+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone heard of Dr Zontos or used him?

he is ex DHI

i know for most people this would be a instant put of but Dr Bisinga is also ex dhi and is considered to be really good. For anyone reading this i a not encouraging DHI in anyway, i wouldn't let them ever work on my head again even if they paid me a million pounds

I cannot see any results in the last 3 years by Dr Zontos but he has this website up so is clearly still in the HT business

http://www.drzontos.com/

thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply

From what I recall, Dr. Zontos and Dr. Bisanga worked togethor at DHI. This was not all that long ago (2003-2004) when FUE really hit the U.S. based hairloss forums big and a certain hairloss community/forum appeared to be promoting DHI alot especially when they were introducing the "implanter". IMHO, they appeared to be targeting North American hairloss communities very aggressively.

In fact, one of their main forum moderators also went to work for DHI in Greece as an online sales consultant. He went by "Petermac" and he virtually disappeared from these forums after he quit working for DHI. I heard that he went into a completely new line of work/occupation.

Anyone surfing/reading the forums back then may remember all of this drama. Then, there was a mass exit of employees from DHI that was a big topic of discussion and contraversy.

Back at that time Dr. Zontos was one of their anchor surgeons but he too subsequently left DHI as you stated. It appeared that DHI got very quiet after these events and virtually disappeared from the major forums.

Again, this was all information that I read in several forums, and my observations at that time.

Glad to see that you are carefully doing your research for the right clinic/doctor.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi Gillenator, you have always given me good informative replies over the years. I guess what i am trying to figure out is how much work he does these days and if it is any good. He is the 1st ever doctor to have worked on me and dr woods was the last. The ones in-between messed me up big time but zontos and woods were ok. Zontos probably made the biggest difference with the smallest number of grafts but woods had a more challenging job when he saw me i.e he was working in-between existing hairs.

have you seen any of his work in the last 2 years. Any idea why if he is practicing full time not a single person has come on the forums mentioning his name?

morelocks,

So nice to see that you are still around and doing well.

Not too many people know about DHI or their background. They actually go back several decades. If my memory is correct a Mr Giontis owns the company in Greece although he is not a licensed physician. He is a businessman running a business from my own observations.

And IMHO, Dr. Zontos was probably their best surgeon and left them for reasons unknown. My guess is that being a gifted surgeon, he probably figured out that he no longer needed DHI to back him. He was a relatively new up and coming HT surgeon and unknown when DHI decided to promote FUE hard and heavy in the hairloss forums.

But as I stated earlier, it seemed that everything fell apart and many employees began departing them.

From my observations from what was taking place, DHI hired several good docs from the US to teach them FUE and I believe that Dr. Zontos was able to draw and refine some of his isolation extraction techniques with these docs.

Dr. Bisanga worked for Dr. Paul Rose out of Tampa, FL just before they both went over to Greece to DHI. Dr. Bisanga was not a licensed physician in the US and was an OR tech in both Atlanta, GA and Florida. But it seemed that they both left DHI shortly after the internal turmoil began and everything went public in the forums. This was approximately a decade ago when FUE was really becoming the buzz world-wide and especially in North America.

Prior to that, Dr. Ray Woods in Australia really was the master of FUE but it was rumored that he wanted $100,000 from any physician wanting to learn FUE from him. There were no takers from my knowledge. That too was all over the internet so again, this was all public information on the internet.

My guess is that Dr. Zontos is independent and well known in Greece and Europe. IMHO, he is a true clinician and not a business builder like Giontis. He loves what he does, probably makes a good living and is content with that. You may see his name more in the European forums but since there are more and more doctors doing FUE worldwide, he sort of got lost in the pack if you know what I mean. Yet I have never heard anything bad about him, ever.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Wink DR zontos

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    morelocks,

So nice to see that you are still around and doing well.

Not too many people know about DHI or their background. They actually go back several decades. If my memory is correct a Mr Giontis owns the company in Greece although he is not a licensed physician. He is a businessman running a business from my own observations.

And IMHO, Dr. Zontos was probably their best surgeon and left them for reasons unknown. My guess is that being a gifted surgeon, he probably figured out that he no longer needed DHI to back him. He was a relatively new up and coming HT surgeon and unknown when DHI decided to promote FUE hard and heavy in the hairloss forums.

But as I stated earlier, it seemed that everything fell apart and many employees began departing them.

From my observations from what was taking place, DHI hired several good docs from the US to teach them FUE and I believe that Dr. Zontos was able to draw and refine some of his isolation extraction techniques with these docs.

Dr. Bisanga worked for Dr. Paul Rose out of Tampa, FL just before they both went over to Greece to DHI. Dr. Bisanga was not a licensed physician in the US and was an OR tech in both Atlanta, GA and Florida. But it seemed that they both left DHI shortly after the internal turmoil began and everything went public in the forums. This was approximately a decade ago when FUE was really becoming the buzz world-wide and especially in North America.

Prior to that, Dr. Ray Woods in Australia really was the master of FUE but it was rumored that he wanted $100,000 from any physician wanting to learn FUE from him. There were no takers from my knowledge. That too was all over the internet so again, this was all public information on the internet.

My guess is that Dr. Zontos is independent and well known in Greece and Europe. IMHO, he is a true clinician and not a business builder like Giontis. He loves what he does, probably makes a good living and is content with that. You may see his name more in the European forums but since there are more and more doctors doing FUE worldwide, he sort of got lost in the pack if you know what I mean. Yet I have never heard anything bad about him, ever.
    Well.. I just had a procedure done with dr zontos 7 Weeks ago. 900 grafts, 3000 hairs. So far so good. Seems to be very good at his work.

Hi Vibendk

I had no idea someone had replied to this post

How are your results coming along my friend. Id be more grateful than you know if you could let me know

is there anyone else out there who has had work done with Dr Zontos?

I've not heard the name Dr. Zontos in a long while and it brings back a lot of memories. As Gillenator said, he was the anchor of the DHI machine back in the day and this was when I had been working with H&W for a year or two. Back then, it was really difficult to say there was any good work coming out of Europe but I remember thinking when I first saw the work of Dr. Zontos that things were about to change. I was very impressed and I remember getting the distinct impression that he and Mr. Giottis did not see eye to eye on many things.

I had a look at his website and the work that I can see, which isn't much, looks good but it was like pulling teeth trying to navigate the site. The pages and images take forever to load so I couldn't see much.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks Joe for your input - much appreciated

I really hope Vibendk also replies

morelocks,

Have you tried contacting Dr. Bisanga regarding an update on Dr. Zontos? They may still be in touch with each other and after reading Vibendk's recent post, my guess is that Dr. Zontos is still doing good work.

Hope things work out for you my good friend...best wishes.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net