+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 23 year old, very worried im receding (PICS)

Hi all!

Ok, so i'm 23 and Ii'm sure i'm shedding. Started noticing hairs on my pillow- 5-10 in the morning, this has stopped pretty much, but i still find about 20 hairs in the bathtub. (dunno how much of this is my hairy chest and legs tho!)

I just FEEL that my corners have receded, and perhaps my temples. Ive always had a high hairline and curly thick hair (like my grandfather). My dad is BALD, and went bald in his early thirties.

Now, here is a pic of my hair 3 years ago. At the time this was taken, the thought of balding hadn't occured to me, as my hair is really quite thick, with no crown thinning.

here is my hair now (same angle)

and the rest

What do you guys think. I was considering fin, but the side effects sound scary as hell.

thanks

I don't see any receding, dude. By the time you have a problem, Histogen will be out. It's topical and more powerful than fin. Start saving $2K (the projected cost of the treatment) as a hair fund now.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by HT? Yeah, i thought it was receding, you can just feel the baldy bit on your head 'expanding', but do you see much of a difference between the pic 3 years ago and now? I might be in denial but it looks minimal to say the most.

In regards to meds, can i ask, are you on them? what is your experience and, being a senior member on this forum, what can you tell me about how common propecia side effects are ? It would perhaps be a good idea to take Fin at least until a new treatment becomes available i guess. But at the expense of getting a hard-on ? ... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Definitely receding. It's not bad at all, in fact a lot like my hair. But if you have it in your family then you can be pretty certain it's MPB. Go see a doc, get a blood test, and if you're willing get on some meds.

Prevention is key. The meds we have now only PREVENT further loss. Stopping it early will mean you won't need to worry about a HT later on.
    This.

Your hair isn't far off from mine either. I wish everyday I had started finasteride 6 months before I did. I delayed for the same reason you mentioned -- fear of sides. None to speak of now that I'm actually on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by HT? Yeah, i thought it was receding, you can just feel the baldy bit on your head 'expanding', but do you see much of a difference between the pic 3 years ago and now? I might be in denial but it looks minimal to say the most.

In regards to meds, can i ask, are you on them? what is your experience and, being a senior member on this forum, what can you tell me about how common propecia side effects are ? It would perhaps be a good idea to take Fin at least until a new treatment becomes available i guess. But at the expense of getting a hard-on ? ... hmmm
    HT = Hair Transplant. You're not in a position to get one yet, but later down the road (after you've stabilized your hair loss using treatments) you might consider one.

Side effects are rare -- read the literature. If you go looking for cases of people with sides, you'll surely find them. The interwebz is saturated with people who got sides, while all the people who didn't get sides are out living their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    This.

Your hair isn't far off from mine either. I wish everyday I had started finasteride 6 months before I did. I delayed for the same reason you mentioned -- fear of sides. None to speak of now that I'm actually on it.
    I wish I had started on fin back in 1986 when I was 20. I had a full head of thick hair. Fin didnt exist until 97 I believe.

You dont need a hair transplant dude. Your hair looks like mine did when I was 24 or 25. Yes you are receding but very slowly. Go to your doctor and ask about finasteride. He will tell you the risks of side effects.

Like big think says, they are rare but worth asking the doc about. If you get on the fin 96% chance you will have no noticeable or long lasting sides. You will stop most of your hairloss in its tracks.

I have been told that dut will halt it all in its tracks but its a much stronger med and thus the sides are more drastic.

Your hair is fine
    But if you're worried take Fin, and don't worry about the sides, they are very rare

Hi all!

Ok, so i'm 23 and Ii'm sure i'm shedding. Started noticing hairs on my pillow- 5-10 in the morning, this has stopped pretty much, but i still find about 20 hairs in the bathtub. (dunno how much of this is my hairy chest and legs tho!)

I just FEEL that my corners have receded, and perhaps my temples. Ive always had a high hairline and curly thick hair (like my grandfather). My dad is BALD, and went bald in his early thirties.

What do you guys think. I was considering fin, but the side effects sound scary as hell.

thanks
    You are a good looking guy. Its not worth destroying your hormonal balance for hair, without which, you would still look descent.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    You are a good looking guy. Its not worth destroying your hormonal balance for hair, without which, you would still look descent.
    Can you show any evidence that it 'destroys' your hormone imbalance? thats a pretty drastic term.

96% of us dont get any noticeable side effects. Why is that if it 'destroys' your hormones?