Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drybone
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
    I'm fairly certain new posters can discern the "qualified" from the "unqualified" without the use of disclaimers. Funny thing is that a lot of posters here are equally if not more knowledgeable on hair loss and treatments than many general physicians.
    Some are. You are right bro. But most, myself included, are not. I always tell folks to go to a dermatologist or their doctor.

As for Tracy and Chris, they are both right.

Tracy is right that symptoms can be psychosomatic or physical or emotional or any combination of them. Science is never an exact science.

Chris is right that he knows his own body, and he had side effects on Fin. He has the right to tell us his experience.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
      • Feb 2011

Chrisis does bring up some good points and I agree with most of them. If you are going to monkey around with your hormones and take a pill that drastically curtails the production of a chief male hormone, side effects are bound to happen. It's just common sense to me, no matter what kinds of studies point to the contrary. I am currently suffering from side effects from finasteride but continue to take it because I am scared to death of losing my hair. So I take the good with the bad. But I doubt I could make a commitment towards taking finasteride for the rest of my life.

I see Chrisis's point that finasteride can cause erectile dysfunction and I also see Tracy's point that performance anxiety does exist. However, for a male who has been sexually active throughout their life, they know the difference between performance anxiety and a drug screwing up their ability to perform. I've experienced both cases throughout my life, enough to know that finasteride can very well be responsible for a person's sexual dysfunction.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
        I'm fairly certain new posters can discern the "qualified" from the "unqualified" without the use of disclaimers. Funny thing is that a lot of posters here are equally if not more knowledgeable on hair loss and treatments than many general physicians.
        I really agree with that last sentence. I had a dermatologist who insisted to me that Bosley has a "great reputation". When I mentioned the American Hair Loss Association to him, he said "now what kind of crazy thing is that?". So many doctors and hair transplant surgeons are so unbelievably clueless when it comes to hair loss.

Comment

• akai
          • Dec 2012

Take 1mg or 0.5mg every other day with your multivitamin. Don't think about it and move on with life.

Comment

• Shan
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by akai
            Take 1mg or 0.5mg every other day with your multivitamin. Don't think about it and move on with life.
            that is what i did and if anything increased it increased my libido

Comment

• akai
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Shan
              that is what i did and if anything increased it increased my libido
              Did it work out? Some people end up getting a way larger increase in test than others.

Comment

• Shan
                • Feb 2013

Did it work out? Some people end up getting a way larger increase in test than others.
                did what work out.
                if you're refering to the med, then yes it has halted hair loss hopefully

Comment

• Shan
                  • Feb 2013

did what work out.
                  if you're referring to the med, then yes it has halted hair loss hopefully

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

I know quite a few guys who take 1.25mg every other day. They say doing so has worked just as well for them as taking 1mg every day.

Comment

Working...