Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Senior Member baldozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bald Head Island
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Literally just yesterday my buddy mentioned his Uncle is that dude (late 40's and never married, no kids, etc.). A shock wave of fear, pity, and sympathy went through me.

    I don't plan to get married until ~30, but if I got to 35 I'd probably just settle with whatever.
    True, life is more than mere genes. You marry because you want to live a happy life with your family. It doesn't have anything to do with good or bad genes. Both the father and mother may have some defect, but their mixture (child) may turn out to be very good. You never know. And that is right, society view an old unmarried guy as a creepy loner pedophile!

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    873

    Default

    I'm 34 years old and I am not getting married and cannot honestly see myself having kids anytime soon. I look at these guys at my gym with dysfunctional and irrascible kids and I say to myself: "boy, am I glad that I don't need to deal with this sh*t". In terms of sh*tty genetic traits like baldness, I really think that it's a parent's obligation to be well aware of all the sh*tty and defective genetics that they are passing along to their children, and be very proactive in counteracting them as soon as possible. A lot of people are just so eager to have little babies that they do not stop to think what defective genetic traits that they are passing down to their children (and what sh*t that the child will have to go through that it no fault of their own).

  3. #23
    Senior Member FlightTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGayLife View Post
    Take this from me, someone who started balding a bit over a year ago at the age of 16: Don't

    As sad as it may make some of you aspiring fathers feel, having a kid when you yourself have the MPB gene is unbelievably irresponsible. It's a curse you place upon your child that you cannot control. Nothing is worse than balding at a young age and not having your parents, the people who you always had there to help you get through things, be unable to do anything about it.

    There's no substitute for looks at a young age. Not intelligence, not physique, not personality, nothing. You can reconcile your son that a man is more than his hair, which may be true, but it's a miserable existence. Losing your hair means you are losing your social worth. Going from good or even normal looking to abnormal is one of the worst things one can feel as a teenager. You lose out on so much opportunity simply because you're going through a process that signifies aging. No matter what you guys try and tell yourselves, balding at a young age is not normal, it's not okay, and it certainly is disgusting.

    Don't think that I'm a guy with nothing going for him either. I have a girlfriend, I have several close friends, and I have been accepted to some very prestigious schools (including four Ivy leagues, with one of which being HYP, not mentioning which) with nearly all expenses paid. This is not to brag, in fact, it's the opposite. Even with all of these things going for me, I'm still miserable. I don't want to get up in the morning because I know it's a tiresome endeavor trying to deal with this debilitating condition. I currently have long hair and style it to conceal my receding hairline and thinning. While it works, it's a process that controls my whole day: I have to wear hats when I'm outside, even if it's for a brief moment, since the wind destroys my hair. I don't go on rollercoasters anymore. I can't even meet with people without elaborate styling - it's a nightmare.

    And please, to all the "Buzz it" guys out there, understand that buzzing your head at a young age, with a receding hairline, is one of the dumbest things you can do. Nobody looks normal with that style. It doesn't look good. No one is sincere with the "compliments" so many of you claim to get.

    What's more, women are certainly more shallow than men. Unattractive women are ignored by men, but unattractive men are ridiculed by women. A woman hates an ugly man. Hates. Not pity, or sorrow, or indifference, pure hatred. I've seen many kids my age get ostracized simply because of their looks, whereas persons with worse morals are accepted simply because they look normal or are attractive. Don't think personality matters that much at this age - it doesn't. Sure, you can coerce a girl to like you if you're persistent enough, but an attractive man will have to do much, much, much less work to get a girl, as well as get that girl to be loyal to him.


    So please, aspiring fathers, don't subdue your children to this. I'm expecting a lot of backlash from people who claim balding isn't all that bad (ironically despite the fact that they're on this site). Understand that you're living in denial. It is bad, maybe not the worst thing, but certainly bad enough to ruin one's self esteem, especially at a young age. I've talked to older men who claim that they've gotten over it, even though many of them wear hats everywhere and try and style their hair to cover their bald spots. Don't allow your fragile ego and attempts at proving you aren't insecure ruin someone else's life.

    Also, please don't tell me to "Get over it." I know that I'm going to have to, I'm making steps everyday towards that. I'll never "Get over it" fully though, it's impossible. Just realize that if you have a son who will experience this crap, he will certainly blame you, and he will be 100% justified in doing so considering you've read this.


    I can understand and relate to your pain. As a young young hair loss person myself, I can fully relate that hair loss is very emotionally painful at a young age....

