+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    In terms of? He definitely has a nice physique and seems like a good enough guy. Does he sell diet plans or something on the side? Usually types like him do that and pack them full of broscience.

Additionally, I was thinking about your point on Lyle's Routine. Do you think it targets legs too much? I really do not want a fully balanced physique since I think it looks better when the upper body slightly overpowers the lower body. Big legs are unaesthetic. That's one of the reasons that I think Zyzz's physique was perfect although a lot think that his legs were too small; I think they were just right.
    i don't think steve sells diet plans but he has put out some training programs out there for free and has some youtube videos that explain his routine...

as for Lyle's Routine, even though some of the lower body exercises are compound movements that work many muscles however, they still focus the most on legs. now when you workout 4 times a week, 2 days dedicated just for legs while the same number of days dedicated to all other upper body muscles (Chest, Back, Shoulders, Bi, Tri, Traps)... the way i see it is that this program focus on legs more than any other muscle.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    i don't think steve sells diet plans but he has put out some training programs out there for free and has some youtube videos that explain his routine...

as for Lyle's Routine, even though some of the lower body exercises are compound movements that work many muscles however, they still focus the most on legs. now when you workout 4 times a week, 2 days dedicated just for legs while the same number of days dedicated to all other upper body muscles (Chest, Back, Shoulders, Bi, Tri, Traps)... the way i see it is that this program focus on legs more than any other muscle.
    Yeah, you may be right. Unless you have bodybuilding aspirations, I think it's good that your torso overpowers your legs so you can still fit into skinny and slim fit jeans.

Activation of the largest muscle groups in the body will result in the highest release of growth hormones.

Don't be an upper body bro. Ultimately your core and posterior chain is more important to long term mobility then your upper body.

The squat is the king of lifts.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Activation of the largest muscle groups in the body will result in the highest release of growth hormones.

Don't be an upper body bro. Ultimately your core and posterior chain is more important to long term mobility then your upper body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    The squat is the king of lifts.
    I'm not saying never squat or work legs; but big legs are unaesthetic and prevent you from wearing fashionable pants. There is no need to ever squat more than 2 plates or so if you have reasonable leg genetics.

Zyzz's legs are much better looking than the tree trunks in the second pic.

2 plates?!?! Thats nothing. If your idea is to just stay good looking and you don't care about going up in strength okay then.

If you're worried about fashionable pants well...heh. Alrighty then thats your choice.

Hugh legs look bad but so do small legs, IMO I think for aesthetics they need to be as small as possible whilst still being proportional to the upper body.

I've tried free weights a few times, but they're very boring.

I like martial arts so I need functional strength. For this I've just been going crazy with kettlebells for an hour 3 times a week. They aren't great for building muscle, I find, but they are an excellent workout and supposed to be very good for losing fat. I'm fortunate enough to be very slim, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuck View Post
    I've tried free weights a few times, but they're very boring.

I like martial arts so I need functional strength. For this I've just been going crazy with kettlebells for an hour 3 times a week. They aren't great for building muscle, I find, but they are an excellent workout and supposed to be very good for losing fat. I'm fortunate enough to be very slim, though.
    They are an excellent way to build core strength and stability.

I start my day by making my bed, a cup of coffee with a pinch of chocolate.

Then I go to the gym and my daily bank job that completely sucks.

Finally sleeping well and getting my mindset done for the next day :P