+ Reply to Thread

Default Is finasteride evenly distributed within finpecia cipla 1mg ?

So, i took finasteride twice now, both attempts for a span of a week, my first attempt was a few months ago and my last attempt was about 2 weeks ago (7 pills each time i think) but i stopped because i experienced side effects and massive shedding, which i suspect to be a hypoandrogenic reaction or something, because i shed too soon on the drug (1 week into treatment both times)

So my question is whether starting with a very small dose, 0.25 will help not to shock my system and perhaps avoid an initial shed and side effects.

Now my main concern is cutting the finpecia 1mg pill in fourths, i wanted to know if anyone does this, or if theres any data on the distribution of fin within this pill. Im sorry if i confused you guys

Oh and my side effects included anxiety, depression, difficulty sleeping, tight feeling in my chest,and watery semen. But these went away since i stopped some days ago, i feel so much better now. So anyone can help me out on this matter?

I think if you continued on Fin, the sides may have subsided

Used finpecia for almost two years .5mg everyday. Now I use .5mg every other day to maintain. Didn't have that many side effects. Watery semen for a week or so. A little bit of forehead acne. That's it. I don't doubt people with sides but getting anxiety, depression, and massive shedding within a week sounds like a little much. Even if you had a hypoandrogenic reaction you wouldn't be depressed. An increase in testosterone would give you added motivation, libido, etc. Try .5 every other day or even .25mg. Add a ketoconazale shampoo once or twice per week. Stop thinking about it so much.

Inactive

Hey man, I had pretty bad sides the first time that I took fin (the same brand you took) but they all subsided and, as you know, I am now on duta with no sides.

awrite, thnx for the advice, but this still doesn't explain the initial shedding, did i mention i also broke out while on treatment. I really hate oral dht blockers but im going to start 0.25 mg everyday now and if i get sides, **** it.

One more question,Is there is some blood test or something to see if im reacting badly to fin?

bump.... anyone der? :/

In regards to your original question, I am not sure if anyone really knows for sure whether it is evenly distributed or not. I've searched this myself before and some say yes and some say no. It is possible the active ingredient is pretty well distributed within the tablet; but also possible if cut it up into quarters there may be .50mg in two of the pieces and none in the others. It shouldn't really matter too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    In regards to your original question, I am not sure if anyone really knows for sure whether it is evenly distributed or not. I've searched this myself before and some say yes and some say no. It is possible the active ingredient is pretty well distributed within the tablet; but also possible if cut it up into quarters there may be .50mg in two of the pieces and none in the others. It shouldn't really matter too much though.
    thnx man,

hey guys can someone answer these questions?
    1) how to avoid a possible hypoandrogenic reaction to finasteride
    2) how to detect a hypoandrogenic reaction (blood test, scalp biopsy?)