+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile If the top of your head was a banker, it would be getting ripped off!

We know that about 50% of hair loss can occur before it is recognized by the human eye. Is this good news or bad news for hair loss suffers? Both! It’s bad news for people who wanted to prevent their hair loss from occurring prior to taking some type of medical treatment like Propecia and/or Rogaine. However, it is good news for people who have already lost a significant amount of hair because it means they only have to replace 50% of their hair to give the “appearance” of a full head of hair. That’s right; you don’t have to replace every hair you lost! Just 50% of the lost can give you the “appearance” of a full head of hair!

Of course, the degree of hair loss is a major factor in determining if hair transplantation can give you the “appearance” of a full head of hair. Factors such as donor hair density and the amount of hair loss are also essential.

So, if the top of your head was a banker, it would be getting ripped off! Lose 14,000 grafts and only have to pay back 7,000 grafts. That’s a good deal for you!

Thumbs up Well put Joe!

The internet is filled with such BS when it comes to hair loss and surgical hair restoration. I think it's so important for people to understand that early intervention is always key when treating hair loss and like you eluded to, more grafts isn't always better when undergoing hair transplant surgery. Utilizing your donor reserve wisely can mean the difference between a great hair transplant and a mediocre one.

hey joe. i cant get over how great your hair looks in your pics. im jealous

Joe's got crazy hair! It's cool... I've gotten used to "painting" my bald spot

i haven't gotten to that point yet--where i have to paint my bald spot...thank god! but hey if had to i would...no shame in that. i would do whatever it takes to feel comfortable.

Thumbs down Filing That One Away!

I'll just file that one away Dave.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by davesolazzo View Post
    hey joe. i cant get over how great your hair looks in your pics. im jealous
    Thanks, but there is no reason to be jealous.....it's just hair. How are things with you and cookie? Did you two make a baby yet? lol

Default Cookie??!

Oh man, Dave, I'm jealous -- has your seduction training already worked and you now have a significant other named Cookie? Does she have any single friends that don't mind the follicularly challenged? :-)

no, no it's not like that al all. cookie and i are just old friends. i really haven't put my seduction training to the test yet. but im working on it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by davesolazzo View Post
    no, no it's not like that al all. cookie and i are just old friends. i really haven't put my seduction training to the test yet. but im working on it.

I was just kidding with you about the Cookster. I can set you up with girls to seduce....I'll even tell them that you're going to seduce them beforehand.