+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I mean sure, but how does minox act on DHT itself directly or indirectly? It doesnt so it does not really address the root of MPB it just works through some other mechanism so it helps grow hair so in a way its working against things working for hair loss like DHT. Last I knew no one is sure what that even is maybe its multiple ones. I still think you need fin or some AA not just minox by itself or your throwing away the most important treatment.

By using anti-hairloss treatments, you basically increase the resistance of your hair follicles against the effect of DHT

I think anyone on fin shouldnt even be talking about results until 12 months. Your hair loss could get much worse in 5 months, and then completely grow back more fully by month 12 but you never find out by quitting/changing things. Until then its like me saying the stock market is going to crash because it took a 200 point down swing one week. Its meaningless unless put into context and the long term view of where things are going.
    "It ended as late as after ca. 5 months in March, but my hair still hasn't fully regrown back."

Minoxidil supports hair growth, but it does not address the root of the problem - DHT. The hairs that you keep with minoxidil are "zombie hairs" that will be immediately lost, once you stop taking minoxidil. But if the concentration of minoxidil is sufficiently high, you can keep them infinitely, similar to finasteride or dutasteride. The problem is that the standard 5% minoxidil is not sufficient for many people in the long run. And stronger versions may virtually destroy hair in other people.

Being still Norwood 1,5, I have been on various anti-hairloss drugs for nearly 20 years, so I can assure you that with the right regimen, you can keep your hair infinitely. My current regimen consists of 5% minoxidil + dutasteride. I have not regrown virtually any hair on it, but it is OK for maintenance. I think that the only way, how to regrow hair after many years is dermarolling. But it needs patience. I saw some results only after I was performing it 3-4 times a week for 6+ weeks.

I belong to the generation for which the only option was 2% minoxidil (and even Alpicort in my case). And I must use minoxidil till the end of my life, which is very annoying. You can jump on dutasteride - and you won't have any problems till the end of your life. But I still encounter "spoiled brats", who are not satisfied with the luxurious choice that they now have, and they are looking for various reasons, why to avoid 5-AR blockers. And subsequently, they scream on internet forums that hair loss cannot be stopped and everybody will follow their fate soon or later.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Minoxidil supports hair growth, but it does not address the root of the problem - DHT. The hairs that you keep with minoxidil are "zombie hairs" that will be immediately lost, once you stop taking minoxidil. But if the concentration of minoxidil is sufficiently high, you can keep them infinitely, similar to finasteride or dutasteride. The problem is that the standard 5% minoxidil is not sufficient for many people in the long run. And stronger versions may virtually destroy hair in other people.

Being still Norwood 1,5, I have been on various anti-hairloss drugs for nearly 20 years, so I can assure you that with the right regimen, you can keep your hair infinitely. My current regimen consists of 5% minoxidil + dutasteride. I have not regrown virtually any hair on it, but it is OK for maintenance. I think that the only way, how to regrow hair after many years is dermarolling. But it needs patience. I saw some results only after I was performing it 3-4 times a week for 6+ weeks.

I belong to the generation for which the only option was 2% minoxidil (and even Alpicort in my case). And I must use minoxidil till the end of my life, which is very annoying. You can jump on dutasteride - and you won't have any problems till the end of your life. But I still encounter "spoiled brats", who are not satisfied with the luxurious choice that they now have, and they are looking for various reasons, why to avoid 5-AR blockers. And subsequently, they scream on internet forums that hair loss cannot be stopped and everybody will follow their fate soon or later.
    You can assure us being the hair loss guru? I been on fin for 10 months and it destroyed my hair and don't give me "you would have lot it anyways not being on fin - just your hair loss progression". I've always had slow thinning and never noticed a shed but minoxidil helped kept my good hair then i got on the fin train and it destroyed my good hair...i lost over 50% density and burning/itchy sore scalp. You make claims this is the best regime but it doesn't work for everybody.