+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Get OFF of Fin and use topicals like RU and CB.

Fin has no greater or lesser benefit when used at 1mg or 5mg, the results are the same. Dutasteride is much stronger. If you wanna meddle with your hormones and risk reduced libido, impotence, etc, by all means continue with oral DHT inhibitors and keep supporting Merck as continued efforts with Finasteride is part of the problem and reason why there arent legitimate solutions for hair loss.
    Why do people think that propecia has anything to do with the lack of viable treatments? Propecia was a collosal failure for Merck period, their patent is expiring, and you can buy generic proscar so to suggest that Merck is somehow preventing future treatments to protect a medication that was a failure and they don't even have a corner on the market is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I have stated nothing but facts.

Show me the repeated scientific and verifiable clinical trials that fall behind either RU or CB supporting their use over Finasteride or Dutasteride with results that are shown over a period of time.

Wait. There are none. That is a fact.

Fact.
    RU costs well over $200 for a new batch whereas Fin for 2 months worth of pills costs closer to $60 dollars or less. One months of Avodart (Dutasteride) costs about $40.

Fact. Finasteride is an FDA approved drug with nearly 20 years of testing behind it with side effects that have been disclosed openly to its users. Whereas Dutasteride is not FDA approved.

Fact. Finasteride blocks up to 70 percent serum DHT in a majority of the cases whereas Dutasteride blocks up to 93 percent serum DHT.

Fact. Neither of the orally ingested DHT inhibitors I.E. Finasteride or Dutasteride may work due to the varietythe of nature of individual biochemistry of the user taking them. In some cases you have reflex hyperandrogenicity which simply means your body is releasing more DHT that is damaging your hair in response to you putting in a drug that is trying to defeat them. Therefore more shed and instead of more progress you have a huge setback.

Fact. Neither Dutasteride or Finasteride may NOT work because of the length of time your hairs have stayed in a miniaturized state. The arrector pilli muscle in the hair follicle shaft might have atrophied to a point where it is beyond repair or simply gone..this is the muscle that pushes the weaker androgen shrunken hairs out and pushes up the new hair growing under it that is of course in a anagen phase instead of an telogen phase.

Fact. Androgenic Alopecia is an insidious process that is gradual over time meaning within 5 - 10 years a person can go from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 4 scale in the male pattern baldness chart. Genetics, hormonal changes and time determine the speed and rate over time of the hair loss. Just like alopecia of that nature takes time it takes a considerable amount of time at least a year to reverse it out and the best things we have for it are topicals like Minoxidil 5 percent that aid in the growth process extending it effectively. Finasteride or Avodart that work internally to negate to process internally and then finally a ketoconazole based shampoo either Nizoral or Regenepure that aid in cleansing the DHT from the scalp itself with salicylic acid, saw palmetto, ketoconazole, caffeine among other ingredients that help to unblock the crap in your follicle shaft allowing hair to stop being choked off directly by 5AR enzyme and the DHT directly attacking the hair receptors
    Here are my results with Minox and RU:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12390

ps. Fact.

One experience does not I.E equal or translate to a fact sir that the drugs are scientific proven to work across the board for a percent of men against some placebo or say in comparison to Dutasteride and Finasteride and charted over a year's time. When that does happen then I will retract my statements in due fairness.

In point of fact you are using Minoxidil , CB, RU and Saw Palmetto and Nizoral in concert. So from your results which are good it is not really conclusive as to which of the two products are doing the job of regrowth in terms of general effectiveness although it would be easy to assume both. Not to mention it wasn't an easy ride to get to where you are but I congratulate you on your results nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You need about 4 more months to really judge fin. If it is not helping after 1 year total I would probably switch to dut. If you handle fin fine (no or minimal sides) you most likely will be fine on dut.

You can experiment with topicals too but I would stay on the oral inhibitors, they are by far the most dependable/convenient hair loss treatments and they work.
    Good luck
    I never had any sides on Propecia and got bad gyno after only 8 Avodarts over a one month period (every Tuesday and Thursday).....So just keep an eye on it.

