+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I am sorry, but I think that there is no effective cure for hypochondria. When you start to feel that you are dying, you can visit PropeciaHelp.
    It surprises me you are the age you are because I dont think I have read a post by you where you havent come across as an aggressive teenager. As rare as they are fin sides do exist they are listed on the information leaflet for a reason nor are you qualified to diagnose who is and who isnt a hypochondriac on this forum as you seem to do relatively often. No doubt propeciahelp has its share of them but you have a habit of tarring anyone experiencing sides with the same brush.

To the op, fin sides do exist (as listed with the leaflet included with your medicine) but they are quite rare. My advice would be to give it a solid month, see if the tenderness subsides it might just be a period of adjustment you're experiencing. In my experience using minox if i were to use it right after stepping out of the shower i would get a fairly rapid heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    It surprises me you are the age you are because I dont think I have read a post by you where you havent come across as an aggressive teenager. As rare as they are fin sides do exist they are listed on the information leaflet for a reason nor are you qualified to diagnose who is and who isnt a hypochondriac on this forum as you seem to do relatively often. No doubt propeciahelp has its share of them but you have a habit of tarring anyone experiencing sides with the same brush.

To the op, fin sides do exist (as listed with the leaflet included with your medicine) but they are quite rare. My advice would be to give it a solid month, see if the tenderness subsides it might just be a period of adjustment you're experiencing. In my experience using minox if i were to use it right after stepping out of the shower i would get a fairly rapid heartbeat.
    Yes, fin sides do exist. But they rarely exist in guys of such a type. The "symptoms" he describes betray an irrational anxiety. I think that he has already read all the necessary leaflets and in the following months, he will experience all the known - or even unknown - side effects. Await "brain fog" soon, followed by "shrunken penis", "ball ache", "no morning wood", "watery semen" and all other "sides" that irritate my stomach.

On PropeciaHelp, there probably isn't a single guy, who would be mentally sane. Hairlosshelp.com just finished a contest for the most absurd "side effect" documented on PropeciaHelp. A guy, who claimed that fin had turned him into a transsexual, won by a large margin, followed by guys complaining of numbed anuses or periodically shrinking testiscles during defecation.

BTW, if he is concerned about gyno, he should monitor estrogen levels. I would bet that they will be subnormal.

I am sorry, but I think that there is no effective cure for hypochondria. When you start to feel that you are dying, you can visit PropeciaHelp.
    When i first read your reply, it brought a grin on my face..then i read my post again to check if i was sounding to be too anxious.

Well, let me be clear, if I was too worried about sides of these medicines, I would not have taken Saw Palmetto for 5 years.

The chest pains are for real and not mind thing, I have experienced the pain in chest earlier (while on saw palmetto), it went away, and I hope it will go away this time as well.

All I wanted to know if there are guys who experienced such thing so early after starting fin. And if there are changes to the dosage i can make so as to reduce sides.

Yes, fin sides do exist. But they rarely exist in guys of such a type.
    Can you elaborate?

BTW, if he is concerned about gyno, he should monitor estrogen levels.
    This is a kind of response one expects from somebody of your age. But anyway thanks. Also, Your multiple posts on BTT that you have been able to maintain NW2 on minoxidil since a decade and a half sounds encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair87 View Post
    When i first read your reply, it brought a grin on my face..then i read my post again to check if i was sounding to be too anxious.

Well, let me be clear, if I was too worried about sides of these medicines, I would not have taken Saw Palmetto for 5 years.

The chest pains are for real and not mind thing, I have experienced the pain in chest earlier (while on saw palmetto), it went away, and I hope it will go away this time as well.

All I wanted to know if there are guys who experienced such thing so early after starting fin. And if there are changes to the dosage i can make so as to reduce sides.

Can you elaborate?

This is a kind of response one expects from somebody of your age. But anyway thanks. Also, Your multiple posts on BTT that you have been able to maintain NW2 on minoxidil since a decade and a half sounds encouraging.
    The chest pains may be real, but you erroneously connect them with the use of finasteride. I also suffered from pain in my chest, when I was young, and I thought that I would die from a heart disease. In the end, it turned out that it was simply a squeezed nerve.

Finasteride is a very safe drug and you shouldn't experience anything on it. Certainly not "pains". You have read too many leaflets and posts on PropeciaHelp. I have been on it for nearly one year, and I have also been taking dut for 3+ months. The only noticeable side effects appeared during the use of dutasteride: An increased libido and acne on my back. The latter seems to be subsiding recently.

If you are worried about hormonal levels in your body, then you should monitor testosterone, DHT, estradiol, SHBG etc. This is very important in general, after all, because without knowing your hormonal levels, you won't know, if the drug actually works.

BTW, I have never comprehended the pesimism, as for the long-term efficiacy of anti-hairloss treatments. Why such a fuss about a 15-years' maintenance? There are people, who have been successfully using minoxidil since it first entered the market in 1987! Why should anti-hairloss drugs be an exception among hundreds of other drugs that people take for decades? In someone, it can stop working. But this is just normal.

In my opinion, all the evidence suggests that minoxidil never stops working. The only problem is here: It basically increases your follicle's resistance to DHT. This level of resistance varies from person to person even without minoxidil use. Some people never experience baldness, because their follicles can resist DHT for the whole period of their lives. Similarly, minoxidil can increase the resistance of your follicles on the level, when you never experience baldness. In other men, this level of resistance may only be enough for, say, 10 years. In others, 20 years etc. But it only means that the minoxidil percentage that they use is not sufficient. Not that their baldness would be inevitable. Unfortunately, we still must reconcile only with the 5% version. Apparently, nobody of the big manufacturers cares about us, men affected by AGA.