Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddlez
    • Apr 2013

Dutasteride at 17. Should I do it?

Currently NW 1.5 at most. "Mature hairline" is beginning to come in but I don't like how it looks and recession is recession to me. Should I hop on 0.5mg DUT daily? I want to have a flawless hairline for the rest of my 20's. I'd order off 4rx and use it alongside a Keto shampoo.
  • cs2257
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tiddlez
    Currently NW 1.5 at most. "Mature hairline" is beginning to come in but I don't like how it looks and recession is recession to me. Should I hop on 0.5mg DUT daily? I want to have a flawless hairline for the rest of my 20's. I'd order off 4rx and use it alongside a Keto shampoo.
    DUT at 17? No.

You're still developing at 17 and tbh...I think a lot of teenagers have BDD and low self esteem at that age.

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Sure, if you want. Why not start with fin, though? Also, you're probably going to ***** yourself up hard taking these medications at 17, but that's up to you really.

Comment

• tiddlez
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
        Why not start with fin, though? .

Here's my logic: If you're going to destroy your DHT you might as well go all in. Clinical tests showed DUT absolutely destroyed FIN in regards to effectiveness. I want temple regrowth AT ALL COSTS.

Comment

• ChrisM
          • Jun 2012

You are still in the later phase of puberty and your hormonal chemistry in flux like that won't settle down until past the age of 19 roughly at 20 where it will start to subside somewhat. Dutasteride might more than likely do more harm than good as your body is still developing internally and externally.

Comment

• WarLord
            • May 2012

Originally posted by ChrisM
            You are still in the later phase of puberty and your hormonal chemistry in flux like that won't settle down until past the age of 19 roughly at 20 where it will start to subside somewhat. Dutasteride might more than likely do more harm than good as your body is still developing internally and externally.
            DHT has fulfilled its duties already, including the growth of facial hair (I suppose). Now it will be only messing up his body until the end of his life.

The fundamental question is, if he has MPB running in his family. If he has not, then he is only unnecessarily hysterical.

Comment

• tiddlez
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by WarLord
              DHT has fulfilled its duties already, including the growth of facial hair (I suppose)
              It actually just started a few months ago but it's pissing me off because with it has came acne for the first time in my life.

Originally posted by WarLord

The fundamental question is, if he has MPB running in his family.
              My 55 year old uncle (on my moms side) is like Norwood 6. My father has most of his hair at 40. I heard MPB comes from your mothers side so I don't know, I may be ****ed beyond belief.

Comment

• Aames
                Inactive
                • Nov 2012

I'm not going to give you advice one way or the other. While I use duta with only a NW1.2, you may be yet too young. I worry whether or not DHT has any role in the development of your prefrontal cortex, which is not completed at your age. You're probably fully developed downstairs; I just worry about your brain. On the other hand, this guy started at 17 with no issues after two years: http://www.****************/interact...read.php/48633

Good luck on whatever you decide, man. Just make sure you've weighed all the risks before you take the plunge.

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

You could but you might end up with shrunken penis, scrotum, prostate atrophy, gynocomastia, muscle wastage, feminisation & you may even impact your height development not to mention all the sexual side effects.

Comment

• tiddlez
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by UK_
                    You could but you might end up with shrunken penis, scrotum, prostate atrophy, gynocomastia, muscle wastage, feminisation & you may even impact your height development not to mention all the sexual side effects.
                    Doesn't it increase testosterone?

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Doesn't it increase testosterone?
                      Yes but it doesnt mean any of the side effects I raised will be avoided, your body releases more testosterone in response to depleting levels of DHT. DHT is several times the potency of testosterone and does the job of testosterone several times more effectively and efficiently.

Comment

• tiddlez
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by UK_
                        Yes but it doesnt mean any of the side effects I raised will be avoided, your body releases more testosterone in response to depleting levels of DHT. DHT is several times the potency of testosterone and does the job of testosterone several times more effectively and efficiently.

http://www.propeciahelp.com/
                        It seems like you're one of those people that goes around hair loss forums fear mongering that FIN and DUT are terrible. PropeciaHelp has what, a few thousand users tops? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands that have 0 problem with the drug. I don't believe any of it, pal.

Comment

• Aames
                          Inactive
                          • Nov 2012

It seems like you're one of those people that goes around hair loss forums fear mongering that FIN and DUT are terrible. PropeciaHelp has what, a few thousand users tops? Compare that to the hundreds of thousands that have 0 problem with the drug. I don't believe any of it, pal.
                          You're very level-headed for a 17 year old. Far too many newbies get dissuaded from treating their hair loss from people that go around fear-mongering. I'm confident that you're intelligent enough to make a sound decision. For what it's worth, I have used duta for over two months now with no issues. I'm 21, though.

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Yes, that's why there's now a foundation with a string of researchers trying to figure out why thousands of people have been permanently scarred by this drug.

I dont know what the effects on your development will be when considering the fact that you are considering taking a drug commonly used by transsexuals who are trying to 'transition' to their desired sex. Perhaps you should use a little common sense and see your doctor, I beg wonder what his/her advice will be lol, of course, you should tell them also they're nothing but the 'fear mongering delusional anti-dutasteride' brigade.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Shan
                              • Feb 2013

I think you should definitely consult your doctor before using DUT.
                              He may not agree with your decision but as long as the doc knows, I think you are intelligent enough to do what you think is right.
                              Good luck

Comment

Working...