+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Laser Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by SI_DUDE View Post
    Whats RU/CB
    RU58841 is a compound that is used as a topical solution to stop AGA. Unfortunately it never went commercial and ultimately got scrapped. However many people (myself included) are able to purchase RU in raw powder form and dissolving it in ethanol alcohol and propylene glycol (same solution used to mix minoxidil, aka rogaine). RU's results can potentially be phenomenal but the greatest benefit from it is that side effects are far less frequent than Finasteride and far more mild thereby greatly reducing the chance of erectile dysfunction (i've yet to hear a single case of ED from RU58841).

CB is actually CB-03-01, a new compound still in clinical trials by Cosmo Pharmaceuticals which is 4X as effective as Finasteride with *zero* side effects (the goal of the new treatment was exactly that as Finasteride has castrated many men). It too is a topical solution like rogaine or RU, but outside of the lab working on it, noone knows what the vehicle is (solution used, ethanol/pg? oleyl/pg? dmi/dmso? etc.).

From the CB trials, hair density increased from 75 to around 109 grafts per cm2.

Long story short, I have scars that are visible, I need to keep my hair at a very specific length, meaning it can't be to short or to long, to short the scars show, to long it looks to sparse, thin, and frizzy.

I was not told the truth about shock loss, or further hair loss, or the amount of hair I would receive from the surgery that will actually grow. Doctors conceal a lot of facts because at the end of the day it's a business, and my Dr came highly recommend, he was said to be "the best" and he is a Christian to boot.

After three surgery’s and several years past since my last surgery I sent the doctors before and after photos he took and I basically have the same amount of hair on my head that I did the day I walked in his office for the first surgery. I asked him why I did not get the results patients with only 1 or 2 surgeries posted on his Web Site got, he said not all results are typical, and admitted the results were poor.

Meds affect my hormone levels and I would never compromise my health for hair.
    Who was your doctor? Also not sure what him being a "Christian" has do to with anything. Christians are just as prone to being terrible people as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    RU58841 is a compound that is used as a topical solution to stop AGA. Unfortunately it never went commercial and ultimately got scrapped. However many people (myself included) are able to purchase RU in raw powder form and dissolving it in ethanol alcohol and propylene glycol (same solution used to mix minoxidil, aka rogaine). RU's results can potentially be phenomenal but the greatest benefit from it is that side effects are far less frequent than Finasteride and far more mild thereby greatly reducing the chance of erectile dysfunction (i've yet to hear a single case of ED from RU58841).

CB is actually CB-03-01, a new compound still in clinical trials by Cosmo Pharmaceuticals which is 4X as effective as Finasteride with *zero* side effects (the goal of the new treatment was exactly that as Finasteride has castrated many men). It too is a topical solution like rogaine or RU, but outside of the lab working on it, noone knows what the vehicle is (solution used, ethanol/pg? oleyl/pg? dmi/dmso? etc.).

From the CB trials, hair density increased from 75 to around 109 grafts per cm2.
    So folks are already using RU\CB ? where do you buy the compounds?

So folks are already using RU\CB ? where do you buy the compounds?
    http://www.thekaneshop.com/

You have to mix the compounds yourself though and on a regular basis, RU isn't stable for very long, maximum 2 months I would say, any longer and your risking its potency, so best to make 7 day batches when needed.

I'm not sure about CB.

Being prone to hair loss after a transplant is not the surgeons fault.
    They usually recommend taking Fin.
    Who was the surgeon?

.... id call laser therapy a complete HOAX.
    LLLT is neither a hoax or a scam but it does not work for everyone and it does not work for men as well as it does for women.

Get on RU/CB or Fin/Dut/Avodart.
    There is no good quality evidence that RU/CB are safe or effective. It's all largely here say and ridiculously poor quality "before/after" photos of guys who didn’t even have MPB to begin with. I would love to see good quality before and after photos of guys who actually have MPB and saw at least reasonably good results from RU or CB. But there are none anywhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    LLLT is neither a hoax or a scam but it does not work for everyone and it does not work for men as well as it does for women.

There is no good quality evidence that RU/CB are safe or effective. It's all largely here say and ridiculously poor quality "before/after" photos of guys who didn’t even have MPB to begin with. I would love to see good quality before and after photos of guys who actually have MPB and saw at least reasonably good results from RU or CB. But there are none anywhere to be found.
    Another complete lie.

IrishPride86 has results from RU that make Finasteride look like a joke. There's plenty of evidence supporting RU. You're just another FDA lacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Being prone to hair loss after a transplant is not the surgeons fault.
    They usually recommend taking Fin.
    Who was the surgeon?
    I was not told to take Fin, or Minox after surgery, only copper peptide shampoo, which cost quite a bit. I still say I either did not get the number of transplants I was supposed to get, they did not grow or more of my own hair fell out as a result of the surgery. Let’s face it you can’t count hairs so how do you even know you got any hair at all? All I know is I never gained any hair, every surgery just seemed to maintain what I had. The scaring is defiantly not a good thing, clearly on TV ads and any consolation you will get from a surgeon they will tell you the scaring is minimal, not so, not to mention the hair below the donor area is now stretched so far the hair is thinner, and I am no longer a candidate for additional surgery, traditional surgery that is. I suppose I could still have an FUE procedure, however they are more costly and the yield (post-Surgery) is less than a conventional surgery. I do not think it is appropriate to discuss the doctors name here if you want to mail me I will tell you who it was.

Has anyone ever posted RU before/after pictures?

Another complete lie.

IrishPride86 has results from RU that make Finasteride look like a joke. There's plenty of evidence supporting RU. You're just another FDA lacky.
    TBH, RU defenders will have to come up with something new other than IrishPride, because that is the only person I see people mentioning. The guy caught his hairloss so early that finasteride and minoxidil could have given him the same results for all we know.

Other RU users claim to just have slowed down hair loss, and some complain about sexual side effects...that is exactly what fin does in some cases.

I'm not bashing RU, i'm all for it if it actually works and when it becomes available for me to use, i'd try it, definitely. It's just that this "Irishpride" guy is all RU defenders have to hold on to when speaking of RU. The guy was a slightly thin NW2 in his worst times.