Threaded View

My .02c
    Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    1) That I had said some things that she knew we would never be a good fit.
    It could be subtle things you think nothing of because it is simply who you are. It could have been a comment about politics, or other behavior traits that in the early stages most people purposefully don't show - but can sometimes let slip through innocent and quickly worded exchanges.

2) She said I was too competitive.
    Simply that you don't take to losing or not doing well. The last gal I dated actually made a point to tell me one of her 'tests' is how a guy does at bowling and his reactions. My heart sunk at this because I am terrible at bowling but I like doing it and it ticks me off to no end that I suck. But I know I suck only because I only go bowling like once every 2 years. We never went bowling but had we, I know I would have changed my attitude purposely because of her comment. Bowling is such a simple sport that no one should really ever take it seriously unless you're actually good. But an overly competitive person will take not react well when they do poorly at something.

3) She later told me when we met, while a good fit on paper, there was nothing else there. What does this mean exactly?
    That you write a good dating site profile and sounded like you might be interesting, but lack actual hobbies or "life events" that would make you someone fun to hang out with or talk about your past. I think I fall into this same category. I basically have zero stories about the last 13 years of my life and it bothers me. The last girlfriend had a shitton of stories and I internally just felt so boring. I was definitely not without things to do with her that I wanted to do as well as she wanted to do, so that was covered. It was just my past that stunk.

When she first pulled away I asked her if I was too unattractive
    This was your ultimate failure and what likely made her mind up. If you have no confidence in yourself, you can't have it for her.