+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hair Congress

Default Hair Congress

How do we plan on ensuring that the information presented at the Hair Congress is available to us? I mean, it is coming up rapidly, but what does that mean if we have no way of getting the information? Any thoughts?

Also, I gotta say, I am a senior in college, and hair loss is the most devastating thing to experience. I literally have to wear a hat everywhere I go and it constricts me in everything I do. I dare someone to argue that, on a college campus, hair loss isn't stigmatized. These girls hold so much power over me in large part because I am follically challenged. At least I get really good grades, but there is only so much more I can put up with.. the suffering is becoming unbearable

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    How do we plan on ensuring that the information presented at the Hair Congress is available to us? I mean, it is coming up rapidly, but what does that mean if we have no way of getting the information? Any thoughts?

Also, I gotta say, I am a senior in college, and hair loss is the most devastating thing to experience. I literally have to wear a hat everywhere I go and it constricts me in everything I do. I dare someone to argue that, on a college campus, hair loss isn't stigmatized. These girls hold so much power over me in large part because I am follically challenged. At least I get really good grades, but there is only so much more I can put up with.. the suffering is becoming unbearable
    Become a woman and then bitch about it. You'll surely have support groups that care. Society doesnt give a fvck about men.

i was hoping for a bit more insightful/optimistic/helpful reply...

i was hoping for a bit more insightful/optimistic/helpful reply...
    I wouldnt worry about that. We have Desmond to fill us in about news, lol.

But seriously, there will be plenty of resources, just keep checking the website.

Not sure if anyone here suffers from back/disc problems.. but a testament to the extraordinary advances in regenerative medicine is the company Mesoblast. today they released amazing results in which they actually regenerated degenerated spinal disc in HUMANS

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Become a woman and then bitch about it. You'll surely have support groups that care. Society doesnt give a fvck about men.
    I kind of agree with you. Women who suffer from hair loss get treated with compassion and empathy while men who suffer from hair loss have to deal with jokes, ridicule, and that little turd nuggett George Costanza. The double standard is amazing.

Not sure if anyone here suffers from back/disc problems.. but a testament to the extraordinary advances in regenerative medicine is the company Mesoblast. today they released amazing results in which they actually regenerated degenerated spinal disc in HUMANS
    Thats bigger news than all the shit about the 19 year old bomber in boston.

Media and public are so hung up on that. Instead of improving the quality of life, theyre obsessed with how life is destroyed.

Hey man I know it sucks but you shouldn't worry so much about it. Most importantly don't let some comment by some dumb slut affect you. College can be like that but don't let it get you down and work as hard as you can. Then focus on getting a good job as soon as you get out (start taking action now if you haven't already started). Your hair will matter less and less as you get older, and career will count more and more.

The trend in the science and industry is definitely positive, and I think we probably will be able to get an aesthetically acceptable result in the next few years, which would leave us plenty of years with hair afterwards.

For now there is nothing else to do but try to maintain and wait for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Hey man I know it sucks but you shouldn't worry so much about it. Most importantly don't let some comment by some dumb slut affect you. College can be like that but don't let it get you down and work as hard as you can. Then focus on getting a good job as soon as you get out (start taking action now if you haven't already started). Your hair will matter less and less as you get older, and career will count more and more.

The trend in the science and industry is definitely positive, and I think we probably will be able to get an aesthetically acceptable result in the next few years, which would leave us plenty of years with hair afterwards.

For now there is nothing else to do but try to maintain and wait for the updates.
    thanks for your reply man. I agree, and i am thankful I understand this concept. This is in large part the reason I have skipped out on the partying and instead study my brains off.. I am about to graduate with a 3.9 gpa.. but who cares if you can't get any girls to like you? or worse, you dont even like yourself.... I swear this hair loss disease gnaws away at your soul slowly but surely...

Idk guys, I can just try and remain optimistic, I am just really worried because I am investing a lot of faith in this Hair Congress... with all those presentations, if there is no indication that a substantial treatment is on the way firmly in the next 2-3 years... Idk what I'll do with myself

Sorry to hear about your problems, stayhopeful. Discovering my hairloss upset me a great deal, and negatively affected my life a lot since, and that was 7 to 8 after graduating from university, let alone during that time. I honestly hope that there will be something that offers a new and effective solution for you and other younger hairloss sufferers by at least the time you reach my current age now.