+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Get OFF of Fin and use topicals like RU and CB.

Fin has no greater or lesser benefit when used at 1mg or 5mg, the results are the same. Dutasteride is much stronger. If you wanna meddle with your hormones and risk reduced libido, impotence, etc, by all means continue with oral DHT inhibitors and keep supporting Merck as continued efforts with Finasteride is part of the problem and reason why there arent legitimate solutions for hair loss.
    Couldn't agree more! Well said!

Read this entire thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11145

Makes Finasteride and Minoxidil combined look like SHIT. (actually, both are shit, cant believe 30 years ago we could have had a cure for hair loss)
    Thanks, Bud.

Sorry, what's RU and CB?

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    What should i do then?

1.Quit finas
    2. Increase finas dose
    3. Start dutasteride
    4. Take finas and dutas together
    5. Decrease finas dose to 0.5mg/day
    You need about 4 more months to really judge fin. If it is not helping after 1 year total I would probably switch to dut. If you handle fin fine (no or minimal sides) you most likely will be fine on dut.

You can experiment with topicals too but I would stay on the oral inhibitors, they are by far the most dependable/convenient hair loss treatments and they work.
    Good luck

keep supporting Merck as continued efforts with Finasteride is part of the problem and reason why there arent legitimate solutions for hair loss.
    Fin is a commercial flop.

Anyone? These abbreviations are hard to decode if you don't read the forum every week. RU and CB?

RU is an experimental topical drug that is mixed with alcohol you have to play chemist to mix the right ratio in your home and the side effects can potentially be unpleasant. CB is also experimental both are not approved by the FDA and have no scientific or clinical trials behind them to the extent as Dutasteride or Finasteride. So if you wish to play rocket science with your scalp and your balls by all means try RU and CB and these stir and shake clapping monkey with cymbals concoctions the desperate are willing to throw on their heads to sprout a few hairs.

Ridiculous.

Finasteride has to cycle through your system through your system for at least a year to undo the damage and in that time the shedding cycle thought to be a worsening of the condition is actually the drug pushing out hairs that were already impacted by DHT or in a rest phase and ready to be pushed out to make room to the new growing hair in the follicular shaft. Regular unaffected people shed hairs by the hundreds only to have it replaced the aberration is that nothing new is growing back in its place.

Your body might be fighting the Finasteride or it might simply be that your version of androgenic alopecia might be fairly aggressive and winning the battle as the Finasteride might be too weak to make a solid impact depending on your Norwood scale of male pattern baldness and how long your hair has existed in that state.

This is all speculation unless you get your blood checked out and your scalp looked at by a medical expert in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    RU is an experimental topical drug that is mixed with alcohol you have to play chemist to mix the right ratio in your home and the side effects can potentially be unpleasant. CB is also experimental both are not approved by the FDA and have no scientific or clinical trials behind them to the extent as Dutasteride or Finasteride. So if you wish to play rocket science with your scalp and your balls by all means try RU and CB and these stir and shake clapping monkey with cymbals concoctions the desperate are willing to throw on their heads to sprout a few hairs.

Ridiculous.
    This is a grossly misleading comment. Shame that people will read it.

This is a grossly misleading comment. Shame that people will read it.
    I have stated nothing but facts.

Show me the repeated scientific and verifiable clinical trials that fall behind either RU or CB supporting their use over Finasteride or Dutasteride with results that are shown over a period of time.

Wait. There are none. That is a fact.

Fact.
    RU costs well over $200 for a new batch whereas Fin for 2 months worth of pills costs closer to $60 dollars or less. One months of Avodart (Dutasteride) costs about $40.

Fact. Finasteride is an FDA approved drug with nearly 20 years of testing behind it with side effects that have been disclosed openly to its users. Whereas Dutasteride is not FDA approved.

Fact. Finasteride blocks up to 70 percent serum DHT in a majority of the cases whereas Dutasteride blocks up to 93 percent serum DHT.

Fact. Neither of the orally ingested DHT inhibitors I.E. Finasteride or Dutasteride may work due to the varietythe of nature of individual biochemistry of the user taking them. In some cases you have reflex hyperandrogenicity which simply means your body is releasing more DHT that is damaging your hair in response to you putting in a drug that is trying to defeat them. Therefore more shed and instead of more progress you have a huge setback.

Fact. Neither Dutasteride or Finasteride may NOT work because of the length of time your hairs have stayed in a miniaturized state. The arrector pilli muscle in the hair follicle shaft might have atrophied to a point where it is beyond repair or simply gone..this is the muscle that pushes the weaker androgen shrunken hairs out and pushes up the new hair growing under it that is of course in a anagen phase instead of an telogen phase.

Fact. Androgenic Alopecia is an insidious process that is gradual over time meaning within 5 - 10 years a person can go from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 4 scale in the male pattern baldness chart. Genetics, hormonal changes and time determine the speed and rate over time of the hair loss. Just like alopecia of that nature takes time it takes a considerable amount of time at least a year to reverse it out and the best things we have for it are topicals like Minoxidil 5 percent that aid in the growth process extending it effectively. Finasteride or Avodart that work internally to negate to process internally and then finally a ketoconazole based shampoo either Nizoral or Regenepure that aid in cleansing the DHT from the scalp itself with salicylic acid, saw palmetto, ketoconazole, caffeine among other ingredients that help to unblock the crap in your follicle shaft allowing hair to stop being choked off directly by 5AR enzyme and the DHT directly attacking the hair receptors

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    I have been on 1.25mg finas(Proscar) for 8 months. Before i started it i was at nw1 just normal shedding. I wanted to prevent for further loss and started proscar . In this 8 months period i jus got a big shed,no stop,no regrowth..
    I lost my %60 of my density in just 1 year

Now i am at month 7 i have diffuse thinning on my crown/templates/vertex. It is still going worse. I am at NW2 now. You can see my scalp on the lighting.

I am 24 years old. I am depressed, dont want to go out, everyday i look at the mirror and seeing my dead hair roots.

What should i do? is there anybody like me??
    Please help me... Need advice...
    Where are your DHT levels? How can someone assess your situation, when you don't know, what is happening in your body? My blood tests showed very early that finasteride was completely useless for me. That's why I have been on dutasteride for nearly 3 months, and my DHT levels finally started to drop.

Finasteride is an outdated drug, although it still has a lot of supporters. The problem is that the individual variability in response to fin is very large; in some individuals it can work great, while in others it basically does nothing. A dual 5-AR inhibitor like dutasteride erases these differences almost completely.

Oh, yes, I forgot those "side effects". Blah blah blah... Go figure, my only sides on dut are increased libido and acne.