+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Brain fog.. Taking 1mg Propecia a day atm

Hey..

I've been on Propecia for 2 weeks now and this week I've been experiencing brain fog.. like I can't concentrate on things, lack of energy etc.

I've been cutting 5mg pills into fifths and taking 1mg each morning, and starting tomorrow I've decidied to start taking it in the evenings so that the brain fog is in the night and hopefully gone by the morning.

I've heard about Propecia being just as effective in smaller doses though.. which would result in a shorter period of brain fog? Or none at all? Hopefully.

So it's either take 0.5mg or whatever each evening or take the 1mg doses every other day..

What does everyone think about this? What's the best route to go down?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by baldlad View Post
    Hey..

I've been on Propecia for 2 weeks now and this week I've been experiencing brain fog.. like I can't concentrate on things, lack of energy etc.

I've been cutting 5mg pills into fifths and taking 1mg each morning, and starting tomorrow I've decidied to start taking it in the evenings so that the brain fog is in the night and hopefully gone by the morning.

I've heard about Propecia being just as effective in smaller doses though.. which would result in a shorter period of brain fog? Or none at all? Hopefully.

So it's either take 0.5mg or whatever each evening or take the 1mg doses every other day..

What does everyone think about this? What's the best route to go down?

Cheers
    If you're getting legit brain fog, I would advise going low dose. I started 0.625 mg then went up to 0.833 and now am up to 1.25 mg over the course of ~2 months. No sides to report, although I obviously can't attribute that to anything with certainty.

0.625 mg was sufficient to make the itch go away, which I think may be indicative it was working.

Yeah, it's definitely legit brain fog. I'm just cutting up the pill with a knife though so it's pretty sketch. How are you getting such precise dosage amounts?

And should I be consulting my doctor before changing my dose?

Yeah, it's definitely legit brain fog. I'm just cutting up the pill with a knife though so it's pretty sketch. How are you getting such precise dosage amounts?
    I'm just cutting with a knife too. I'm not worried about imperfect cuts and doses. The amounts I stated were more a testament to the numbers of cuts I make to each pill.

And should I be consulting my doctor before changing my dose?
    The politically correct answer is "Yes". I wouldn't bother to personally (I'm self-medicating anyways), but I'll never hear the end of it if I say anything besides "Yes".

So, "Yes".

Okay, cheers for the help. I'll book an appointment with the doc sometime this week, but I'mma start taking 0.5mg from tomorrow evening and see how that works out.

Okay, cheers for the help. I'll book an appointment with the doc sometime this week, but I'mma start taking 0.5mg from tomorrow evening and see how that works out.
    If it's more convenient, can you just call and talk to your Dr? Seems like a lot of hassle just to discuss dosing.

Do what you need to, my friend. And best luck.

Yeah I'll see if I can do that.. Cheers.

Inactive

Smaller doses do not have an effect on sides. I really do not know why people keep saying this. The charts clearly show that most doses inhibit around the same amount of DHT. Therefore, how can you expect a smaller dose to both save your hair and eliminate sides when there is no difference in DHT-inhibition? My 2 cents? You could try waiting it out to see if they dissipate. There's a chance that the sides are a result of you spending too much time on propeciahelp or some other hell-hole where sufferers congregate (PLEASE NOTE: I am not implying that you're crazy or delusional; I am just saying that MANY people are susceptible to thinking up side effects after hearing about them).

So impotence went out of fashion already? Now we have a brain fog as a new hit?