+ Reply to Thread

Default cleaning out Minoxidil w/ tea tree oil

Hey everyone,

Been using Minoxidil 5% 2x daily since Dec 1st. Happy to say I am seeing regrowth on the crown. Also using 1.25mg/day of Finasteride.

The first downside to Minoxidil was the flaking... What got rid of the flaking was using a little mix 2-3 times a week of the clinical strength head and shoulders anti dandruff shampoo (Selenium sulfide dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis shampoo in a blue bottle) and 2% Salicylic acid.

The flaking stopped but I still itch like crazy, and my scalp never felt quite clean, despite washing it.

My barber knows about my regiment, so he washed my hair the other day with some tea tree oil mixed with some heavy conditioner. It's a natural antiseptic.
    He rinsed with extremely cold water. So I've been using that once a week along with the cold rinse, and it feels fantastic.

He also suggested always rinsing your hair with extremely cold water, and said it promotes healthy hair, and good skin.

Any way, just wanted to share this info.

Good to see you have regrowth
    How long have you been on fin?

almost to the end of 5 months. I honestly think it worked after a couple on my hair line

Showering with very hot water can it fact damage hair, that's why I use cold water on my head

I have been using Rogaine liquid once a day for a month and still have not experienced the itching I had with Kirkland's minoxidil. I used to use Kirkland's twice a day though, maybe that's what caused the itching, but even moving down to once a day the itch was still there. Now I use Rogaine foam in the day, Rogaine liquid in the night and I don't have flaky or itchy scalp.

Selsun Blue, the one with menthol and has a red cap and labeled "medicated" feels pretty good on my scalp. I don't use it that much, I used today after not using it since the beginning of March. Is this the blue bottle shampoo you are talking about? It's for seborrheic dermatitis.

I too had the itch but was before i began Fin

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I have been using Rogaine liquid once a day for a month and still have not experienced the itching I had with Kirkland's minoxidil. I used to use Kirkland's twice a day though, maybe that's what caused the itching, but even moving down to once a day the itch was still there. Now I use Rogaine foam in the day, Rogaine liquid in the night and I don't have flaky or itchy scalp.

Selsun Blue, the one with menthol and has a red cap and labeled "medicated" feels pretty good on my scalp. I don't use it that much, I used today after not using it since the beginning of March. Is this the blue bottle shampoo you are talking about? It's for seborrheic dermatitis.
    This is the stuff I am referring to: http://www.pgestore.com/men/hair-car...u=037000274018

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Showering with very hot water can it fact damage hair, that's why I use cold water on my head
    That is ridiculous.

You should switch to generic foam if the liquid causes flaking and irritation. I get a 6 month supply from costco for if I remember right like $60. I had horrible dandruff with the liquid and it completely went away when switching to the foam, it also works as a thickening/styling agent for me as well

Default information

Although we always try to preserve trees, sometimes removal is the best option. Dead or diseased trees can pose a danger to your property and the people around you. Our team of experts can safely and efficiently remove any tree, regardless of its size or location. TSB Tree Service

The adjustable benches in the weightlifting area of this gym are fantastic. They allow me to target different muscle groups and perform a wide range of exercises with proper form. https://bradgym.com/best-bicep-curl-machine/