+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When do you decide that you are going bald?

I *think* I am in the very early stages of going bald. At first it was just a mature/receding hairline, but recently my hair has just felt way harder to style.

I always use to think I had nice thick hair, now it seems like it's much finer and sits flat on my head. It's especially noticeable when my hair is wet. I am also noticing a lot of hair comes out when I run my hand through my hair.

Friends/family/doctor all say that my hair looks fine and to just 'keep an eye on it'. At what point do I need to decide to get treatment? Any suggestions on the point where you just know that you're going bald?

thanks

Maybe at the age of 18 or so. It was hard to style it as the way I wanted to but it was thick all over the scalp. I didn't think about hair loss back then and accepted it as it was.

It's a complete different story now (3-4 years after). I'm a NW5 atm and still losing hair lika a maniac. Start with a treatment asap if you notice your hair getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by birchlore View Post
    I *think* I am in the very early stages of going bald. At first it was just a mature/receding hairline, but recently my hair has just felt way harder to style.

I always use to think I had nice thick hair, now it seems like it's much finer and sits flat on my head. It's especially noticeable when my hair is wet. I am also noticing a lot of hair comes out when I run my hand through my hair.

Friends/family/doctor all say that my hair looks fine and to just 'keep an eye on it'. At what point do I need to decide to get treatment? Any suggestions on the point where you just know that you're going bald?

thanks
    Seek treatment as soon as you notice your hair thinning unless you do not care.
    Difficulty styling is a classic sign

Noticing yourself is the first step, after that other people start noticing. Then it maybe too late. take action now

Yeah, the sooner the better for your chances of holding onto the hair you currently have. If you haven't already done so; research available treatments and decide what is best for you.

Mine started as early as 7th grade. Hair was shedding badly, I was a kid, 12-13 years old, so I didn't know what was going on. I did question myself why is my hair falling like that, but I thought nothing of it. From 14-15 it stayed the same. At 16 my hair line started receding and that was when I and everyone else noticed I had hair loss. So at 16, incredibly, I had already lost 50% of my hair I guess. At 18 my hair line still looked nice though, it just looked matured, then at 19 I was an NW3.

I'm 24 now and I am really confused as to what NW I am, last year I posted pics here and members said i'm an NW3. Right now I am NW3A diffused. Maybe I am lying to myself and i'm really a NW IV diffused. I just don't know. But hopefully in a couple of months my hair would thicken enough to put me back at a definite NW3, and then by 12 months I could have a thick NW3, with my type of hair I can just let it grow and cover my forehead with it. But I have a long way to go.

Start treating it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Start treating it ASAP.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ignore naysayers and just get started with treatment, if you're positive you want to keep your hair.

Yep, start as soon as possible. Everyone on here who is currently treating their hairloss wishes they would of started earlier. Don't be one of those guys. You will regret it. Do some research, start treating it, stop reading hairloss boards, and move on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Yep, start as soon as possible. Everyone on here who is currently treating their hairloss wishes they would of started earlier. Don't be one of those guys. You will regret it. Do some research, start treating it, stop reading hairloss boards, and move on with life.
    Word for word exactly. I can relate to this 100%. Wish I started earlier and stuck to it.