    I wish you all the best

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gldngamer View Post
    Bro, i can totally mirror all your sentiments!. The fact that remains true is that
    looks = social superiority. Period. No one should have to bald so young, its unfair.
    Yes I agree and the only thing in this universe that we can turn to with any true faith is science - the hair was there once, nature created it, so it can be created again, we just have to figure out how to mimick nature.

    Easier said than done.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I'm 34 years old and I am not getting married and cannot honestly see myself having kids anytime soon. I look at these guys at my gym with dysfunctional and irrascible kids and I say to myself: "boy, am I glad that I don't need to deal with this sh*t". In terms of sh*tty genetic traits like baldness, I really think that it's a parent's obligation to be well aware of all the sh*tty and defective genetics that they are passing along to their children, and be very proactive in counteracting them as soon as possible. A lot of people are just so eager to have little babies that they do not stop to think what defective genetic traits that they are passing down to their children (and what sh*t that the child will have to go through that it no fault of their own).
    So anyone with even one not absolutely ideal genetic trait should refrain from reproducing.

    Got it. Great.

    Seems real legit.

    Seriously though. Really, really, really legit.

    Acting on this for sure.

    No sarcasm.

  6. #26
    Senior Member StuckInARut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    208

    Default

    You guys are so bitter and negative that you need to seek professional help, seriously!
    Last edited by Winston; 05-01-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Inappropriate comment removed.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post

    You guys are so bitter and negative that you need to seek professional help, seriously!
    I agree. Well not that they should go kill themselves. But you know what I mean!

    For those who think you should not have kids:
    Even if you have genetics that aren't desired in our really shallow and conceited society, you should have the still consider starting a family. Teach your future children to be better people and to change what this perfectionistic society demands in appearances. PLUS! There's going to be a LOAD of future treatments should your future children go bald.
    Last edited by Winston; 05-01-2013 at 04:50 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You're in denial. Just because you don't like reality doesn't make me insane for acknowledging it.

    The modern world is in a state of mass cognitive dissonance. We pretend races, sexes, cultures, religions, and so on are all equal. Everyone talks out their arse. Nobody wants to admit to what's really going on. And when they do some dumb **** such as yourself comes out claiming they are mad.

    Here's an idea: Kill yourself and tell me if the world will miss your pathetic genetics.

    Hint: They won't
    Holocaust exaggerated?

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Just because you learnt to live with your genetic defect doesn't mean you should now create more genetically defectively people in order to teach them to get over it.

    The world doesn't NEED your children. All you're advocating here is the selfish idea that YOU want children, regardless of what hardship they'll face as a result of your messed up genes. You're a sick mother****er.

    So I suppose based on your logic this girl's mother is totally morally in the clear for having two ****ed up children, knowing she'd pass on her genetic disorder to them??

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-li...m-45---1143344

    I am truly filled with disgust when I read comments by people like you. Total selfishness. You want the kids so you'll have them. **** what they end up like. You're a joke. I'd spit on you if I could!
    You're comparing male pattern baldness to this?
    I appreciate that you are angry with your hair loss, but dude...get a grip on reality.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    OK, after reading this, I really need to call BS here. With all this talk about MPB as a genetic defect as such, why, must we ask, are there so many bald men who've gone on to very successful lives and careers? News flash: men go bald as they age; most do in fact. You're not going to look like you're 20 forever. Aging is not a genetic defect. Why are you all putting so much stock into it? Embrace your maturity instead of whining like a pathetic little emo punk!

    Unless, of course, we're talking about ***** here. Is that that what you crybabies are thinking? Well, if your criterion of a life well lived is how much you score, I honestly must admit to feeling sorry for you. It's not the fact that you're balding, as myriads of men have done before without being melodramatic about it, but rather the fact that you have an awful attitude that will hold you back from success in life--both with the fair sex and otherwise.

    It's your life. Man up and own it.

Similar Threads

  1. Minox and Kids
    By Lazoid in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Derma rolling with topicals. Skin wants hairy skin!
09-12-2016 03:41 AM
by Skin
Last Post By Skin
Today 08:11 AM
Neyo not wearing hats anymore in 2016
09-20-2016 08:43 AM
Last Post By WHTC Clinic
Today 08:03 AM
Am I balding at 19?
09-27-2016 09:13 AM
Last Post By WHTC Clinic
Today 07:48 AM
Has minoxidil caused skin aging for any of you guys?
12-12-2013 05:29 AM
Last Post By WHTC Clinic
Today 07:39 AM
Relax, minoxidil isn't aging you.
04-29-2016 09:35 AM
by dm90
Last Post By Artista
Today 07:14 AM