+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Fin should always be used first over Dut. The reason is your more likely to have side effects with DUT because it blocks a lot more DHT than Fin does. Read the article from Bald Truth where Spencer Kobren discusses the differences between the two. Dut should only be used if Fin doesn't work. You have to give Fin a year to see if it works for you. Fin works for 9 out of 10 men. Those are pretty good odds.

According to Spencer Kobren:

"Propecia should always be your first line of attack. According to clinical trials you have almost a 90% chance of stopping the progression of your hair loss and a significant chance of regrowing hair that’s been lost within the past 5 years or so. If you fall within the small percentage of men who do not see benefits from Propecia you can always talk to your doctor about the possibility of using Dutasteride."

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/ask-ques...ia-vs-avodart/
    ...and if it doesn't work, you will end up totally frustrated and broken, with a lot of hair gone forever, and you will post a video on YouTube showing how you are throwing finasteride pills into a toilet bowl.

Why should anybody start with a less efficient medication, when he can have a much better result with a more efficient one? Remember that the results are usually dictated by Murphy's laws - similarly like in my case. I was afraid that finasteride wouldn't work and that it would further exacerbate my hairloss. And this exactly happened.

As I already wrote elsewhere, the chances of young men are lower than 90%. It is more like 80%, and there is also a higher probability that their hairloss will renew in the following years. Furtermore, they lose hair at a pretty fast rate. I repeat: IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND YOUR HAIRLOSS IS FAST, DON'T PLAY WITH FINASTERIDE AND JUMP DIRECTLY ON DUTASTERIDE!

This clever boy understood it very early:
    http://www.*****************/interact...egrowth-Dut%29

One of the funniest things is the eroneous idea that dutasteride produces more side effects, because it is "stronger". However, this has never been demonstrated. The differences between fin and dut in this regard are minute. In fact, as for the "sexual side effects" (the most feared by certain groups of men), dut can actually increase libido, which is logical, owing to its more profound effect on testosterone levels.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    As far as I know, this happens in ca. 0.5% men. But in ca. 50% men on this forum LOL
    Yeah I'm one of the lucky ones that Propecia doesn't work for after 4 years of use and I can't take DUT because of this problem. I dont know what "ca. 0.5% of men" means...the ca part.

But yeah I'm sure it is super rare....why me, why me.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Your next best bet would be RU or CB..and obviously minox
    Can you tell me how you order RU?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marikeo View Post
    Can you tell me how you order RU?

Thanks!
    Through PHG, they have group buys to get it cheap and the admin tests it to make sure it's real so we don't get any fake stuff..PHG is a private forum specializing in cutting edge treatments.

I've never had any issues with Avodart. No breast growth, or impotence issues. Maybe lower sex drive? I don't know. I can't be certain. Which basically means, if I can't be certain it's not an issue enough to give you any warnings.
    Try it out, but remember everyone is different, so you may experience Gyno but I would say it's a long shot!

Through PHG, they have group buys to get it cheap and the admin tests it to make sure it's real so we don't get any fake stuff..PHG is a private forum specializing in cutting edge treatments.
    Sorry for the ignorant question. What is PHG? Is there a link to get in the queue for a group buy?

Appreciate your quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidd View Post
    Yeah I'm one of the lucky ones that Propecia doesn't work for after 4 years of use and I can't take DUT because of this problem. I dont know what "ca. 0.5% of men" means...the ca part.

But yeah I'm sure it is super rare....why me, why me.
    If you have gyno, you can counterbalance it with anti-estrogens. It is too early to give it up.

Your next best bet would be RU or CB..and obviously minox
    Should be the first bet, lol. Ive had GREAT results off RU and Minox.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    If you have gyno, you can counterbalance it with anti-estrogens. It is too early to give it up.
    My Endocrinologist put me on Clomid which I took for two months (I waited until about a month and a half after seeing the first signs of gyno to start taking it) and it didn't help at all.

I then tried a steroid forma stanzol which apparently destroys gyno, but I used it for about three weeks and it didn't seem to work and I felt my hair was getting worse (even though people mentioned it should block DHT if anything).

IDK what else I could try, I'm about 6 months from first signs of gyno....any ideas? I know there is Letro but idk how to get it or if it would make my hair fall out (or if it would even be able to help my gyno at this stage)

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Should be the first bet, lol. Ive had GREAT results off RU and Minox.
    Yes, his hair will probably thicken after RU. But it also depends on the thickness of his wallet.