+ Reply to Thread

Default Any way to regrow hairs around the hairline?

I have posted here before and people were saying I'm not balding. However, I believe I am in fact balding and plan to visit a dermatologist after my spring semester is over before it gets any worse. I took a picture of my temple area/forelock and observed these little hairs (miniaturized hairs?), my frontal hairs are lacking and I thought to myself if I'm able to regrow these hairs I will have fuller looking fringe than I have now, which looks thin.

Here are pictures of these little hairs I'm talking about. What can I do to regrow them?

Excuse my horrendous skin, I still suffer from acne and I'm 21. I feel like I am cursed inheriting all the bad genes (balding, stretch marks, bad skin), whereas my big brother is exact opposite.

Oh and hairs above my ear and in front seems to be thinning and curly, I don't know if it's just in my genes since my mother's hair is also curly in some areas and we share same blood type AB. DUPA maybe? I attached a pic.

And excuse my English as it is not my first language, thanks!

The problem with getting advice here about your hair loss is that you are talking to guys who are NW3-NW7 so anything less than what they have, they see as not balding. Their answers is more like "I'll take what you have over what I have". That is really not helpful at all. It's like to start MPB treatment, you have to be NW3 and that's just a terrible idea. It's best to start as soon as you notice it. There are some guys here who are straight forward and would tell you like it is, but for the most part, we're all balding badly here so some of us are bad at judging other persons early hair loss.

But yes you are at the first stages.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    The problem with getting advice here about your hair loss is that you are talking to guys who are NW3-NW7 so anything less than what they have, they see as not balding. Their answers is more like "I'll take what you have over what I have". That is really not helpful at all. It's like to start MPB treatment, you have to be NW3 and that's just a terrible idea. It's best to start as soon as you notice it. There are some guys here who are straight forward and would tell you like it is, but for the most part, we're all balding badly here so some of us are bad at judging other persons early hair loss.

Not everybody is NW 5-7. I have a mature hairline and took fin just in case it started receding.

Maybe you should start some FDA approved medication

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

What kind of treatment would you recommend for 21 year old?

Regrowth around the hairline? Difficult, although you can try using Minoxidil on and around your hairline and see if it stimulates any new growth.

I've been a NW3 for six years, been on Fin and Minoxidil for two months, I rub that and Emu oil into my receded temples and I've recently noticed baby hairs growing and some darker ones in the areas where there hasn't been any hair for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wr985 View Post
    I've been a NW3 for six years, been on Fin and Minoxidil for two months, I rub that and Emu oil into my receded temples and I've recently noticed baby hairs growing and some darker ones in the areas where there hasn't been any hair for a while.
    I heard many good things for Emu Oils. Do you apply all over your hair? If so, how many times a day and week do you apply the oil?

there are a few oils that can restore hair thickness especially if mixed together and massaged onto scalp