+ Reply to Thread

Thread: finasteride

Default finasteride

Even though i never thought id get to this point, i feel like i'm losing ground faster then i want so i wana get on fin. I know it'll be tough to get it since i'm 16, but since i am WAY ahead of my age in terms of physical development (i mean i have a FULL beard, full chest hair etc) i don't think the whole "it ****s with puberty" idea concerns me. Anyways, as a CANADIAN, where do i go for a prescription? Do i just go to a walk in clinic and see a general physician? Someone please answer, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaymin View Post
    Even though i never thought id get to this point, i feel like i'm losing ground faster then i want so i wana get on fin. I know it'll be tough to get it since i'm 16, but since i am WAY ahead of my age in terms of physical development (i mean i have a FULL beard, full chest hair etc) i don't think the whole "it ****s with puberty" idea concerns me. Anyways, as a CANADIAN, where do i go for a prescription? Do i just go to a walk in clinic and see a general physician? Someone please answer, thanks
    It has to be prescribed to you by your doctor and he wont do it because you are 16, you have to be 18 to take fin, you might have the whole full beard chest hair thing going on but it doesn't mean your body has finished puberty yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    It has to be prescribed to you by your doctor and he wont do it because you are 16, you have to be 18 to take fin, you might have the whole full beard chest hair thing going on but it doesn't mean your body has finished puberty yet.
    but i've seen posts and heard stories of 17 year old guys getting low does fin o i just figured...

you dont wanna mess with Fin at 16 bro

Get some tests done.

See a doctor and say you're considering medication to treat your male pattern baldness, but would like some baseline measurements of testosterone, DHT and so on.

I'd advise a great deal of caution and at least get tests done to see where you are hormonally.

Normally I'm an advocate of at least trying out finasteride but 16 is way too young, imo. Use a ketoconazole shampoo and maybe minoxidil (I have no experience with it)?? You have way too much growing up to do at 16 to be messing with your hormones just yet.

You could try Saw Palmetto

my doc prescribed it to me when i was 17 about 5 months ago (18 now). At first there was a decrease in libido but after a month or two everything was fine and my hairloss started to decline a bit