+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hair Congress

On the issue of the hairloss congress, IMO an important issue to find out about is topical finasteride, as in, it is merely a subject of a case study, or a potential product? It won't be a game-changer, I know, but something like that could make a real positive difference to many MPB sufferers, if only as a stop-gap until better stuff arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems, stayhopeful. Discovering my hairloss upset me a great deal, and negatively affected my life a lot since, and that was 7 to 8 after graduating from university, let alone during that time. I honestly hope that there will be something that offers a new and effective solution for you and other younger hairloss sufferers by at least the time you reach my current age now.
    Yeah man, the only thing that gets me through is faith that something will come through and I can repair my hairline while I'm still young so I can make up for all this suffering. Thankfully I look pretty good with new era hats but I feel people get suspicious why I wear a hat everrryday

Stayhopeful, most of us here can relate to you 100%. We're in the same boat. Instead of a hat I use concealer. But I am very insecure walking around with it to and from college. The worst part is when I take the Toppik off every night and show my true self. I know it's how you feel when you get home and take off your hat, you look in the mirror and just feel like sh-t about your situation. The feeling never changes either, it's the same the first time you see your hair loss and the 365th time you see it, and the 730th time, and so on. The feeling of "sh-t" when you look at your balding head just never gets old.

I'm sorry that you're suffering like I am. What university are you at? You can just tell me the state and if it's public or private if you want. And what year are you?

Keep your ears tuned in brotha for the hair congress. Today the worlds top regenerative medicine company, mesoblast, announced that they have successfully regenerated spinal disc in humans in a phase II trial and they are prepping for phase iii. There's no reason we don't have a shot to hear similar news from one of these companies in the next couple of weeks, then we will still have to wait but at least we will have the comfort of knowing a successful product is right on the way in its final phase of testing

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Stayhopeful, most of us here can relate to you 100%. We're in the same boat. Instead of a hat I use concealer. But I am very insecure walking around with it to and from college. The worst part is when I take the Toppik off every night and show my true self. I know it's how you feel when you get home and take off your hat, you look in the mirror and just feel like sh-t about your situation. The feeling never changes either, it's the same the first time you see your hair loss and the 365th time you see it, and the 730th time, and so on. The feeling of "sh-t" when you look at your balding head just never gets old.

yeah but then the issue will be effectiveness on people with at least a couple years of thinning or more... Histogen is definitely not curing your MPB

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    yeah but then the issue will be effectiveness on people with at least a couple years of thinning or more... Histogen is definitely not curing your MPB
    A couple years of thinning is not likely enough to make a dramatic difference. I've been receding and thinning for ten years and im an NW3.

Everyones AGA is different.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    A couple years of thinning is not likely enough to make a dramatic difference. I've been receding and thinning for ten years and im an NW3.

Everyones AGA is different.
    Well then you are incredibly lucky, my thinning is on express pace, without meds i will be bald in under a year, no 2 ways about it

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    Well then you are incredibly lucky, my thinning is on express pace, without meds i will be bald in under a year, no 2 ways about it
    I feel for you, man. Let's hope we hear some game changing news very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    We are in the same boat mate. I'll probably be a NW6 by 2014 if my new regimen doesn't work.