+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emu Oil

Post Emu Oil

Hey,

Which brand of Emu Oil do you guys use?

I purchased a brand called "Koru Naturals" from amazon and the emu oil looked milky white. When heated, it should turn yellow - This is how we test to see if it is pure emu 100% oil. However, the color didn't turn yellow and I was disappointed.

I have read about success with emu oil, jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil.

I purchased the same brand. The consistency is very liquidly and I always assumed it was not 100% EMU oil. I have not seen results using this, but then again I'm inconsistent with applying it. Mostly because I don't believe it does anything...

Either way, your post only validates what I thought about this brand when using it.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I purchased the same brand. The consistency is very liquidly and I always assumed it was not 100% EMU oil. I have not seen results using this, but then again I'm inconsistent with applying it. Mostly because I don't believe it does anything...

Either way, your post only validates what I thought about this brand when using it.
    Yes, that's how I feel. There is something called a "American Emu Association" in which they claim they certify if the emu oils are pure. - I feel like it's a scam because they recommend a brand called "Pureemu" and I checked their ingredients it contained "Emu oil + vitamin e." How would we know exactly how much emu oil was thrown in the bottle?

Emu oil is taken in Australia, and here in America it is hard for us to know which brand is a pure emu oil.

I use black Jamaican castor oil and I believe it does not prevent hair loss but does thicken existing hair

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    I use black Jamaican castor oil and I believe it does not prevent hair loss but does thicken existing hair

Hey Shan,

Well, if it does something, that's great news! Which brand do you use? I also bought Jamaican black castor oil by Tropic Isle Living.

Yea, tropic isle is what I use