+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidd View Post
    My Endocrinologist put me on Clomid which I took for two months (I waited until about a month and a half after seeing the first signs of gyno to start taking it) and it didn't help at all.

I then tried a steroid forma stanzol which apparently destroys gyno, but I used it for about three weeks and it didn't seem to work and I felt my hair was getting worse (even though people mentioned it should block DHT if anything).

IDK what else I could try, I'm about 6 months from first signs of gyno....any ideas? I know there is Letro but idk how to get it or if it would make my hair fall out (or if it would even be able to help my gyno at this stage)
    Anti-estrogens will increase your testosterone, and the increase may be quite dramatic. Routinely it is about +60% (exemestane, tamoxifen, anastrozole), but letrozole can boost your test by +200%! And I saw some studies, in which anti-estrogens disproportionately increased DHT. In any case, they will lower SHBG, which will increase the proportion of free androgens. In summary, they are not the best choice for a MPB sufferer. They may get you into a vicious circle.

Nevertheless, small doses of anastrozole (something like 0.25 mg/day) may be a good compromise. But first of all, you must map your hormonal levels in detail: testosterone, DHT, estradiol, free testosterone, SHBG...

Quote Originally Posted by marikeo View Post
    Sorry for the ignorant question. What is PHG? Is there a link to get in the queue for a group buy?

Appreciate your quick reply!
    Just bumping this question. How specifically can I order RU?

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Anti-estrogens will increase your testosterone, and the increase may be quite dramatic. Routinely it is about +60% (exemestane, tamoxifen, anastrozole), but letrozole can boost your test by +200%! And I saw some studies, in which anti-estrogens disproportionately increased DHT. In any case, they will lower SHBG, which will increase the proportion of free androgens. In summary, they are not the best choice for a MPB sufferer. They may get you into a vicious circle.

Nevertheless, small doses of anastrozole (something like 0.25 mg/day) may be a good compromise. But first of all, you must map your hormonal levels in detail: testosterone, DHT, estradiol, free testosterone, SHBG...
    WarLord, my endo did blood work on me and said my test levels are normal and my estrogen levels were also completely normal right during my gyno coming on.

He said what probably happened is that the Avodart made my breast tissue more suseptable to the amount of estrogen in my body and caused the growth. So in other words, not an increase in estrogen that caused it, but an increase in my bodies sensitivity to the normal estrogen levels in my body. SUCKS.

I tried forma stanzol which if you do a search is shown to kill gyno and from what I read it shouldn't have increased DHT. However this seemed to make my hair a decent amount worse after two weeks and didn't help the gyno at all so I stopped. Clomid didn't work either. My hair is really sensitive and also in pretty bad shape...so I don't think Letro is something I would try.

$5,000 for surgery isn't the worst thing ever I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidd View Post
    WarLord, my endo did blood work on me and said my test levels are normal and my estrogen levels were also completely normal right during my gyno coming on.

He said what probably happened is that the Avodart made my breast tissue more suseptable to the amount of estrogen in my body and caused the growth. So in other words, not an increase in estrogen that caused it, but an increase in my bodies sensitivity to the normal estrogen levels in my body. SUCKS.

I tried forma stanzol which if you do a search is shown to kill gyno and from what I read it shouldn't have increased DHT. However this seemed to make my hair a decent amount worse after two weeks and didn't help the gyno at all so I stopped. Clomid didn't work either. My hair is really sensitive and also in pretty bad shape...so I don't think Letro is something I would try.

$5,000 for surgery isn't the worst thing ever I guess...
    Do you have the exact numbers? I really don't know, how dut could increase the sensitivity of your estrogen receptors. Rather, it should do the opposite. Remember that if you don't know your initial levels, you have no idea about the degree of hormonal changes in your body. Your levels may be "normal", but the shifts within the "normal" range may have been substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Do you have the exact numbers? I really don't know, how dut could increase the sensitivity of your estrogen receptors. Rather, it should do the opposite. Remember that if you don't know your initial levels, you have no idea about the degree of hormonal changes in your body. Your levels may be "normal", but the shifts within the "normal" range may have been substantial.
    I do not have levels from before the Avodart I do not believe. Does normal bloodwork have DHT levels as well or not?

I had bloodwork done like 3 years ago...idk if I could compare that with now or not and see where the estrogen levels are. Either way, the only variable was Avodart, and after 8 pills over one month I started to see a little gyno. Immediately stopped and about a month later got on Clomid and it continued to get worse...now it has reached steady state and is moderately bad...

Avodart caused me to gain a bunch of weight too so I'm sure that is contributing to the gyno.

Thanks for your input though, I haven't had anyone to talk about this with so I appreciate it.

I am in the same boat as the OP
    Finasteride did nothing for me

I just ordered RU and dutasteride

I am not sure if I should stick with Fin and add RU to see if that works
    Or drop Fin and go with RU and Dut

My only concern is that I dont want to overdo it right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by hwildcat View Post
    I am in the same boat as the OP
    Finasteride did nothing for me

I just ordered RU and dutasteride

I am not sure if I should stick with Fin and add RU to see if that works
    Or drop Fin and go with RU and Dut

My only concern is that I dont want to overdo it right off the bat.
    I just ordered RU today as well. I would not recommend quitting Fin cold turkey. I would taper off slowly. And I wouldn't even do that until you are sure you are seeing results with RU.