+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutasteride

Default Dutasteride

Hi everyone

Has anyone tried Dutasteride? The reason I ask is that Fin isn't working for me. I want to try Dutasteride to see if I respond to it. Few questions:

1) Does it work better than fin?
    2) Which version should I get? I notice on inhouseparmacy there is Dutagen, Dutas and Avodart. The price differences between these is fairly substantial.

PS: Is inhousepharmacy a reputable source for these meds?

Thanks in advance

How long have you been taking Fin?

Hi and welcome. I am kinda in the same boat as you are.

I have been on fin for almost 3 months. I have had two minor sheds but combined my frontal hair looks thinner. However, I had a hair transplant so some of it could have been shock loss right behind the implants.

Someone on here has also suggested I switch to DUT .However, I went through minor side effects on Fin and now have none, and I am not sure about chucking that out the window for an even stronger med.

I too am wondering just how much better DUT is and if it will actually regrow hair

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hi and welcome. I am kinda in the same boat as you are.

I have been on fin for almost 3 months. I have had two minor sheds but combined my frontal hair looks thinner. However, I had a hair transplant so some of it could have been shock loss right behind the implants.

Someone on here has also suggested I switch to DUT .However, I went through minor side effects on Fin and now have none, and I am not sure about chucking that out the window for an even stronger med.

I too am wondering just how much better DUT is and if it will actually regrow hair
    I think you should consider yourself lucky that your sides went away, and will probably get worse ones on a stronger medicine.

Inactive

Hey, OP. 25 going on 65, PatientlyWaiting, and I all use duta and have logs up if you care to make a search. I can personally attest to the validity of Dr. Reddy's Dutas from inhouse. I have a blood test in my log that shows that I have the DHT levels of a child, obviously indicating that the medicine is working and is legitimate. No sides to report with just over two months under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Hey, OP. 25 going on 65, PatientlyWaiting, and I all use duta and have logs up if you care to make a search. I can personally attest to the validity of Dr. Reddy's Dutas from inhouse. I have a blood test in my log that shows that I have the DHT levels of a child, obviously indicating that the medicine is working and is legitimate. No sides to report with just over two months under my belt.
    So inhousepharmacy is legit?

Would you recommend the generic? The real thing costs too much.

I'm 1 month in using Dutagen 0.5 a day from Inhouse, along with fin 1.25/day [Dr Reddy's], and Rogaine twice a day. The results so far are not what I expected with just 1 month of use, and I mean that in a good way. I'm having to use less Toppik now [hair concealer]. I would say the Dutasteride has to be a big part of this good thickening i'm getting, because I have been on Rogaine twice a day and 1.25mg fin/day in the past and didn't see the results i'm getting now, until like months and months of use.

I was expecting to see what i'm getting now, in like 6 months. My plan was to update my thread with pics in 6 months, but with the results i'm getting i'll have to bring the date down to 3-4 months, and i'm even tempted to show you guys the before and after pics I have now. But i'll wait till I get more thickening.

People who are thinking of Dutasteride should maybe consider the following:

Dutasteride is the stronger cousin of Finasteride. If you have side effects from Finasteride they will only more than likely worsen with Dutasteride as they share the same chemical profile and both stop the prostrate and testes from creating the dihydrotestosterone giving your hair the space it needs to recuperate.

If you had no gains with Finasteride it is a 50/50 gamble that Dutasteride will work that is if the miniaturized hairs are not too far gone based on the time they have been in that state and the arrector pilli muscle pushing the hair up the shaft has not atrophied to the point of being gone. That will determine if under the right conditions if the vellus "peach fuzz" hairs will stay that way or with Minoxidil become terminal hairs and grow out fuller with consistent use of Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral.. you need all three for success.

I have used Finasteride ten months now and seen slow but successful results over time but patience is needed. Three months you won't see anything no one would so that is unrealistic no matter what product you used. Restoration from hair loss is a long and involved process that would take at least on the outside if at the least 8 months to a year to see anything. Most say it would take a year or more to see something definitive in terms of changes.

I am Norwood 5 with the classic horseshoe pattern and yet the hairs are sprouting up and darkening on the crown and the vertex that were vellus hairs and the density is increasing after starting my use of the drug since last July going to my tenth month but even this will take time and I have experienced minimal shedding so far.

But shedding is not or does not automatically equal a bad thing. People think automatically this is the worst. No it means the medication is working to push out the dead hair that can not be revived out for new growing hair through the follicle shaft.

If you use Finasteride as a primer you can always go to Dutasteride later on if you wish to improve results but if you start with Dutasteride you can not go back to Finasteride as that is a step downward it would be like the analogy of going from the 800 pound gorilla in the room down to the 20 pound monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Three months you won't see anything no one would so that is unrealistic no matter what product you used. .
    That does it.

Explain what is going in here then.

Click the picture to see larger version:

Before pic: March 29th, 2013.

After pic: Today [4/26].

Before:

After:

take screen shot

Less than 1 month. So explain that? The pictures aren't the best quality, but it is clear as day that my vertex was damn near hair less on March 29th, and now there's hair today. That's one month buddy. So what you said is false. Same hair cut, both pics in the bathroom under the same light, same angle, same spot.

Like seriously, why would I even lie to myself? Give my self false hope. Why? There's no point in that. Not a big deal, but the pictures show obvious thickening in less than one month.