+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulge Cells!!!!

Default Bulge Cells!!!!

What do you guys think?

If they can work out how to activate these stem cells we might be getting fixed up sooner rather then later?

http://www.baldingblog.com/2013/04/2...hair-follicle/

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    What do you guys think?

If they can work out how to activate these stem cells we might be getting fixed up sooner rather then later?

http://www.baldingblog.com/2013/04/2...hair-follicle/
    Great finding Kiwi! Stem cells seems to be the answer, hopefully they can crack the code soon!

I'm telling you, soon there's gonne be for sure something big that will change everything.
    Everyone is such in a rush to find something, and it definitely wasn't like that in the past.

This was already posted and ignored. It doesn't seem like that great of a find to me. Studies show that there's genetic damage to the dermal papilla in balding hair. Don't see how this will fix that genetic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post

Studies show that there's genetic damage to the dermal papilla in balding hair.
    I would like to read one of these studies - at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    I would like to read one of these studies - at least one.
    I don't know if you are being your usual sarcastic self or not, but here you go: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5701147a.html

I don't know if you are being your usual sarcastic self or not, but here you go: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1.../5701147a.html
    First of all, I do not read any studies as soon as one of the Farjo's are involved - because they know a shit about hair follicle biology.
    Second, I also do not read any studies who start with the completely wrong information - like this ...

"Androgenetic alopecia (AGA), a hereditary disorder that involves the progressive thinning of hair in a defined pattern, is driven by androgens. The hair follicle dermal papilla (DP) expresses androgen receptors (AR) and plays an important role in the control of normal hair growth."

The dermal papilla doesn't play ANY role "in the control of normal hair growth".

The dermal papilla does only -and that's what this thread is all about- what 1) the bulge stem cells and especially 2) the bulge stem cells microenvironment is telling them what to do. If the tell them, for example, "GAME OVER" - they simply understand this signal FROM THE STEM CELLS' MICROENVIRONMENT as "game over". The dermal papilla is just a "slave" (not the "master") in this whole game. This has something to do with the ORIGINS of the DP.

You are a ****ing moron. The DP is the controller of all hair growth. Length, texture, curl, everything. The studies on DP's are numerous. You are such a tool. Not even worth debating with. Good luck on your "I know more than everyone" journey.

Prove this ...

You are a ****ing moron.
    ... and prove that:
    The DP is the controller of all hair growth. Length, texture, curl, everything. The studies on DP's are numerous.
    ... and then we will see who is the "****ing moron".

I'm sick of proving shit to people like you. Do your own damn research. The paper I just provided you showed obvious differentiation between the dermal papillas in bald and non-bald scalp. GET IT?? THE BALD DP WAS DAMAGED AND THE STEM CELLS DID NOT RE-CREATE AN UN-DAMAGED ONE AT ANY POINT. Stimulating the stem cells will probably do nothing! There's multiple studies comparing beard DP's to hair DP's and profiling of both. You are just a troll to this community. Why don't you try and be constructive and go look some shit up for yourself. The fact that DP's control hair length/texture/etc is not some hidden fact.