+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If you take the advice to take your time to do something about hair loss, you'll be a NW3-4 before you know it and you will kick yourself in the head and would want to kick those who advised you to wait until you're 25 in the head.

MPB is like this...you could be NW1.2 now, and in 3 years you could be NW6, if you go untreated, i'm serious. So wait until you're 18, but no further.
    I can't agree more. Hairloss at this age proceeds very fast. You don't have much time. You can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yes, that's why there's now a foundation with a string of researchers trying to figure out why thousands of people have been permanently scarred by this drug.

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/

I dont know what the effects on your development will be when considering the fact that you are considering taking a drug commonly used by transsexuals who are trying to 'transition' to their desired sex. Perhaps you should use a little common sense and see your doctor, I beg wonder what his/her advice will be lol, of course, you should tell them also they're nothing but the 'fear mongering delusional anti-dutasteride' brigade.

Have a nice day.
    I think that you confused forums. You certainly wanted to go to http://www.propeciahelp.com/? to discuss all those thousands of fabulous side effects with your mentally deranged friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    It seems like you're one of those people that goes around hair loss forums fear mongering that FIN and DUT are terrible. PropeciaHelp has what, a few thousand users tops? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands that have 0 problem with the drug. I don't believe any of it, pal.
    When I visit Propeciahelp, I am getting gooseflesh. These people are clearly mentally ill, ranging from neurotic hypochondriacs to clinical psychotics.

At least, I laughed that their lawyer is bald like a cueball.

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    Doesn't it increase testosterone?
    Yes. Dutasteride actually increases libido in some men. It did this in me, too, and I was actually worried, because it could signal an elevated level of androgens.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I can't agree more. Hairloss at this age proceeds very fast. You don't have much time. You can't wait.
    Hair loss varies from person to person in terms of rate of loss. I went from NW2 - NW5 within 15 years. 15 years (not the 3 years as the ill informed are pointing out) of just holding it back with Rogaine which was fine and other topical solutions that were quite worthless. Baldness is a progression over time usually a good amount of years to observe and chart the regression. In short it isn't overnight for androgenic alopecia anyways.. it usually never is.. now you could have tellogen effluvium instead of AGA which would mean your hairline and your will not miniaturize over time and go dormant. And if that is the case your hairline can be salvaged without issue.

That means getting a scalp biopsy and getting your blood checked for DHT serum levels to see if AGA androgenic alopecia is the culprit here with your MPB

So you really don't know how much time you have. It is up to you but if something does happen side effects wise to you those guys telling you " do it" are going to say well you decided to listen to us so those side effects are on you bro.

Don't be back into a corner with fear mongering going the other way where someone tells you jump on this medication without doing the research. Look it up here there are posts of guys here who went straight to Dutasteride and after a few months started to grow breasts in the worst case scenario. I kid you not breasts. This is called gynecomastia.. look it up man.. and then they had to jump out estrogen blockers to reverse out the hormonal imbalance.

Starting on Finasteride after you have past puberty is the primer to see whether Dutasteride which is the stronger of the two is not going to f--- you up. If you develop sides from Finasteride at a low dosage then Dutasteride which shares a stronger chemical profile and operates the same way is going to make things way worse.

I look at it this way dude. I compare Finasteride and Dutasteride as two different sets of motorcycles. Now if you are new to riding a motorbike after getting lessons you need to use the old beat up used bike first. Because you will take the spills and fall off. Your body will need to see if it has the tolerance of the drug itself. That is Finasteride so your body becomes acclimated much like a new biker developing the reflexes.

Dutasteride in the analogy is like a Harley Davidson chopper brand new with all the decals and custom work that you graduate to later on. Riding a chopper takes reflexes and comfort of a experienced rider otherwise you are going to fall on the road and get seriously hurt on the roadways. Without knowing if your body is going to be able to handle it but knowing it is more powerful than Finasteride and therefore while it can give more gains it can knock you down with more side effects is at best a 50/50 crapshoot.

Dutasteride blocks out 90 plus percent of DHT but the side effects will hit harder if they hit you. Which means decrease in sperm and ejaculation infrequent to zero erections, loss of libido, man boobs and far worse if those side effects DO come down on you. And there is no going stronger from Dutasteride whereas from Finasteride you can go to Dutasteride if after a year plus it hasn't shown you any results. RU and CB are powdered pipe dream concoctions people group buy for a lot of cash and then have to mix the propyl glycol and the Everclear or the Vodka and used digital scales to measure and mix everything like the guy from Breaking Bad.

