Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Don't worry. Your obsession with baldness will get over once you grow up. I strarted balding at 13, yet girls kept fallin for me. Once even one of my sister's friend said to her that she would love to marry me. Some men look good bald, while others don't.
    Please, we all know you're an ugly virgin who wishes he looked good bald.
    Stop making up these lame ass stories

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    While I am in agreement with some of what you're saying; you're ignoring the fact that baldness is "curable." Most just don't have the courage and foresight to do it. Duta+RU will allow upwards of 95% of people to maintain at baseline or even regrow. The key, however, is catching it early. By the sound of it you, like so many others, failed to catch it in its infancy and are now paying the price. Furthermore, by the time anyone's child reaches the age where MPB becomes an issue, there will almost certainly be even more effective and safer treatments available (if you don't like the duta/RU/spiro gamble).
    There's not much else i could've done in terms of catching it earlier. As soon as I turned 18 I began Finasteride and had been on Minox for a few months prior to that. I'm currently around a NW2, which although not terrible is still very disheartening, as well as very very abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    There's not much else i could've done in terms of catching it earlier. As soon as I turned 18 I began Finasteride and had been on Minox for a few months prior to that. I'm currently around a NW2, which although not terrible is still very disheartening, as well as very very abnormal.
    'very very abnormal'??? What planet are you living on? Such a huge percentage of men have hair loss to that degree!! and yes even young guys.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    'very very abnormal'??? What planet are you living on? Such a huge percentage of men have hair loss to that degree!! and yes even young guys.
    This. I am around a NW1-NW1.2 and I have a better hairline than like 90% of men I see on campus. NW2 is pretty damn common.

While I am in agreement with some of what you're saying; you're ignoring the fact that baldness is "curable." Most just don't have the courage and foresight to do it. Duta+RU will allow upwards of 95% of people to maintain at baseline or even regrow. The key, however, is catching it early. By the sound of it you, like so many others, failed to catch it in its infancy and are now paying the price. Furthermore, by the time anyone's child reaches the age where MPB becomes an issue, there will almost certainly be even more effective and safer treatments available (if you don't like the duta/RU/spiro gamble).
    This.

And stop being a pu$$y, please. Clearly people survive baldness and lead enjoyable lives. You, for whatever reason, can't employ vision beyond the immediate.

That said, when you get older and more mature, you'll better understand. It's one of those pieces of knowledge that is nearly impossible to project onto others; you need to grow up and experience it yourself.

Baldness is just another undesirable genetic trait, like a small penis, a big crooked nose, acne, being short, etc. Just because you're afflicted by one and can't appropriately cope doesn't mean that it needs to be eradicated.

I'm sure balding at 16 ****in' blows but it, like other undesirable aesthetic traits, will remain. The choice is yours whether or not to let your nuts drop and pursue a rewarding life regardless.

No one born today will ever have to go bald

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Reading his post felt like a summary of what I've said over the years. While I agree with you to a point, you surely realise that fin, and least of all duta is suitable for someone still going through puberty.

If someone really does have a super aggressive form of MPB then whether they like it or not they have a major genetic flaw. Why would your burden someone else with that? People can be so selfish sometimes.

By the way, I feel like duta + ru would work for 100% of all people provided they tolerate any sides that arise. Fin already works for over 90% of people.
    I am being mostly selfish when I say what I am saying. As someone that wants a shot at being normal and happy, I see kids and a wife as part of the picture. I really don't want to be that unmarried 50 year old guy without kids that everyone thinks is a little weird or must have something wrong with him. I wish to mask my flaws as well as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    A NW2 can easily be fixed with a simple hair transplant, so stop trolling around Mister.

NW2 is nothing. At that stage it is easy to style your hair to look NW1, & even if you comb it straight back most people will not think of you as balding

NW2a-3 is when your options really start to get screwed

I am being mostly selfish when I say what I am saying. As someone that wants a shot at being normal and happy, I see kids and a wife as part of the picture. I really don't want to be that unmarried 50 year old guy without kids that everyone thinks is a little weird or must have something wrong with him. I wish to mask my flaws as well as I can.
    Literally just yesterday my buddy mentioned his Uncle is that dude (late 40's and never married, no kids, etc.). A shock wave of fear, pity, and sympathy went through me.

I don't plan to get married until ~30, but if I got to 35 I'd probably just settle with whatever.