+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah, I meant I don't see any change for the past three years for you, and I looked pretty carefully at the photos. Don't be too scared of taking finasteride, I've been on it fir fourteen years and believe me I still get horny as h around my GF. If you DO have a haitloss problem at all it looks to be very slow and finasteride should hold you easily until a cure cones. You're lucky; I keep saying we''re entering a golden age for hairloss; treatments are popping up all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Can you show any evidence that it 'destroys' your hormone imbalance? thats a pretty drastic term.

96% of us dont get any noticeable side effects. Why is that if it 'destroys' your hormones?
    According to http://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html

Genitourinary side effects have included impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%), and testicular pain. The manufacturer has reported that in controlled clinical trials, 1.2% of patients on finasteride tablets discontinued therapy because of a drug-related sexual adverse experience. Postmarketing reports have included sexual dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment, including erectile dysfunction, libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders; male infertility and/or poor seminal quality (normalization or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride); and testicular pain.

Endocrine side effects have included reductions in prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels of approximately 50%.

Cardiovascular side effects including postural hypotension (9.1%) and hypotension (1.2%) have been reported.

Inactive

Maybe you could transplant some of that THICK, SOLID, TIGHT chest hair?

But, seriously brah; yes, you are receding. You still have a great head of hair, however. If I were you, I would get on fin after doing some research and making sure you want to commit.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post

Genitourinary side effects have included impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%), and testicular pain. The manufacturer has reported that in controlled clinical trials, 1.2% of patients on finasteride tablets discontinued therapy because of a drug-related sexual adverse experience. Postmarketing reports have included sexual dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment, including erectile dysfunction, libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorders; male infertility and/or poor seminal quality (normalization or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride); and testicular pain.

Endocrine side effects have included reductions in prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels of approximately 50%.

Cardiovascular side effects including postural hypotension (9.1%) and hypotension (1.2%) have been reported.

True shit.

At the very least start using Rogaine foam on your crown and hairline, that should prevent any further loss without side effects.

And you're a good looking bloke, with minimal hairloss, don't take Fin until it's a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post

Lol. this = 'detroying' your hormones? You know the 'side effects' listed there are also listed on an asprin bottle too right?

Look at any medication. Even simple ones like aspirin and there be a whole litany of potential side effects with fancy names . The ones you have listed there with any percentage over 8% are benign side effects with fancy names.

lol .........'reduction in prostate antigen '.............wow. Of course the guy taking the fin wont notice any of these 'side effects' but hey, might as well make it all sound as melodramatic as possible.

Now, I have no fight with any guy who had a bad experience with the stuff. Nor am I knocking your stats. But you are not being honest when posting about the stuff.

Now go look at what you told the guy. You told him taking the stuff would 100% guaranteed 'DESTROY' is hormones. Its a far cry from the flimsy stats you just put up.

Default update

so, about 5 months after my initial post, i got on fin, been on it for 3 months now. and well.... i think my temples have got worse, i began shedding like a damn dog, then it slowed a lot, then it started, then it died down, now its not so bad, but still droppin- though that probably because i'm always messing with it, i mean constantly. damn wind. my front is definetly thinner, i can almost count the strands at the hairline. less dense. will the dropped hair grow back. and most importantly, i am sure i've lost ground on my hairline, but maybe i'm paranoid. it feels like i may be well into a NW 3 with worse to come, no doubt. will the shedding and itching just **** off eventually? (my orig pics are on page one, heres the newer ones, light/nolight (no light is a couple of months ago before fin)

my bad, the light ones were posted just before i started fin

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    my bad, the light ones were posted just before i started fin
    Your hairline is definitely receding. It's good that you're being proactive about it. One thing you have to learn with hairloss, it's a waiting game. Just keep an eye on things and stick to your regimen. If you start getting sides from fin, I would advise you to stop taking it. The drug has screwed up people's lives. Wouldn't want to risk your manhood all for some hair? Regardless of the debated time table, there will be a cure ONE DAY for all of us.

Hopefully the cure comes sooner rather than later. If I have to wait much longer for a cure, fin would not cause my ED, old age will.

Thanks for responses. I have the feeling i've lost ground on the front/temple region since starting fin, but when i examine the pics it looks more or less the same as it did a few months ago as depicited in the light pictures. I'm getting some serious damn itching at the moment, which i thought i was well past. Before fin the tich was intolerable, fin stopped it after a week, and now its back again. any advice on how to treat this? i'm sure the scratching isn't doing me follicles any favours.

Could you guys hazard a guess as to what norwood i am?