+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks,
    Ill go ahead, gonna start treatment on tuesday. I promise to keep regular records of my progress and keep the board up to date if other people might be interested.

you're too late for good results. You might get some back with minox+fin but probably not a full head of hair back. Your best option: buzz head and hit gym

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    you're too late for good results. You might get some back with minox+fin but probably not a full head of hair back. Your best option: buzz head and hit gym
    You've still got good coverage bro, ignore the skeptic. hopefully you'll have excellent results

What meds are you gonna take?, and
    where you getting them from?

Its from the Belgravia centre in London.
    http://www.belgraviacentre.com/

Im getting a combination of Propecia and Minoxidil to take daily.

Quote Originally Posted by tedcase View Post
    Its from the Belgravia centre in London.
    http://www.belgraviacentre.com/

Im getting a combination of Propecia and Minoxidil to take daily.
    Good luck on meds bro and keep us updated every month

At the worst you are a NW3 on the Norwood Scale of baldness. You still have some coverage on the vertex of your scalp and the crown. If you get on Propecia or Finasteride you have a good chance of not only retaining hair but perhaps growing back the miniaturized hair and or lost hair based on your response to the drug pending no side effects after a year plus worth of use.

I would also recommend Biotin supplement and scalp massages to increase circulation in addition to Minoxidil foam 5% used twice daily and Nizoral shampoo as part of your weekly regimen. If you see no improvement over a year then I would recommend Avodart as a last chance effort and past that buzz it off and shave it down.

Start treatment as soon as possible. Ignore those who act as if regrowth is impossible. There are many people who have caught their hair loss much later than you and made a pretty strong come back. And by strong come back I mean damn near full head of hair.

I don't know what your financial situation is, I see $300 a quarter, but just know that Rogaine foam costs $240 a year [$60 per 4-pack]. Personally, I bought my 12 month supply for $160+$24 S&H on ebay from monsterhotdeals, who are a very reputable seller on Amazon and Ebay. Propecia last time I checked is old news. Get on finasteride 5mg or finasteride 1mg. You save so much more for the same thing.

What if I tell you you can pay around $400 or less, for a 1 year supply of Rogaine and 2 year supply of Finasteride, instead of $300 per quarter. Well that is what I just told you in the above paragraphs.

you could get decent results from a transplant and be carefull you will be single without erection that sucks, so be sure before you take fin .a transplant doesnt require fin permantly i hope i helped. and stress cant accelerate the mpb from what i know check ou ru and cb too
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcase View Post
    Hi all,
    This is my first post on this forum, be nice. I could really use some advice from people with a bit more experience.

So here is my crappy hair as it is now.

Some background.
    I am 27 years old, and my hair had been very slowly receeding fom my early twenties. However, in the last six months, the hairloss has gone from barely noticeable to the full on MPB you see going on there.
    It is no coincidence that six months ago I began a very stressful new Job which is also in a very male dominated work environment (Army Officer Training) and im pretty sure that this combination of stress and testosterone has had a pretty devistating effect on what hair i had left up top.

I knew Hairloss was coming, as my father and grandfathers all lost their hair, as did my younger brother who lost his much younger than me, so i was ready to just accept it and shave it all off, however Im now determined to get it back.

Long story short, Im getting divorced and dont want to be bald and single as I approach my 30s.

So I went to visit the good people at the belgravia centre in London Last week and was reccommended a combination of Propecia and Minoxidil. It would cost about 300pounds per quarter.

No doubt some of you on here will have had experience with these so I was really interested to hear what advice you had.

Have I left it too late?
    Can I get my hopes up?

As a side note, in the not too distant past I was a model for Loreal and Tony & Guy, so im sure you can imagine how losing my hair is not something I was really happy about, as much as I had accepted it as inevitable.

TLDR;
    Been to hair loss clinic, offered Propecia and Minoxidil combo. What is my realistic prognosis?

I really appreciate your help in the matter, Its not really something I want to ask anyone else about.

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    you could get decent results from a transplant and be carefull you will be single without erection that sucks, so be sure before you take fin .a transplant doesnt require fin permantly i hope i helped. and stress cant accelerate the mpb from what i know check ou ru and cb too
    Been on finasteride for over two years with zero erection problems and the same libido as I've always had. Actually wish it was a bit lower so I could get more work done. I don't get the posters, some who've never taken finasteride say things like "HAHA, EVEN IF YOU KEEP YOUR HAIR OR GET GAINZ YOU WON'T HAVE ERECTIONZ ANYMORE!!11" Studies say it's 2 to 5 percent. Even if it there was a 50% chance you would get sexual sides it would still be worth a shot to try it out and quit if you had any intolerable sides. No way it's worse than taking antidepressants.

Start with the basics which is Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral all of which combined might cost you about 60 bucks a month as opposed to a hair transplant which will range of least 2000 dollars or more. That solution is not cost effective and for someone with far more advanced pattern baldness than you are exhibiting. At best you are a Norwood 3- 4 on the scale of male pattern baldness which is mid range and heading to advanced territory. My suggestion is to do your homework and see which is best for you. My advice is to get on Finasteride with haste and follow that up with Minoxidil and Nizoral Shampoo and then you should be checking to see what progress your hair is making month to month and after a year if you detect no improvement whatsoever and hopefully no side effects you might ramp up to Dutasteride.