+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fin side effects.. anyone have them? did they pass when stopping?

I was on finasteride for like 8 months fine then bam it attacked me with a vengeance.
    I dropped it for almost 2 weeks while on vaca and then everyhing seemed to go normally again so i figured maybe try again but took one dose (quarter pill) and it seemed all the sides hit back hard.

I think i have to stop period and hope things go back to normals normal.
    Anyone have any info on whether these sides will go away Ive heard of PFS (post fin syndrome) and honestly its got me pretty worried. Everything from shrinkage/tighting of the area to groin pain and ichty skin in the groin area.

Went and ran blood work monday but until the doc says anything I have to point the finger at the fin from what I read else where.

main question is has anyone here experienced this and did it pass? Thanks

My side effects slowly disappeared within a year of quitting FIN. Only the really troublesome sides took a while to go away and some partially still remain, like minor gyno (puffy nipples), fatigue, and excess belly fat.

I'm working on the weight thing as I have always been a gym rat and in great shape. Fin just caused weird excess fat around mid-section and chest.

Bottom line: Everyone is different. Certain sides like loss of morning wood, brain fog, and stuttering issues all went away relatively quick. I'd say within 3 months of quitting. The rest took time.

Give your body ample time to recover and I'm sure you'll be ok.

thanks Ive noticed weight as well since I was always lean but in my vaca pics I was like why are my tits so big and where did this spare come from?!?!?!

Did you get any groin related sides IE pain and itching or sensitivity down there?

I swear for like 2 weeks it felt like someone was squeezing my balls and the actual dog was super sensitive. I think I sort of rashed the tip a bit from rubbing my undergarments.

Im ruling out other things like I said with blood and urine work but from all the reading it really seems Im experiencing the SE of this. (hoping its just this)

But its sad since I was really doing well and got a lot of regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline747 View Post
    I was on finasteride for like 8 months fine then bam it attacked me with a vengeance.
    I dropped it for almost 2 weeks while on vaca and then everyhing seemed to go normally again so i figured maybe try again but took one dose (quarter pill) and it seemed all the sides hit back hard.

I think i have to stop period and hope things go back to normals normal.
    Anyone have any info on whether these sides will go away Ive heard of PFS (post fin syndrome) and honestly its got me pretty worried. Everything from shrinkage/tighting of the area to groin pain and ichty skin in the groin area.

Went and ran blood work monday but until the doc says anything I have to point the finger at the fin from what I read else where.

main question is has anyone here experienced this and did it pass? Thanks
    My side effects are improving now and I'm nearly 10 months off. I never suffered any sexual sides though.

You will most likely be fine but you might have to wait a while.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    My side effects are improving now and I'm nearly 10 months off. I never suffered any sexual sides though.

You will most likely be fine but you might have to wait a while.
    Thanks for the reinforcement. I know deep down I will prob get through this but its scary stuff right now when you look down and somethings not right.

What kind of sides did you get?

Thanks for the reinforcement. I know deep down I will prob get through this but its scary stuff right now when you look down and somethings not right.

What kind of sides did you get?
    Brain fog and muscle wastage were the main two.

There are more studies being done as I type this, so IF your sides don't go away I'm sure they will figure it out.

I wish you all the best.

Brain fog and muscle wastage were the main two.

There are more studies being done as I type this, so IF your sides don't go away I'm sure they will figure it out.

I wish you all the best.
    I wish I had that right now. Thanks
    appreciate it, keeping my thoughts positive. I think in a week it will pass but wondering if I should get the ol prostate poked at if my blood work comes back correct.

I wish I had that right now. Thanks
    appreciate it, keeping my thoughts positive. I think in a week it will pass but wondering if I should get the ol prostate poked at if my blood work comes back correct.
    You might not wanna swap if you had experienced brain fog but that is a different debate.

You would get more info on propeciahelp than here. They are nearly all in denial on here about the side effects and I am amazed no one has tried to discredit you.....yet.

Good luck.

You might not wanna swap if you had experienced brain fog but that is a different debate.

You would get more info on propeciahelp than here. They are nearly all in denial on here about the side effects and I am amazed no one has tried to discredit you.....yet.

Good luck.
    http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/vi...b11e0&start=20

This is what I was reading right before coming here lol. I have read a ton of stuff there but its flipping a coin this seemed like the more honest board. That site is just horror story after horror story which probably gets them all even more stressed making it worse.

This guys system is exactly to a TEE what Im going through right now.
    Even the anti biotics he got it what my doc gave me.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Thanks

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/vi...b11e0&start=20

This is what I was reading right before coming here lol. I have read a ton of stuff there but its flipping a coin this seemed like the more honest board. That site is just horror story after horror story which probably gets them all even more stressed making it worse.

This guys system is exactly to a TEE what Im going through right now.
    Even the anti biotics he got it what my doc gave me.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Thanks
    Yeah it is horror story after horror story and it's probably best not to read it too much.

I didn't read it a lot but I really feel for the guys on there. I know I could have easily been one of them and I'm really thankful that I'm not.

Let's hope all the lawsuits win against Merck and the shite is banned.