+ Reply to Thread

Default If on Finasteride, how does ur estrogen compare to a woman's? Worried. Third nipple!

I have taken Fincar 5mg for at least 7 years (with some months here and there on Propecia or Avodart during that time). Usually, I take 1/4 tab Fincar 5mg every two days. I think I have some reduction in libido and therefore try not to take this pill every day.

Also, I have gyno, but I am not sure if this is due to Finasteride. I have some family members with gyno too, even though they take no Finasteride. I seem to have the worst gyno though...so not sure.

Anyway, my main worry is not the gyno, but the effect of very high levels of estrogen. Does anyone know if Fin can make your estrogen levels go even higher than an average woman's levels? I am worried about breast cancer or other issues, but only if the levels are above a woman's. If this is possible, I will get my levels measured.

Lastly, I recently got a spot right below my left nipple on the areola itself (kind of like a third nipple but not as raised, and not outside the areola)...it is slightly raised and looks weird.....anyone have that first appear in their 30s?

Inactive

I would go get it checked out if I were you. I'm fairly certain that blocking the production of DHT makes it easier for test to be metabolized into estrogen/progesterone. But, if your family has a history of gyno, it would be a bit stupid to attribute it to fin. Perhaps you just have some fat you need to lose?

Are you currently on both Finasteride and Dutasteride right now ? You might want to wean yourself off of both to flush your system of the drugs. Gyno is nothing to take lightly as the soreness of the nipple could be the beginning of mammary gland and a preparation for breast milk production.

No I am currently not on Dut. Just tried it for some months a few years ago.

Currently just on 1/4 tab Fincar every two days.

I am perhaps 15 lbs overweight for my height (5' 11, 190 lbs), but I have seen tons of guys who are significantly heavier with no breast tissue.

I never have any breast soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    I have taken Fincar 5mg for at least 7 years (with some months here and there on Propecia or Avodart during that time). Usually, I take 1/4 tab Fincar 5mg every two days. I think I have some reduction in libido and therefore try not to take this pill every day.

Also, I have gyno, but I am not sure if this is due to Finasteride. I have some family members with gyno too, even though they take no Finasteride. I seem to have the worst gyno though...so not sure.

Anyway, my main worry is not the gyno, but the effect of very high levels of estrogen. Does anyone know if Fin can make your estrogen levels go even higher than an average woman's levels? I am worried about breast cancer or other issues, but only if the levels are above a woman's. If this is possible, I will get my levels measured.

Lastly, I recently got a spot right below my left nipple on the areola itself (kind of like a third nipple but not as raised, and not outside the areola)...it is slightly raised and looks weird.....anyone have that first appear in their 30s?
    They say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Since MPB is caused by a male hormone, it is obvious that the only way to retain hair (for now at least) is to feminize your body to some extent, and that is exactly what Fin, Dua or Spiro do, that is, they turn you into half woman! These drugs are just modern methods of castrating yourself in order to retain hair! As long as we have shills for these drugs, don't expect any better cure, as no company would be motivated enough to find a cure, as they would think men are already happy with these drugs!

Ok, but my main concern is whether the estrogen levels can become even HIGHER than a woman's.

I am willing to live/risk with a woman's levels till a better cure comes, but higher than that is too risky and essentially untested in humans male or female. I was hoping their are studies on this, or even better, other people on here willing to share their blood test results for hormones before and after.

Someone's reply on another forum below. Hopefully that 15 percent is accurate, although I vaguely recall a post from a while back suggesting estrogen going up much higher:

"But if you are speaking about averages, no, fin will not increase your e to be even close to the average for women. I think 'normal' for a guy is around 50-100 and normal for a female is 200-400 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Fin can increase E by roughly 15%, so you still won't be close to the average range for a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    Someone's reply on another forum below. Hopefully that 15 percent is accurate, although I vaguely recall a post from a while back suggesting estrogen going up much higher:

"But if you are speaking about averages, no, fin will not increase your e to be even close to the average for women. I think 'normal' for a guy is around 50-100 and normal for a female is 200-400 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Fin can increase E by roughly 15%, so you still won't be close to the average range for a woman."
    But even a little more estrogen is dangerous. According to the following article,

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2010/...ing-Men_01.htm

"Men with even slightly elevated estrogen levels doubled their risk of stroke and had far higher incidences of coronary artery disease."

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Oh great - here they all come.

I also lol'd when this 17 year old **** prescribed someone an anti-cancer drug to help with fin sides.

When did this website become so full of morons eh? ROLF@"noob" coming from the one who joined 6 months ago.
    Hahahahah.

Wait, so you're gauging an individual's knowledge on hair loss treatments and basic chemistry based on their join date to a single hair loss forum? And, as if 6 months isn't in excess of the amount of time an individual would need to self-educate on the topic.

You should get your 4 working brain neurons fired up to read and think through your posts before hitting "submit", as opposed to making yourself look like a stupid asshole. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlez View Post
    There is nothing moronic about using an aromatase inhibitor to lower estrogen. This is why it was invented, dumbass.

I have some on hand just in case for when I begin taking DUT. It's not a big deal.
    Don't bother trying to educate him. He's too stupid and ignorant of an asshole to do a google search on something he knows nothing about, before removing all doubt of his idiocy.