Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henkeh91
    • Apr 2013

Massive shedding by finasteride

I've been using finasteride (0,5mg) daily for about 3 weeks or so and without sides (yet). I shedded pretty bad before I went on finasteride but it's even worse now. There is alot of hair on my shirt during the days and in my hand when I'm applying minoxidil every morning and evening.

This is devastating for me when my hair is already very thin all over the scalp (~80% less hair). I guess the shedding is a good sign (?), how long will it take before the shedding stops?

It's only been 3 weeks, aren't the shedding a bit too soon?
  • Shan
    • Feb 2013

Shedding can occur anytime and should stop in a few weeks. Hopefully it is a good sign as the hair should come back stronger.
    Im glad you have not had any side effects and will not have any hopefully as you have been on it for 3 weeks

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

The excess shedding has potential to go on for months. Fair warning.
      But yes it is a common part of treating MPB with meds. Minox will do this to you also.

Make sure your fin is legit. The safest way is to get Merck brand Proscar or Propecia from a licensed pharmacy but most pharmacy generics are fine also (I used generics for around 2 years myself)

Comment

• Shan
        • Feb 2013

keep us updated bro. good luck

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Henkeh91
          I've been using finasteride (0,5mg) daily for about 3 weeks or so and without sides (yet). I shedded pretty bad before I went on finasteride but it's even worse now. There is alot of hair on my shirt during the days and in my hand when I'm applying minoxidil every morning and evening.

This is devastating for me when my hair is already very thin all over the scalp (~80% less hair). I guess the shedding is a good sign (?), how long will it take before the shedding stops?

It's only been 3 weeks, aren't the shedding a bit too soon?
          Same here, except mine started around the 6th week. Hoping the shedding stops all the way soon.

Comment

• Shan
            • Feb 2013

I experienced a shed which i noticed heavily in one spot more than usual. There was a thin line near the middle but the hair grew back and this was 5 months in to Fin

Comment

• Henkeh91
              • Apr 2013

I've been using the brand "Fincar" but changed to "Propecia" three days ago when I got it prescripted by my doctor.

Is it bad to swap between the different finasteride brands? I still got 27 pills of fincar.

Comment

• drybone
                • Dec 2012

i noticed a shed at one month , then it was even thinner at 2 months but has since stopped. Ive only been on it just shy of 3 months so far.

Original sides were decreased erection and watery semen , but that corrected itself within 3 weeks. no sides since.

Comment

• Shan
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by drybone
                  i noticed a shed at one month , then it was even thinner at 2 months but has since stopped. Ive only been on it just shy of 3 months so far.

Original sides were decreased erection and watery semen , but that corrected itself within 3 weeks. no sides since.
                  I'm glad you had a good experience on Fin

Comment

• Henkeh91
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by drybone

I've notice watery semen but the libido is still fine (not as good as before the depression though). Hopefully it's just temporary for me too

Comment

• Shan
                      • Feb 2013

are you taking any anti depressants

Comment

• Henkeh91
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shan
                        are you taking any anti depressants
                        Nope.. the depression started for about a month ago so I haven't really thought about it yet.

Comment

• Erstan
                          • Jun 2015

Propecia seems to cause a lot of shedding. Maybe you're buying it from inferior places. I know http://www.europetablets.com sales real propecia

Comment

Working...