+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone gotten stem cell therapy in states??

I know stem cell therapy isn't generally available in the states yet. But there are 3 centers who are currently doing "studies" to gather data in an effort to make stem cell therapy FDA approved in the states. Currently 3 locations are conducting the studies: California, Arizona, and Massachusetts...

Phoenix Stem Cell Treatment Center
    Dr. Steven Gitt

California Stem Cell Treatment Center
    Dr. Elliot Lander

New England Stem Cell Treatment Center
    Dr. Ryan Welter

see the link below for the cali location (that site also has info on the other 2)

http://www.stemcellrevolution.com/cu...r-restoration/

I called up the one in Mass since its near me and they claim to do the same stem cell treatment as Recoverup. they also said to participate in the study, it would cost $2500. They said they cant show any before and after pics because if they knew the results it would corrupt the study and create bias.

Does anyone know if this is legit or heard anything about this??

Since I am just so absolutely disgusted with today's limited treatments, I actually contacted the place that you mentioned in CA. I checked the doctors's credentials and they seemed pretty legit. I didn't check out the places in Boston and Phoenix so I'm not sure about those. I am firm believer in stem cell technology, but I shied away from this procedure since I wasn't sure how much regrowth would actually be achieved. So I was hesitant to pull the trigger. But if proven and significant results were achieved, I would try something like this since I believe in these stem cell options (unlike today's limited options).

I agree the doctors/websites/ and facilities seemed legit. I feel if I want spend money, it would be on something related to stem cells, but not PRP i heard its garbage.

the boston office is about 3 1/2 hours from me and the good thing is there is no consultation fee so I just may check it out. if nothing, then I just lost some gas money. The funny thing was the doctor was trying to sell me a bit on the phone call and made it seem like he was doing me a favor, yet he couldnt tell me anything about the results. He kept harping on the fact its done all over europe. He said they weren't making money of this and the 2500 was for supplies. It seemed a tad bit sketchy and 2500 isnt exactly loose change for something that may not show results.

Sounds like b.s. to me. Very few studies require participants to pay for treatments let alone a couple thousand dollars. Even if they are on to something I'm not going to fund their research. If they have something they believe in then they should fork out the money to test their treatment.

Also I'm pretty sure I just read a post on another forum by a member who had a hair transplant at the phoenix location with bad results, ill try and find it.

thanks I appreciate it.

This is the thread I was talking about:

http://www.**********************.co...-neograft.html

The guy had it done at the same place listed as performing the stem cell treatment in Phoenix (North Valley Plastic Surgery in Phoenix, Arizona). They had a technician perform the entire surgery and the guy had terrible results. Looks like this stem cell treatment is probably just a way for some sleezy doctors to capitalize the stem cell craze.

Edit: Jesus Christ why do all these hair loss forums prevent outside links!! So aggrivating!!

Get rid of the spaces in the link below:

http://www. hair restoration network. com/eve/167928-fue-transplant-care-neograft.html

Wow, I had no idea. Despite how much I despite hair loss, I am so glad that I never went through a bad hair transplant which left me permanently disfigured and scarred (which has to be 100x worse). If there's anything I learned from Spencer and the AHLA, it's to be very skeptical of anything that's being sold to me within the hair loss industry. And I am very skeptical of today's hair loss industry, and that even includes most of the IAHRS doctors, sad to say.