Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arashi
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by canuhandleit
    That makes sense. I am currently seeing my hairline actively change btw. My only concern about waiting a year is the 12 months it takes for results to be honest. It took me 2 yrs to go from nw1 to this which isn't too fast though.
    I don't know your financial situation but if you can easily afford several treatments, then I think it might make sense. I'm 99% sure that people who have a perfect hairline like you, right now, and just an average MPB progression speed, can maintain their hairlines for the rest of their lives. Current techniques like Gho's alone should already be enough to maintain your hairline for the next 10 years. It's quite reasonable to assume we'll have something like Aderans, Replicel or Histogen available in the next 5 years and I'd be really surprised if we don't have the final cure, like Team Tokyo's, in 10 years. So it's just a financial picture in my opinion.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

I had my girlfriend measure my recession on the deepest temple, it's about .8 deeper than my forelock which is straight.
      0.8.... what? feet? metres?

And you better use the metric system.

Comment

• canuhandleit
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
        0.8.... what? feet? metres?

And you better use the metric system.
        You're a douchebag eh lol

Comment

• ccmethinning
          • Jan 2012

Those new pictures do present a slightly different picture than the original ones. I still wouldn't say you're a NW2 yet though, more like a NW1.5.

Comment

• cocacola
            • Feb 2013

dont change anything for now, ur hair looks great. If in 1 year situation changes then u can consider doing something

Comment

• FearTheLoss
              • Dec 2012

either way, get the **** of this website bro....you have nothing to worry about...why? because you are a nw1 and by the time your loss progresses (if it ever does) histogen, aderans and other treatments will be out and donor regeneration or HM will be the gold standard..

so go out and have fun and enjoy your life while your young instead of obsessing over something that may be a problem in the future for you...future treatments are going to 'save' you for sure, that is if you ever even need 'saving'.

Comment

• canuhandleit
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Arashi
                I don't know your financial situation but if you can easily afford several treatments, then I think it might make sense. I'm 99% sure that people who have a perfect hairline like you, right now, and just an average MPB progression speed, can maintain their hairlines for the rest of their lives. Current techniques like Gho's alone should already be enough to maintain your hairline for the next 10 years. It's quite reasonable to assume we'll have something like Aderans, Replicel or Histogen available in the next 5 years and I'd be really surprised if we don't have the final cure, like Team Tokyo's, in 10 years. So it's just a financial picture in my opinion.
                I can afford as many treatments as I need.

Though - I am worried about shock loss.

I am also thinking - would it make sense to start a 2-5% rogaine anytime soon? If it allows me to prevent further loss for ~2 yrs and possibly even re-grow some, that will buy me a lot more time before having to get a transplant. I am reading pretty good results on the hairline even though it's not approved for it.

Comment

• Phatalis
                  • Dec 2009

I can afford as many treatments as I need.

Though - I am worried about shock loss.

I am also thinking - would it make sense to start a 2-5% rogaine anytime soon? If it allows me to prevent further loss for ~2 yrs and possibly even re-grow some, that will buy me a lot more time before having to get a transplant. I am reading pretty good results on the hairline even though it's not approved for it.
                  i kept much of my hairline with rogaine for like 4 years

Comment

• Pentarou
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Phatalis
                    i kept much of my hairline with rogaine for like 4 years
                    Rogaine alone?

Comment

• canuhandleit
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Pentarou
                      Rogaine alone?
                      I have heard of this many times. You have to stay consistent though. Did you have any sides on it - namely wrinkling? That's about all I'm worried about.

Comment

• Phatalis
                        • Dec 2009

I have heard of this many times. You have to stay consistent though. Did you have any sides on it - namely wrinkling? That's about all I'm worried about.
                        A) Was consistent for a long time then stopped being consistent. So actually if I stayed consistent I probably would've been better off. I stopped using it for a while and loss hair.. and then started up again.. but at this point that hair was gone so it didnt do shit.. so I stopped.

Not using it now.

No sides. Used Foam.. unstinky kind. And yeah it kept my whole hairline intact for a long time. Yes it works on hairlines.

Comment

• Phatalis
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Pentarou
                          Rogaine alone?
                          Yes.... with nizoral. But i use t-gel now cause i noticed it worked better than niz and I kept getting red patchy dryness weirdness.. on my face too.. i think it was sebheorric dermatitus.

t-gel nukes that shit. so much better.

Comment

• canuhandleit
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Phatalis
                            A) Was consistent for a long time then stopped being consistent. So actually if I stayed consistent I probably would've been better off. I stopped using it for a while and loss hair.. and then started up again.. but at this point that hair was gone so it didnt do shit.. so I stopped.

Not using it now.

No sides. Used Foam.. unstinky kind. And yeah it kept my whole hairline intact for a long time. Yes it works on hairlines.
                            Sweet. I think I'm going to try it - probably start next month or so and try & hold on to what I've got. I'm tired of being turned away from things that can save my hair due to a *FEW* people having bad side effects. Never know til you try I guess.

So unscented foam? I've heard the liquid is better in terms of absorption but I would hate to use the liquid.

Comment

Working...