I said this:

you could be NW1.2 now, and in 3 years you could be NW6, if you go untreated
    The village idiot replies with this; basically agreeing with me:

Hair loss varies from person to person in terms of rate of loss.
    Then the clown says this:

I went from NW2 - NW5 within 15 years. 15 years (not the 3 years as the ill informed are pointing out) of just holding it back with Rogaine
    If you go untreated when you have MPB, in 3 years you can go up 2-3 norwoods, like YOU agreed: Hair loss varies from person to person. Your dumb self just said you used Rogaine. So you didn't go untreated.

Keywords you should look at in my post before making your monumentally idiotic essay, which I stopped reading after the first 2 sentences. Keyword: "Could", and key phrase: "If you go untreated".

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I said this:

The village idiot replies with this; basically agreeing with me:

Then the clown says this:

If you go untreated when you have MPB, in 3 years you can go up 2-3 norwoods, like YOU agreed: Hair loss varies from person to person. Your dumb self just said you used Rogaine. So you didn't go untreated.

Keywords you should look at in my post before making your monumentally idiotic essay, which I stopped reading after the first 2 sentences. Keyword: "Could", and key phrase: "If you go untreated".
    You are talking out of your ass Patiently and being pretty rude to boot. Point of fact are you a scientist or a doctor that you can even make such claims or statements as fact ?

No I didn't think so.

At least I have clinical and scientific documentation backing up my points to present informed opinions and plus my own experience to boot. No one I know becomes a NW6 in under three years.Androgenic alopecia has different rates in different people but I never have seen or heard of a case of MPB that ever worked that fast. I used Rogaine and that alone would have prevented the progression of baldness as it is just a hair booster.. hair would still gradually miniaturize under DHT and fall out regardless of just using Minox in a war of attrition which you would slowly lose anyway. But WE were talking about Dutasteride and Finasteride for someone STILL in puberty.

That was the main topic of discussion bright boy.

Paying attention so far ? Good.

To push him to doing so without researching the facts could do him a potential disservice and actually do his internal system harm and is borderline criminal. So what I suggested overall was for him to do his research and get himself checked out as opposed to listening to jerks like you that think that they have all the answers and add insult to injury to those who don't agree with them like the anonymous cowards that they are.

**** NO dude don't use it...it's not worth it

Thumbs down You are so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    You are talking out of your ass Patiently and being pretty rude to boot. Point of fact are you a scientist or a doctor that you can even make such claims or statements as fact ?

No I didn't think so.

At least I have clinical and scientific documentation backing up my points to present informed opinions and plus my own experience to boot. No one I know becomes a NW6 in under three years.Androgenic alopecia has different rates in different people but I never have seen or heard of a case of MPB that ever worked that fast. I used Rogaine and that alone would have prevented the progression of baldness as it is just a hair booster.. hair would still gradually miniaturize under DHT and fall out regardless of just using Minox in a war of attrition which you would slowly lose anyway. But WE were talking about Dutasteride and Finasteride for someone STILL in puberty.

That was the main topic of discussion bright boy.

Paying attention so far ? Good.

To push him to doing so without researching the facts could do him a potential disservice and actually do his internal system harm and is borderline criminal. So what I suggested overall was for him to do his research and get himself checked out as opposed to listening to jerks like you that think that they have all the answers and add insult to injury to those who don't agree with them like the anonymous cowards that they are.
    Rude?

Because of your petty, cowardly, constant shots at me, I lost ALL respect I had for you and from now on I will not respond to you with respect at all. Congratulations, in my 2 years on this site, you are the first member who I actually have a problem with. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Who the hell is talking about being a scientist or a doctor?

Propecia is for 18 year old+. I'm telling him to wait til he's 18.

I'm using my own experience as well other members from other sites who went through rapid hair loss and climbed the NW ladder in a couple of years.

You are a creepy weirdo with your online stalking. Get off my back, stop with the constant cowardly little posts. You are officially on my sh-t list.

Get a life you jackass... stop harassing me. I have better things to do with my life than stalk you. Nor have I stalked you so you are lying with that comment. I have responded to comments and verbal attacks you have not only instigated but continue to make and decided to reply in my own defense.

You make potshots and insults and people in the wee hours of the morning and then expect them to take your crap just because they have an opinion different than your own.

You aren't the only one to do this as Highlander and Warlord are also guilty of this shameful behavior.

I was advising the young gentleman to not only research the material but to wait past his teens when he will become 20 years old where it would be probably best for him to get his medication based on his age and puberty settling down.

I have no respect for people like you and the flagrant lack of respect you show others and yet demand for yourself with the level of immaturity you display.