-anxious.
    Some slumps in sex drive, but nothing major- in fact its been making me last a lot longer! Although at times its been very difficult to come, but if you don't let on that you're having a few issues, they'll think you've got super human stamina!
    The diffuse thinning at the front is concerning me, you may not be able to see it too clearly, but the 2-3 inches from my hairline and back have taken a hit.

Can any of you guys tell me what you think of the results? I fear that i am rocking something of a NW3 now, whereas i was a strong NW2 before starting...
    My crown seems about the same, but i was never really thinning there in the first place.
    REGROWTH! Will i grow back some this hair ive lost on the front? I know its hard to say, but has anyone had luck say.. after the 18 month mark?

My eyes do have a knack of deceiving me for i am an o so anxious type- or at least have been since my hair started ditching me for the plughole.

LT56 here from Canada. Um, dude, what are you worried about? Your hair is full-full-full. Stay on the finasteride if you want, but your hair is awesome. I think that by the time you have any hair problem, something (drug or treatment) will be out by then anyways. Go enjoy your life, brother. Put a smile on that face, you have nothing to worry about.

Hair is awesome, still a NW2.

My suggestion is to get a new haircut though. Go much shorter with the sides. I, like you, dont have temple points that come in much and find that the greater the contrast between the sides and top of my hair, the better it loooks. Try it man! Ask your barber for atleast a 2'' on the sides and back next cut

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the haircut advice, Dan. I think that's actually a good idea. I've never really ventured to anything new in the cut department, but i think it's time for something new. I shall post some pics when i get it done.

I am a bit peeved with my front hair though, the pics dont show it with any detail, but the first inch is very sparse, i mean you can actually count them, and it is pretty shi**y a few cms further back, too. Has anyone here experienced regrowth from shed hair?

Hey dude! I remember seeing your thread when I first joined this. Just wanted to let you know you're killing it! Hair's looking boss!! Keep it up with whatever you're doing!

Stimpy, your hairline is not receded and there is absolutely nothing in those pictures to be concerned about. Perhaps you are experiencing the first feelings of fear of hair loss after not ever having thought about it before (as most people do not when they are younger).

Before you start any medication, you should look at all of the threads where people say that fin either didn't help or actually made it worse (think about that, having a full head of hair and then actually causing hair loss because you were concerned about something that wasn't even happening). It is my very strong opinion that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Please do not get stuck in the wormhole of examining it all the time and convincing yourself that something is wrong. Get off these forums and get out in the world and enjoy your thick, full head of hair. Perhaps the day will come since you are a human adult male that you will experience some hair loss; you'll know for sure when it really is happening and you can worry about treatments then.