+ Reply to Thread

Question 21 and need advice

hello everyone, i am 21 years old and have been doing some research on hair restoration an hair restoration doctors for about 6 months now. I started loosing my hair when i was 16, i am now 21 and now i think my hair loss is at its fullest extent, i am a 6 on the norwood scale. I have been reading alot of people saying that at such a young age one shouldnt get a procedure done due to the fact that you dont know how much more hair you'll loose. But i am already a stage 6, i have the obvious horeshoe pattern and my hair isnt thin, its pretty much gone. So why wouldnt i be good for the procedure since the extent of my hair is alredy known? i would post pics but i keep my head shaved, the extent of my hair loss has pretty much reached its climax in a matter of only a few years. Thanks for any replies.

Thumbs up

Hi

There are options if you find a reputable surgeon, but this is dependant on you individual characteristics and there are certainly limitations. However, there is the chance that you could progress to NW 7 or for the donor wreath to thin so take care. Hopefully a good surgeon can assess your situation and advise accordingly. I would go and see a number of Dr's so that you can get a sense what is actually available to. You should also get a good sense of your general candidacy.

Good luck, hope it goes well!

I'm not sure if any recommended surgeons would work on someone at your age but as you say you reached the end, I would start some FDA approved meds just in case and contact Spex or Jotronic who can discuss further with you and put you in touch with good surgeons