This is just my opinion, so not worth a whole lot, but I would say that you should go with your gut. As I understand it, scientists are not totally sure what it is that causes hair loss (so some of these medicines might not increase DHT but they might increase PGD2 or some other chemical, which could be enough to tip things), and my personal feeling is that I don't trust the current crop of medicines at all.

If people out there have used them and feel that they've gotten good results, all the best. But once I found out about the shedding, I wanted nothing to do with them.

Couple things about your personal experience though. On some level it sounds like things have progressed fairly quickly over the course of a year, which sounds fast to me for normal hair loss progression. If you think that the medicine could be the cause, I would seriously consider not taking it anymore, unless someone can state emphatically that you could still be in a shedding stage that's lasting this long. It seems like very few people get good results from these treatments, so by stopping something that could be contributing to the loss, I don't see that you really lose anything.

HOWEVER, a few things to keep in mind. You say that you're a NW2, which would actually not be that severe a state to be in (although I'm sure it seems bad to you). You really need to keep a couple things in mind. There's a very strong possibility that it seems much worse and more noticeable to you than it does to anyone else. If this is a fairly new thing, your emotional/psychological reaction to it may stabilize at a certain point and you may realize that it's actually pretty minimal. If there's any one thing I could stress to younger people with some hair loss (or anyone actually), it's that there is a world of difference between experiencing some thinning and being "balding" or completely bald. Just because something is in its early stages doesn't mean it's going to progress really rapidly; it could happen gradually or even slow down dramatically.

I think you should very much resist the urge to stay inside and hide out even if it feels hard, especially at first; just do your best to regularly remind yourself that it's probably not as obvious as you fear, you are not disqualified from anything, especially as you are in the early stages, and that if it is happening, and it will progress, it would be really good to take this opportunity to be a little bolder and more decisive when it comes to the main thing that most people are concerned about when it comes to hair loss, at least the younger people, which is pursuing romantic interests. It might be hard to sort this out mentally in way that feels stable and leaves you feeling confident, but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good; you just need to get things to the point where you are able to function well, regardless of if it's perfect or not.

So that's my little response, feel free to take it, take some of it, or leave all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    I have been on 1.25mg finas(Proscar) for 8 months. Before i started it i was at nw1 just normal shedding. I wanted to prevent for further loss and started proscar . In this 8 months period i jus got a big shed,no stop,no regrowth..
    I lost my %60 of my density in just 1 year

Now i am at month 7 i have diffuse thinning on my crown/templates/vertex. It is still going worse. I am at NW2 now. You can see my scalp on the lighting.

I am 24 years old. I am depressed, dont want to go out, everyday i look at the mirror and seeing my dead hair roots.

What should i do? is there anybody like me??
    Please help me... Need advice...
    Hey secrethero, I know this post is old, but whatever happened to you man. Finasteride and dutasteride were messed me up too. My hairloss was accelerated at an unbelievable pace and even after quitting both of them I cannot get it to stop. Did you figure it out? Let me know man...

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    What should i do then?

1.Quit finas
    2. Increase finas dose
    3. Start dutasteride
    4. Take finas and dutas together
    5. Decrease finas dose to 0.5mg/day
    I was faced with these same choices, after 13 months on fin I switched to dut to no effect and then I quit all AA's, been four months and no change stl shedding like 200+ hairs a day

Smile

Dear secrethero89,

I went to similar situation than you after taking propecia (even though I took it for just days). I am still shedding but now I know that my system has reduce the overcompensation of DHT. You can see the post about my current situation in http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14950.

In short words, I am trying homeopathic drugs because after finasteride I started to shed more, my sebum increased dramatically, etc. Hope you can have positives results as mine or even better.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Finasteride does not increase DHT levels. You may get a shed that lasts a while, but it does NOT progress hair loss.

IF youre still losing hair even on Finasteride, you probably have an unfortunate case of AGA.

Try RU and CB if finasteride still proves useless. Keep an eye out on the horizon for BNP-32 as well as the study showed it put every treatment on the market to SHAME.
    Is there an effective CB vehicle available?

Quote Originally Posted by mpbsucks View Post
    Is there an effective CB vehicle available?
    This prolonged never ending shed from fin is is killing me. Hey secrethero, can I get an update on your current situation? Did you get the shedding to stop and if so, how'd you do it?