+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Such a superficial person is not worth your time.[/QUOTE]

Some women are

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I was referring to how women think and feel about it. I am a much better authority on that than you.

Think again about what I said - a little harder this time. Don't waste time jumping on my case. Think about what I said.
    Damn, I am just in disagreement with you; I am not "jumping on your case" at all so relax.

I really find it hard to believe that most women simply do not care about hair loss. I think most people will agree that most men are more attractive with hair than without hair and physical attraction is a huge part of what attracts women to men in the first place, and especially on online dating and networking sites where people meet more and more frequently today. Hell, that's one of the main reason why men today are so uncomfortable with hair loss.

I thought hard about what you said, but the idea of a man telling everyone that he is wearing a wig is just not a realistic option at all. I don't know any man that would do something like that and subject himself to the ridicule, jokes, and embarrassment. I mean, when you wore hair, did you announce to everyone that you were "wearing hair"? I didn't mean to sound harsh with that last sentence (just trying to make a point), because I really do empathize with the near 10 years of living hell that you say that you went through before you rectified your hair loss.

I realize that you personally may not care if a man is bald or not, but there are plenty of women out there who do, of that I can assure you. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it unfortunately is. As Spencer says, hair loss affects every facet of a person's life, and that includes relationships with women too.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Damn, I am just in disagreement with you; I am not "jumping on your case" at all so relax.

I really find it hard to believe that most women simply do not care about hair loss. I think most people will agree that most men are more attractive with hair than without hair and physical attraction is a huge part of what attracts women to men in the first place, and especially on online dating and networking sites where people meet more and more frequently today. Hell, that's one of the main reason why men today are so uncomfortable with hair loss.

I thought hard about what you said, but the idea of a man telling everyone that he is wearing a wig is just not a realistic option at all. I don't know any man that would do something like that and subject himself to the ridicule, jokes, and embarrassment. I mean, when you wore hair, did you announce to everyone that you were "wearing hair"? I didn't mean to sound harsh with that last sentence (just trying to make a point), because I really do empathize with the near 10 years of living hell that you say that you went through before you rectified your hair loss.

I realize that you personally may not care if a man is bald or not, but there are plenty of women out there who do, of that I can assure you. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it unfortunately is. As Spencer says, hair loss affects every facet of a person's life, and that includes relationships with women too.
    I find myself surprised at agreeing here. The last time I checked from history that it was ok for men to wear wigs as a social convention was from the time of George Washington but then again as the generations passed the way society viewed baldness changed. Back in those days women had no rights and were viewed as property of their husbands just my like ancestors who were slaves and also viewed as property. Marriages were based on dowries and arranged courtship from their parents. So baldness would have no impact in the social order there.

It would become a huge factor in the modern era when women exerted their preferences and choices as to what they deemed desirable in a significant other. Just as men can be superficial and look for curves and green or blue eyes and long flowing hair as a start for appearances before looking at substance at all. Women who are superficial or who favor physical appearances over substance can demand penises of wide girth and the stamina to back that up, 6ft tall or better in height, washboard abs, solid rock hard biceps to pick them up and hair they can run their hands through all before we get to the financials and the job he has and the car he is riding around in and if he is independent.

Fred the sanitation guy with the beer gut and the comb over with the great personality is going to be lonely.

But Bill the power broker with the six figure salary, great hair , great sense of dress style who works out and drives a leased Mercedes is going to have no problem dating and that is the reality.
    Look at all the womens' magazines that showcase the ideal man or the how to get a guy in 5 dates articles all of them are shown as Caucasian, pearly white teeth, blond or brown hair and perhaps a spray tan with a well put together dress style from GQ or Abercrombie and Fitch or the GAP take your pick. The same magazines that tell women to lose weight and feel uncomfortable about themselves prop themselves in expensive high heels that give them corns and calluses and mangle their feet.

The same magazines that tell them to straighten their hair with heat and chemicals and whiten their teeth and pluck out their eyebrows and draw fake eyebrows in pencil over the plucked clean brow line. And wear extensions and weaves worth hundreds of dollars and get botox injections and shoot collagen into their lips, and finally lift and augments their breasts. The magazines that chip away at every bit of self esteem convincing those women that they aren't good enough and therefore the quality of men they are looking to date aren't good enough.

We live in a shallow society that is a fact. Looks are judged first before people even begin to look at the important stuff. And before you say no a guy can come to an interview dressed in jeans and t-shirt and have all of the qualifications for the job and leave without it. Meanwhile the guy who knows far less than he does with the nice suit and haircut and charisma gets the job and he does not know a damn thing but he marketed himself well and he sold the employers that he could do the job and they believed his salesmanship. Hair or the lack thereof to some is just like that business suit analogy.

It is an act of natural selection to choose who you are most attracted to physical from both the male and female perspective for the possibility of mating and procreation to give your offspring the best advantages of that pairing so that the family line will go on in all likelihood. Baldness in men is not only considered a taboo for some women but even in other men who will ridicule other men and jeer at their baldness. It is not considered patriarchal or even sexy unless you happen to have the face and build to pull it off and even then most of those guys will tell you they would have rather kept their hair longer.

Reality needs to give so many of you guys need a serious wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Reality needs to give so many of you guys need a serious wake up call.
    Sorry Tracy to disagree with you here but reality as it is exists today is fairly superficial in its social media content meaning that people in the majority out there reflect that. It is the exceptional person who will see you or someone else as not unworthy based on lack of hair or superficial traits. The key word being exceptional here and not conforming to the current trends of the mainstream society or viewing people through its distorted lens.
    I have seen men who lost their toupees in the wind or their hairpieces laughed at in the street by men and women alike to the embarrassment of those men.

I have both watched and heard women when approached in bars or social events by relatively nice guys who happen to be bald looking to start up a friendly conversation say " keep walking f-cking baldy I am not interested in you maybe a shine rag is interested in you for a fine polish but I am not." And her girlfriends are laughing with her and at the guy publicly while he walks away the object of their derision.

The social stigma exists for men as well and pretending that wigs worn by men are looked upon by the majority of women out there as acceptable is simply not true.