+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well I suggested a #1 for that very same reason. A #1 would most likely blend your top hair with your side hairs and minimize the appearance of your thinning hair. Most likely just give you the look of a badly receded hairline, instead of receded hairline + horseshoe pattern.

BTW, if you're not going to get any lineup or anything like that, why not just shave your own head? I have not been to the barber shop since I was a teenager. There's no point in going because i'm not going to get anything fancy. Why pay $10 or what ever it is they charge now, for nothing, basically something you can do on your own? Just get your own hair clipper and do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMyself View Post
    Well I went to the barber and got the #2 all the way around. Should I have gotten the #1? What do you guys think? The hair on the sides is obviously darker than what's left on top.
    Yeah, you should just #1. But, I will say the #2 looks way better than what it was before. And kudos on taking necessary steps.

As someone said above, invest $70 in a pair of clippers and just cut it yourself every other day for a fresh, clean look.

Looks better, guy.

I'd have said leave it alone, grow your beard out to ten days' growth, and invest in a better wardrobe, but that's just my two cents. It all depends on who you are and what you want to convey to the world.

As others have said, #1 the sides and back, #2 the top. Do it yourself, buy a pair of clippers and a good mirror to see the back of your head. It looks better now than in the first photos.

If you wanna buzz it #1, i would advice to buzz the back and sides #.5 or 0. Since they will start growing way faster than the top specially if you used the same grade to buzz all your head.

I think you look good and suit the clipper cut. I would blend it from a 2 guard (6mm) to 1 guard (3 mm) a good barber can set the blade to blend between the lengths of both guards and get the classic tapered in cut .

All the best.

ejj

Thumbs up

I think you can pull off the shaved look for sure. You have an exceptionally strong chin and a good looking face. Keep it shaved down, move on with your life and stay as far away from hair loss forums as you can. You've won the battle!

Step in the right direction dude.

Short hair makes you look cleaner and more groomed. I'd say go a 1 on the sides if your doing a 2 on the top. The take home message is you've improved your appearance.

If you can get outside a little more for a tan and maybe leave a small amount of stubble.

Next step???? Build up your upper body size....increase protein intake and try some push ups every day or second day. I found this today (http://imgur.com/gallery/ETv7B)

Next...fashion. Just an idea I had was type in a bald celebrity you admire and paparazzi to see what they wear day to day... I googled Jason Statham paparazzi there and this was an image I got that I thought looked good.
    (http://igossip.com/heres-your-jason-statham-fix)
    Note I dont know had to add images so I used the linked site

Id go for a 0 on the back and sides blended into a 1 on top, this will minimize how much you can notice the "balding line". Shorter definately looks sharper.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll end up going for the completely bald look soon enough. The front of my hair is the thinnest part (in the area of the bangs) and since it's thinning I'll end up bald either way so why not?! It would feel good to not have to worry about what your hair looks like ever again.