+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutasteride

Also using both at the same time is pretty stupid. I have my happy and healthy kids already so I am not jeopardizing my ability to procreate by bringing a about a side effect like erectile dysfunction or low ejaculate and sperm count. Even so I started off with Finasteride to see if the side effects would take shape which in the beginning they did happen and then stopped altogether and my erections came back strong as ever. You wean yourself off of one drug Finasteride before using the other Dutasteride that is just plain common sense because the mixture of both could set off god knows what in your system.

If you get no side effects on either, who the f-ck cares...

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    That does it.

Explain what is going in here then.

Click the picture to see larger version:

Before pic: March 29th, 2013.

After pic: Today [4/26].

Before:

After:

take screen shot

Less than 1 month. So explain that? The pictures aren't the best quality, but it is clear as day that my vertex was damn near hair less on March 29th, and now there's hair today. That's one month buddy. So what you said is false. Same hair cut, both pics in the bathroom under the same light, same angle, same spot.

YOU ARE USING BOTH.. which one is working and which one isn't ? How can YOU know for sure ?
    You were only on Fin for a few months what a little over 3 months and it is frankly bullshit to think that a drug could work on MPB that fast.

That said you have only been using Dutasteride for a month. One month of cycling into your system along with Minoxidil and other things I am sure. How can you say in earnest which combination was effective and which was not effective ? So you aren't lying but you can't flat out say Fin didn't work for you or doesn't work for anyone else that is the only thing that I am skeptical of.. not your results. You didn't give it a chance to work before jumping onto the next drug.

So you have great results.. good luck and hope you maintain them but there are guys on this site that would have you pour all kinds of concoctions on your head and shell out over 200 dollars buying digital scales, powders and Everclear. Or get hair transplants immediately for 2000 plus dollars without giving the person the facts that their internal chemistry and hormones/DHT will reduce that hair all over again and if Propecia Finasteride or Dutasteride doesn't work then you have only reset the clock to it falling out all over again in the next few years.

To that effect I believe in giving people the proper balanced information based on not only my experiences but the scientific facts as they have been presented to me by Spex and others far more knowledgeable that either of us.

If you get no side effects on either, who the f-ck cares...
    It is irresponsible and dangerous which is why someone the **** cares. You can go down a dangerous road if you want but don't encourage people to follow you and then you get to shrug your shoulders while you are ok and while they are ****ed up as a result. THAT by definition is irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post

YOU ARE USING BOTH.. which one is working and which one isn't ? How can YOU know for sure ?
    But you said no product can give you results at 1 month?

You were only on Fin for a few months what a little over 3 months
    Before starting Dutasteride 0.5mg/day, I was on fin 1.25mg for 3 years. Don't know where you got 3 months from.

and it is frankly bullshit to think that a drug could work on MPB that fast.
    Well it just did.

That said you have only been using Dutasteride for a month. One month of cycling into your system along with Minoxidil and other things I am sure. How can you say in earnest which combination was effective and which was not effective ? So you aren't lying but you can't flat out say Fin didn't work for you or doesn't work for anyone else that is the only thing that I am skeptical of.. not your results. You didn't give it a chance to work before jumping onto the next drug.
    Like I said in a previous post, in the past, I used fin 1.25mg/Rogaine and didn't get these results this fast.

So you have great results.. good luck and hope you maintain them but there are guys on this site that would have you pour all kinds of concoctions on your head and shell out over 200 dollars buying digital scales, powders and Everclear. Or get hair transplants immediately for 2000 plus dollars without giving the person the facts that theIR internal chemistry and hormones/DHT will reduce that hair all over again and if Propecia Finasteride or Dutasteride doesn't work then you have only reset the clock to it falling out all over again in the next few years.
    Thank you.

To that effect I believe in giving people the proper balanced information based on not only my experiences but the scientific facts as they have been presented to me by Spex and others far more knowledgeable that either of us.
    That is very caring of you. Keep at it. But I have to counter the information you are giving out, with my own experience and results, if I don't do not agree with it. What ever the scientific facts, spex or any hair loss expert says, I can only go by my own experiences and help people according to my own knowledge. With that said, Spex is a very helpful guy and I refer a lot of guys to his informative threads often.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    It is irresponsible and dangerous which is why someone the **** cares. You can go down a dangerous road if you want but don't encourage people to follow you and then you get to shrug your shoulders while you are ok and while they are ****ed up as a result. THAT by definition is irresponsible.
    Exactly. It is also irresponsible to scare some one away from these drugs without even telling them to try it. They could be missing out on possibly curing their hair loss because some one told them their d-ck will fall off.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting hair loss sufferers FDA approved drugs that worked for you.

That does it.

Explain what is going in here then.

Click the picture to see larger version:

Before pic: March 29th, 2013.

After pic: Today [4/26].

Before:

After:

take screen shot

Less than 1 month. So explain that? The pictures aren't the best quality, but it is clear as day that my vertex was damn near hair less on March 29th, and now there's hair today. That's one month buddy. So what you said is false. Same hair cut, both pics in the bathroom under the same light, same angle, same spot.
    the first photo has flash on your bald spot and the second has no flash so does not look as bad

But you said no product can give you results at 1 month?

Before starting Dutasteride 0.5mg/day, I was on fin 1.25mg for 3 years. Don't know where you got 3 months from.

Well it just did.

Like I said in a previous post, in the past, I used fin 1.25mg/Rogaine and didn't get these results this fast.

Thank you.

That is very caring of you. Keep at it. But I have to counter the information you are giving out, with my own experience and results, if I don't do not agree with it. What ever the scientific facts, spex or any hair loss expert says, I can only go by my own experiences and help people according to my own knowledge. With that said, Spex is a very helpful guy and I refer a lot of guys to his informative threads often.
    You mentioned you are currenly using both Dut at 0.5 mg and Fin at 1.25 mg now so you never answered my question how do you know what is working ? You never stopped using one for the other or the answer would be quite clear. Number two you are using Rogaine in addition regardless of what drug internally you are taking so your responsiveness albeit as you have mentioned might have been fast but that is not atypical based on scientific or clinical trials.
    One month is usually not enough for either to determine a consistent result and particularly when there is a shedding process to come in upcoming months in which case five months from now you might not be as eager to show a picture result of yourself.

Secondly and this is being polite from the pictures the improvement you are showing is not that appreciable as your head is shaved down and your head is at a different angle in the lighting. You still have a diffuse pattern of baldness showing a horseshoe pattern of baldness at about the beginning of NW4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    the first photo has flash on your bald spot and the second has no flash so does not look as bad
    Exactly Shan it is the same pattern of baldness with different lighting and angles. The meds did nothing substantial for him at this point. He is a Norwood 3 advancing into 4 on the scale of MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    There's no flash on either. Same BB Torch 5mp camera. The after pic is in the day time, the before pic is in the night time. I'll take one later in the night.

The after pic should be worse, it is exposed to more light.