Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Concerned22YO
    • Apr 2013

22 Years Old Hair Thinning (Pics)

I used to have a pretty thick head of hair. Though the hair itself was always pretty fine, I had a lot of it. During the past 6 months I noticed thinning all over my head. I am not sure if it's because of stress (recently started college) or what, but it's getting to me and I want to stop it. My mom thinks I look normal, but it feel really thin compared to what it used to be. Is this MPB (which doesn't run in my family, but I could be a first) or just stress induced? I used to smoke a pack of cigs once every 2 weeks, now every 2-3 days I could go through a pack. Been really stressed but I want to make sure it's not MPB.

Here are some pics when my hair is wet and one dry.
    Attached Files
  • mark-1
    • Mar 2009

Looks like mine. Kinda early stages of MPB. The preferred method of treatment on these boards is Propecia.

Comment

• Concerned22YO
      • Apr 2013

Do I have to get a prescription or anything for that and how much should I expect to spend?

Comment

• Shan
        • Feb 2013

You should see your doctor and get tested for DHT levels and dont start any meds yet if hairloss does not run in family

Comment

• Concerned22YO
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shan
          You should see your doctor and get tested for DHT levels and dont start any meds yet if hairloss does not run in family
          Thanks, ill do that!

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Propecia has the potential for sexual side effects; read up on these before committing.

Comment

Working...