+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    Doesn't it increase testosterone?
    Yes but it doesnt mean any of the side effects I raised will be avoided, your body releases more testosterone in response to depleting levels of DHT. DHT is several times the potency of testosterone and does the job of testosterone several times more effectively and efficiently.

http://www.propeciahelp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yes but it doesnt mean any of the side effects I raised will be avoided, your body releases more testosterone in response to depleting levels of DHT. DHT is several times the potency of testosterone and does the job of testosterone several times more effectively and efficiently.

http://www.propeciahelp.com/
    It seems like you're one of those people that goes around hair loss forums fear mongering that FIN and DUT are terrible. PropeciaHelp has what, a few thousand users tops? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands that have 0 problem with the drug. I don't believe any of it, pal.

Inactive

It seems like you're one of those people that goes around hair loss forums fear mongering that FIN and DUT are terrible. PropeciaHelp has what, a few thousand users tops? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands that have 0 problem with the drug. I don't believe any of it, pal.
    You're very level-headed for a 17 year old. Far too many newbies get dissuaded from treating their hair loss from people that go around fear-mongering. I'm confident that you're intelligent enough to make a sound decision. For what it's worth, I have used duta for over two months now with no issues. I'm 21, though.

Yes, that's why there's now a foundation with a string of researchers trying to figure out why thousands of people have been permanently scarred by this drug.

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/

I dont know what the effects on your development will be when considering the fact that you are considering taking a drug commonly used by transsexuals who are trying to 'transition' to their desired sex. Perhaps you should use a little common sense and see your doctor, I beg wonder what his/her advice will be lol, of course, you should tell them also they're nothing but the 'fear mongering delusional anti-dutasteride' brigade.

Have a nice day.

I think you should definitely consult your doctor before using DUT.
    He may not agree with your decision but as long as the doc knows, I think you are intelligent enough to do what you think is right.
    Good luck

Exclamation No way

Start using Rogaine now, use fin at 18. Leave Dutasteride for if fin+rogaine are not helping your mpb.

I think its amazing how these guys show up every day now to ask 365 different ways the same questions to open the same can of worms . And its always the same.

An excuse for the pinheads to come out of the closet and tell you your dicks going to fall off. I swear these guys are making up phony ID names just to have an excuse to keep whining about the 'evils' of hair loss meds.

If you are for real kid, you are a minor. This means ;

-Do NOT ingest or otherwise take any medication whatsoever for your perceived hairloss or non hair loss.

-Do not order any products, nor seek any surgeries nor take anyones advice online. Discuss your concerns with your parent/ guardian and with their permission only go to your doctor and ask their opinion.

Nobody under the age of 18 should be taking any medication at all. Not even Rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post

Nobody under the age of 18 should be taking any medication at all. Not even Rogaine.

If you damage your testicles and prostate or upset the balance of your internal hormone balance in flux as it is now in puberty without doing the proper research and looking on your own you may come to find that haste to jump on Finasteride and or Dutasteride might have been not worth it. I have my children already and if you ever intend on having kids someday when you are older I suggest you do the research and if waiting a year or so is the prudent option I suggest you not let desperation or fear of the situation let you rush to something you can not undo later on. Hair loss is slow, insidious and takes time over a period to be more damaging if you are just starting on male pattern baldness now then you have some time on your hands to be able to do your homework.

Don't start too late though. Just use Rogaine twice a day every day now, and then at 18 start Propecia [or Dut if you're hell bent on starting it over propecia].

If you take the advice to take your time to do something about hair loss, you'll be a NW3-4 before you know it and you will kick yourself in the head and would want to kick those who advised you to wait until you're 25 in the head.

MPB is like this...you could be NW1.2 now, and in 3 years you could be NW6, if you go untreated, i'm serious. So wait until you're 18, but no further.