+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Whatever the reality is with Gho, his prices are disgusting.
    Welcome to the reality of medical procedures in the first world. Premier talent requires premier prices.

I hope these 1-hair follicular units turn into 2-hair units...

At this point in time, these are the facts that we have, primarily from gc's and other patients' procedures:
    • HASCI targets, almost exclusively, multi-hair follicular units for extraction. The great majority of these are 2-hair and 3-hair units from my observations.
    • Most patients report a large number of 1-hair units in the recipient, occasionally some 2-hair units, very rarely 3-hair units.
    • The majority of extracted follicular units in the donor either do not regenerate, or regenerate with less hairs (~60%)
    • Based on the 50 graft test procedures, we also know that there are a huge number of failed extractions and transections.

Combine this with HASCI's inability to provide evidence for their procedure, and I think the facts speak for themselves.

If you want a visibly scarless procedure based on splitting follicular units, than go for an HST. But don't expect any hair multiplication.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I hope these 1-hair follicular units turn into 2-hair units...

At this point in time, these are the facts that we have, primarily from gc's and other patients' procedures:
    • HASCI targets, almost exclusively, multi-hair follicular units for extraction. The great majority of these are 2-hair and 3-hair units from my observations.
    • Most patients report a large number of 1-hair units in the recipient, occasionally some 2-hair units, very rarely 3-hair units.
    • The majority of extracted follicular units in the donor either do not regenerate, or regenerate with less hairs (~60%)
    • Based on the 50 graft test procedures, we also know that there are a huge number of failed extractions and transections.

Combine this with HASCI's inability to provide evidence for their procedure, and I think the facts speak for themselves.

If you want a visibly scarless procedure based on splitting follicular units, than go for an HST. But don't expect any hair multiplication.
    This is the most you're gonna say, after we've been following gc's, IM's, Arashi's etc. cases?? *Barf*

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    This is the most you're gonna say, after we've been following gc's, IM's, Arashi's etc. cases?? *Barf*
    Well all points that JJJJR's mentions are correct, based on what we've seen so far. I'm also really starting to doubt regeneration happens at all. The fact that gc83uk is getting way more grafts than other clinics could give him, might be explained by the low hair/graft count at HASCI.

Luckily gc83uk is going next month again and he's going to photograph every single graft on his scalp, so that should finally yield the data we're all looking for and we can all stop arguing (although I already know IM is going to downplay gc83uk's data by saying that gc83uk is a bad test case because he left too little time between the procedures)

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

Luckily gc83uk is going next month again and he's going to photograph every single graft on his scalp, so that should finally yield the data ...
    Poor gc ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    ...we're all looking for and we can all stop arguing (although I already know IM is going to downplay gc83uk's data by saying that gc83uk is a bad test case because he left too little time between the procedures)
    hmmm, who says that leaving too little time between HST procedures "is a good thing" for complete FOLLICLE REGENERATION??

Do you think it's a good thing having a procedure just after 6 month - I mean, just based on "gut instinct" ?

YES/NO/I-DON'T-KNOW ?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    poor gc ...

hmmm, who says that leaving too little time between hst procedures "is a good thing" for complete follicle regeneration??

Do you think it's a good thing having a procedure just after 6 month - i mean, just based on "gut instinct" ?

Yes/no/i-don't-know ?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    yes
    Yes? BTW - as far as I remember, during your 3rd HST, they extracted THIS TIME also within completely "virgin" areas (above as well as below the previous 2 extraction areas) - right?

That means, during your next/4th HST procedure (around 6 month after your 3rd HST), of course, they WILL extract within these former "virgin areas" again - right?

And that's the point in YOUR case - a good thing for complete follicle regeneration/healing?
    Dr. Gho said to S.K. during the 1st interview that "3 month is too short" - right? So he "recommends" at least 9 month - right? And that means, 6 month is still rather "questionable" ...

Therefore, I'm curious to know what happend in my case after at least 12 month; if there is around the same result after 12 month like your result after 6 month, that would simply mean - it doesn't really matter ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Yes? BTW - as far as I remember, during your 3rd HST, they extracted THIS TIME also within completely "virgin" areas (above as well as below the previous 2 extraction areas) - right?

That means, during your next/4th HST procedure (around 6 month after your 3rd HST), of course, they WILL extract within these former "virgin areas" again - right?

And that's the point in YOUR case - a good thing for complete follicle regeneration/healing?
    Dr. Gho said to S.K. during the 1st interview that "3 month is too short" - right? So he "recommends" at least 9 month - right? And that means, 6 month is still rather "questionable" ...

Therefore, I'm curious to know what happend in my case after at least 12 month; if there is around the same result after 12 month like your result after 6 month, that would simply mean - it doesn't really matter ...
    There is one thing I have never mentioned on this forum. When I requested my 2nd HST after just a few months, Dr Gho said no of course, however he later changed his mind and said they can take grafts from a slightly different position.

I'm not convinced that actually happened, I think there was some cross-over, but it was comforting, especially as we are only talking about 700 grafts per procedure, I think if I were doing 1400 per procedure, I would definitely think twice about cutting short the gap between procedures.

My 4th HST will be 8 months after my 3rd HST, not 6 months as you have quoted above. I'm getting married in August 2014, so I'm leaving 8 month gaps to ensure my 5th HST for MAY 2014, which will allow for some recipient growth (3 months) by time the wedding comes around.

My 4th HST will maybe have some virgin areas, I don't know, maybe 20% however my 3rd HST was over a fairly large area too (unlike the first two HSTs)

I have also noticed that the thinning of the 1st and 2nd HST is more obvious than the 3rd HST, simply because in my first two HST's I had a thin 1 inch band shaved, so the thinning is more obvious in these 1 inch bands if you get me. Whereas if I had just gone for an all over extraction (shaving head) then it would look even better than it does now. So if anyone is considering the former, then take that into account!

Don't get me wrong here, you can't see any thinning unless you know what you're looking for! A friend was asking me a couple of weeks ago why I had FUT instead of FUE, when I explained that those linear scars in my head were 15 years old he seemed bemused and couldn't understand why I didn't have the FUE gaps.

I would think the result would be very similar at 6 months as it is at 12 months. That is just me though! I'm sure you'll be able to answer this by December.

I really hope we can document gc procedure in september somehow. Im readdy to chip in some of my time for that.

Now, gc i remember some other clinics told u that u could only have 2k grafts? Also i didnt know u had a fut before, where did u place the grafts?

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    I really hope we can document gc procedure in september somehow. Im readdy to chip in some of my time for that.

Now, gc i remember some other clinics told u that u could only have 2k grafts? Also i didnt know u had a fut before, where did u place the grafts?
    Thanks!

Yes they told me I could have approx 2000, that was Farjo and also HDC (cyprus). Anymore would leave my donor too thin in so many words!

I didn't actually say I had FUT, I just said I had a linear scar that my friend thought was the result of my recent hair transplants by Gho. Basically highlighting the fact that the tiny HST extractions are almost invisible.

I'm going to start with the photos probably the 1st September (before photos), so I'll upload to a drop box account and give everyone access that wants to contribute some time to help wheres needed.